BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Fulham

For anyone interested here's the stream of the highlights (goals). Hopefully it works. An asf file and it weighs in at 8.50Mb

EDIT: Removed you can watch match of the day for it now wink.gif

Edited by Hainesey

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the 4-5-1 formation and never have. I think it's too conservative and puts the players in the wrong frame of mind to go forward much and take risks but if it continues to get results like this one then I'll be happy.

If we do continue to play 4-5-1 then I want to see Bellamy play instead of Kuqi NOT Emerton.

340464[/snapback]

the last 2 games proved that 4-5-1 is the best formation for our squad so you'd better get used to it rich.

Were you there today? Kuqi may not be a Thierry Henri but he certainly keeps the centre halves occupied (and his cross was inch perfect for the 1st goal). On the other hand Emerton was absolutely abysmal. Bellamy is not good at playing with his back to goal so why on earth you said the above is beyond me.

Fulham were woeful and that should be kept in mind. There wont be many worse sides at Ewood this season.

340472[/snapback]

Everytime we win a game and the opponents doesn't create a lot of chances people are always talking about how crap the other side was. Why? Is it hard to see that our play made them look bad, or were they just crap, and the game was there for the taking?!

Everytime we win a game and the opponents doesn't create a lot of chances people are always talking about how crap the other side was. Why? Is it hard to see that our play made them look bad, or were they just crap, and the game was there for the taking?!

340490[/snapback]

They were crap. I just said that diddle I? biggrin.gif

Hainesey - you're a star.

Downloaded that file in around 9 seconds, Tugay's volley.... bloody hell !

340497[/snapback]

Cheers, I surprised myself smile.gif

The links already on a danish website, thanks to Wandel77, so I'll probably take it down in an hour or too.

In terms of pure technique today produced the two finest goals I have seen at Ewood. Even that grumpy guy on 909 (Stuart Hall?) said MGP's strike was the best he'd ever witnessed. It was only last night watching the ST DVD I was thinking we score some scruffy goals.

Fulham were poor, make no mistake about that. However we at times were very good and made them look poor.

Kuqi is a handful - not only for the opposition but for us. He is awkward to watch. One minute he looks like he's playing football in the dark, the next minute he looks like a cross between Didier Drogba and Alan Shearer. Sadly it was mostly the former. He won't score more than 10 but he will make chances and goals for other people. He is a poor man's Emile Heskey and I like him.

MGP and Neill had their best games in Rovers shirts.

A good day but Spurs will be a different proposition.

As thenodrog said before 4-5-1 does seem to suit our players a lot better than 4-4-2. After thinking about it more and reading other people's posts when Bellamy gets back and if Hughes can persuade him, we should move him out to the right instead of Emerton and maybe have him and MGP drifting in to help Kuqi.

By doing this we can switch quickly from 4-5-1 to 4-3-3.

I think there was link there was a link on here a couple of weeks ago about how a game is won and lost during the switch of possesion and how quickly a team transfers from attack to defence. If we can get the ball moving quickly out of defence, which hopefully Tugay will help with, we should score a lot more goals.

Edited by sumps

Emerton 7 - enigma. Just too much pussying around instead of straightforward passes and runs.

340405[/snapback]

7 ffs! In one sentence you have lost all credibility. Emerton was so poor today that the Rovers beat Fulham with virtually 10 men. I dunno whats up with him as he has plenty of pace, control and power. Unfortunately he appears to either not have a clue what to do with them, or a strong aversion to using them. He appears completely unaware of the concept of winning games by scoring goals whilst denying the same opportunity to opponents. I can only assume that he has come off a motor bike and bumped his head this summer too.

As thenodrog said before 4-5-1 does seem to suit our players a lot better than 4-4-2.

340504[/snapback]

Paul Dickov played a blinder last season out of position and up front on his own, but Kuqi adds a far greater physical presence causing the formation to look more formidable.

Can't believe some people are on Kuqi's case already, saying he tries hard but isn't good enough. Perhaps they'd rather see the likes of Yorke back, he was good enough, he just couldn't give a ****. mad.gif

Hearing Pedersons remark on the radio after the match about Neil, ' it was like watching Cafu', got me thinking. We could put this into Barnsley old song ' it's just like watching Brazil', ie 'It's just like watching Cafu' - for Neils forward runs. biggrin.gif

OK - which goal was the best?

My vote goes to Pederson's, he took it on the run. thumbs-up.gif

The main problem with Kuqi is that his first touch is @#/?. If he can improve that and hold the ball up a bit better and carries on winning as many balls in the air he can bring Bellamy and MGP into play and we've got a pretty decent chance of getting goals.

OK - which goal was the best?

My vote goes to Pederson's, he took it on the run. thumbs-up.gif

340513[/snapback]

The build up to Pedersons was exceptional and the finish stunning but Toogs volley took my breath away and I shall remember it for a long time(anyone rem Shearers strike v QPR?).

So it's Pedersons........ cos it was a team effort.

Bryan was right. It's early days so dont get too excited. Two wonder goals, yes but Fulham were not much worse than us.

I have a feeling I've just watched two relegation-bound teams today. So here is a doom and gloom merchant still spouting doom and gloom.

Neil was terrific going forward in the second half but as a full-back he was skinned time and time again by Boa Morte and could only stop the Portuguese by fouling.

Pederson is superb in his overall play and not just in his goal scoring.

When the game started I couldn't stop laughing at the huge overweight bulk of Kuqi lumbering ever so slowly round the field but by the end the game I had changed my mind. He is a player far ahead of Dickov in a 4-5-1 formation. I think the fans will warm to him just like I have. In a strange way he reminds me of Tommy Briggs and plays at the same speed as Tommy did in the early 50s.

Matteo impressed me today. I'm not his greatest fan but his game has improved a lot.

The Admiral is crucial to our defence. Without him we are lost.

Tugay had a cracking game and scored a cracking goal. Credit to Toogs and to The Gamst for executing a well worked set piece that I've seen them try twice before without success. Other teams will suss them out so you wont see it again. So enjoy the highlights tonight.

So to Spurs on Wednesday. Sorry, folks, but we'll get stuffed.

I must admit I was not looking forward to todays game. In fact upon arrival at Ewood I was convinced the best thing I would see all afternoon was the Peter Jackson advert in the matchday programme. How wrong I was. We were treated to two of the best goals you will see in a long time. If the first one was good (which it was) Tugays strike was even better.

What a difference a week makes. After the doom and gloom of 7 days ago there is now a spring in the step.

Oh and step forward and take a bow Lucas Neill. That was his best performance for a long time. Now, if we can get his compatriot playing as well we are laughing!

tinykit.gif

Not sure if this is the spot, or the 4-5-1 thread, but it looked like MGP is a lot better and more of a threat in the 4-5-1. Also, after watching United this morning, I could see Bellamy playing a Rooney like role in that formation with Kuqi as the lone striker. (Oh, and was Sorenson amazing, or what?)

sorry about spelling, but Kuqi was first dividsio at best. he really is rubbish. my god Joe craig pisssd up would have been beteer. too goals were absolutly fokin magic and Fulham, well thye were basoltyu sheeit muliliia men. we will nevr see two beetr evoleys at ewood tagian, but they wetee waste ao on fuham. I`m vart happy, we won and we won well,but emerton, kmeezezcgrist, my cat dodo bettere.

onwards and upwards, speuds next, and there sheetre.

no wyq we wil beat by spufdds, cos we ahve the nafic sign over them. If kuqi plays for rovers theh so can I. and I`m disabled. wat with my t4endency to gwqmder offside. its my lacklm of pace that. get in mey frein d tugay, you ate truky ny turkishgh date. 160000 cant be wring.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.