BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Fulham

Am I the only person who thinks Pedersen's goal was better than Tugay's? Both magnificent goals, but I think Pedersen's had the edge because;

1) The ball was coming across him, as opposed to relatively straight on as it was for Tugay.

2) If we're honest...either the goalkeeper or the player on the line should have stopped Tugay's effort, Pedersen's was simply unstoppable.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too Be honest lucas has been good going forward since we first had him, it has always been defensively people pointed out he could improve. He has had 2 fantastic games and if dropping him from the national team does this maybe he should retire from international games, same with brett! Harry Kewell can stay there  tongue.gif

edit: Oozy you could try Here? don't know whats on there but they normally have most of highlights on teh night of the game!

340563[/snapback]

You are a God! Finally got to watch MOTD!!

Not a very inspiring performance but 2 great goals.

The crowd........16,953 now thats a disgrace and very very worrying indeed.

Our club needs the Blackburn public to support it, sadly many just have given up the ghost........

340456[/snapback]

you must have been watching a different game the only dissapointment was 10 minutes after half time when we lost concentration for the second time in a week

Without doubt I'd say MGP's goal was the better of the two scored on Saturday. The whole build up to it was just great football and a delayed cross from Kuqi was smashed home by Pedersen on the run. He had no idea if the defender was going to get a touch on it so he gambled, and it paid off big time. Fantastic strike.

Tugay's goal, although a superb volley as well, was straight off the training ground pitch. I remember he tried it a couple of times last year without success but he just stuck it this time. Mind you, if the defender on the line hadnt bottled it then I think they'd be trying to stitch his head back on about now. That ball was motoring.

Good luck on Wednesday boyz, let's topple the league leaders!!! tinykit.gif

rover.gif my scoring on saturday

friedal-7 one great save,poor organisation for foolhams goal

niell -8 if he could defend he would be the next cafu

todd-7 let mcbride get the better of him

admiral-8 steady as a rock

matteo- 8 never noticed a mistake

toogs -7 fantastic goal,never have a easier day at the office

ried-7 tidy

savage-7 tireless running and won a few tackles,once booked needs replacing

emerton- 1 nice kit,and the kick over the riverside roof was good,12th man for trent bridge.

pedersen-8 best game for the blues,the goal off the season

kuqi-7 tireless preformance,pity his skill does not match his effort.

hughes- 8 tactics spot on tinykit.gif

As soon as that ball left Tugay's right peg it was in the back of the net. The look Tony Warner gave his defender on the line was priceless. The defender had his hands on his knees with a 'no chuffing way' look on his face.

tinykit.gif

I don't think anyone's given Savage a proper mention but I thought he had his best game for Rovers on saturday. A few more games will see his match fitness improve and he will be a key player for us this season.

well good display on sat fairplay!!

cant decide which goal was better, but at the end of the game its the 3 points which count!!

did anyone see the front page of the footy pull out in the sun on sat? those pics are quality!!

i liked hughes interview after the match, supreme confidence!!

lets give spurs a battering on wednesday now!!

I don't think anyone's given Savage a proper mention but I thought he had his best game for Rovers on saturday. A few more games will see his match fitness improve and he will be a key player for us this season.

At the moment Robbie Savage is nothing more than liability to the club. He is fully aware of the £50,000 fine hanging over the club, and yet in two matches so far he has got himself cautoned for poor challenges. (and please no excuses, about poor decisions. Both cautions were fully warranted)

Come on John. £50K ! What's that? The average fortnightly wage for PL players? It's not a lot in the context of the earnings of a Premier League club, even one that's "punching above it's weight" (as Chairman Williams likes to remind us).

I thought Savage played well, hopefully he's over his injury now and he'll start to show some consistency. I'd prefer it if he didn't get booked every week though obviously but I'd be more concerned about a suspension than a £50k fine.

Saw the goals, both were absolute class, but I'd give the nod to MGP's as the 15 pass build up and pinpoint cross was good football. Tugay's was a thunderbolt that could have gone anywhere.

We beat a team that will struggle to survive this season so no reasonto get excited, much like we didn't need to get despondent after last week's defeat. Spurs will be tough, but I'll bet we will be more organized.

At the moment Robbie Savage is nothing more than liability to the club. He is fully aware of the £50,000 fine hanging over the club, and yet in two matches so far he has got himself cautoned for poor challenges. (and please no excuses, about poor decisions. Both cautions were fully warranted)

340865[/snapback]

OK that's right, let's save the club some money by not getting stuck in but then lose a couple of Mill because we lost points and a couple of places in the table for playing like pansy's

Edited by USABlue

At the moment Robbie Savage is nothing more than  liability to the club. He is fully aware of the £50,000 fine hanging over the club, and yet in two matches so far he has got himself cautoned for poor challenges. (and please no excuses, about poor decisions. Both cautions were fully warranted)

340865[/snapback]

I agree, but for me this issue isn't the 50,000, it's the fact that apparently Savage is incapable of being effective once booked. His game therefore depends upon the need not only to foul (5 on Saturday) but that the fouls need to be serious and unwarranted. What kind of player is that? I wouldn't mind his bookings if he could play on afterwards, but the fact is that a booking for Savage has the effect of a sending off - he disappears.

I agree, but for me this issue isn't the 50,000, it's the fact that apparently Savage is incapable of being effective once booked. His game therefore depends upon the need not only to foul (5 on Saturday) but that the fouls need to be serious and unwarranted. What kind of player is that? I wouldn't mind his bookings if he could play on afterwards, but the fact is that a booking for Savage has the effect of a sending off - he disappears.

340936[/snapback]

He didn't disappear on Saturday after his booking. And he didn't deserve his booking either.

He didn't disappear on Saturday after his booking.  And he didn't deserve his booking either.

340944[/snapback]

Agreed.

Savage's problem is that he now has a tag, Sav won the ball, which is more than can be said for some of the tackles by Fulham players who got off scot free.

Just watched a replay of most of the second half--and I saw the highlights last night--and I must say that both goals were absolutely top drawer. Well worth the wait from Saturday morning.

I also wanted to echo those who praised Kuqi for his performance. No, his touch isn't always top class and he's not a pure finisher by any stretch of the imagination, but he posed problems for the Fulham defense (and Zat Knight is a good defender) and he ran his socks off all day. For a Bosman transfer we could have done a lot worse, and if we continue to play 4-5-1 then he was quite a good signing as he fits that role pretty well.

Edit: also forgot to mention McBride. In retrospect I'm certainly glad we got Stead instead, but the McBride bashers at the time would be well-served to watch his performance not only in this match, but from the end of last season onwards. As the Sky commentators pointed out, that's 7 goals in 11 games for him (including 2 thus far this season), and with Sparky employing 4-5-1 a lot he would have been a big asset to the club. I'm still happy with what we've got though.

Edited by Philly Rover ®

Really good positive performance against Fulham getting us the 3 points. How many games/months did it take to get that many points last season?? Mgp and tugay scored great goals, but i thought it was an all round good performance. A similar attitude and level against thfc would make it a cracker as they are playing really well. Onwards and upwards!!

I simply can not pick between either goal, MGP had to hit is at a full run with the ball coming across him, he even had to accelerate a bit to catch up. Tugay was on the spot and only had to wait but hit it with such venom and accuracy I don't know. Both were fine fine goals.

FoxSports over here had Toogs as Second and MGP as third in goals of the week. The winner???? Defoes strike against Boro, a fine goal in it's own right but nowhere near our two's on the degree of difficulty chart. Just goes to show what they know here, they even had some rather lame MSL goals in the top ten.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.