BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Fulham

Two fantastic goals and a solid performance. rover.gif

16,000 crowd!  well below my worst prediction I'm afraid......when was the last time we had 16k for a home league game?

Will they come out for Spurs A MIDWEEK GAME?

WORRYING. unsure.gif  sad.gif

340398[/snapback]

16,953 actually, A knuckle dragger would convince Royston Vassey folk that this was really 96,531. We got the points and played OK, go and get blathered wink.gif

Edited by yoda

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Hail King Lucas !!

(Been drinking )

340444[/snapback]

16,953 actually, A knuckle dragger would convince Royston Vassey folk that this was really 96,531. We got the points and played OK, go and get blathered THATS THE SPIRIT BROWNIE!

• Backroom
bryan shut up overall we put in a good performance and deserved the win we were easily the better side end of

340449[/snapback]

Apart from Emerton that is.. the guy is a liability !! mad.gif

OK performance, the game spoilt by the over excited ref who blew up for pretty much anything. Neill was outstanding and seemed reluctant to pass the ball to Emerton in advanced positions preferring to dance his own path through the Fulham defence on a couple of occasions. Despite the slagging he has received from many I thought Emerton's overall play was OK but admit his crossing and SOMETIMES his passing was abysmal.

Kuqi worked his ass off today and deserves a mention for the thankless task of playing alone up front with support being limited from Reid and Savage. Delighted Nelsen was back in defence, really what was needed looked assured and commanding when needed (better captain that Toddy I'm afraid).

Both goals were superb definitely goal of the month contenders! Poor crowd but Fulham brought a measly 300 which didn't help. Still holiday season and a poor first performance against West Ham, so should be better for Spuds (hopefully).

Edited by key76

Not a very inspiring performance but 2 great goals.

The crowd........16,953 now thats a disgrace and very very worrying indeed.

Our club needs the Blackburn public to support it, sadly many just have given up the ghost........

great performence and today I think we saw our strongest team, replacing Kuqi with Bellamy...

I think Bellamy can play the lone striker, ala Henry at Arsenal, as I think he can hold the ball up in that same way... By hitting it northwards and legging it after it...

4-4-2 suits our players so much more....

BTW, Pedersen does literally nothing but score, it really is amazing, can't complain though.

All Hail King Lucas !!

(Been drinking )

340444[/snapback]

Amazing how the emergence of young Andy Taylor as potential competition has seen a complete transformation in Neill after two years of crap displays. dry.gif

All credit to him for today's performance though. Although he did completely switch off for the Fulham goal (along with the rest of the defence)

I don't like the 4-5-1 formation and never have. I think it's too conservative and puts the players in the wrong frame of mind to go forward much and take risks but if it continues to get results like this one then I'll be happy.

If we do continue to play 4-5-1 then I want to see Bellamy play instead of Kuqi NOT Emerton. Tugay was the difference between this performance and that of a week ago. I know MGP and Neill were great (and the rest of them for that) but Tugay is a fantastic ball player with a pin-point precision pass whether it's 10 or 40 yards long. Can't wait to see him playing through balls and long ones over the top for Bellamy to run onto. If theres one man who can put the ball right where Bellars wants it then it's Tugay. PLEASE don't drop him when Bellamy returns! They will be very exciting playing together in the same team.

Take away absolutely superb strikes and the performance was ok - no more than that. Fulham were woeful and that should be kept in mind. There wont be many worse sides at Ewood this season.

Worrying thing for me was that the first home game of the season and a couple of injuries and a couple of suspensions and we were down to the bare bones. A glimpse at the bench showed that. We might have a "big" squad, including all the professionals at the club, but there isn't an abundance of quality available outside the first 15 players.

I've got to agree with 1864, I didn't think Kuqi looked up to prem standard, but I'll give him more time. He certainly plays with a big heart.

Looking on the positive side - Lucas was superb today, let's hope he can perform week in, week out. Nelsen makes a huge difference to our discipline.

A 17000 gate should send a message to the directors. Rovers must take the extra steps before the transfer window closes. Another season like last and £2-3m spent wisely now, might be the best money they've spent in a long time.

Overall though, very pleased. 10/10 for effort.

Strange game today , thought the game was generally poor but was rather undeservedly graced by two of the finest goals I've ever seen at Ewood. (Stuart Hall apparently said MGP's goal was the best he'd ever seen)

On the down side Fulham were dire yet we so nearly let them back into the game due to a lapse in concentration immediately after half time, as at West Ham. Emerton was dismal once again, how he survived 90 minutes was a mystery. He must be dropped if only to send a message that you can't get away with playing like that and retain your place.

There was no lack of effort from Kuqi but on today's evidence he looks a long way away from being Premiership quality. Once again playing 4-5-1 I feel we offer little by way of attacking threat.

On the plus side, I thought Savage was very good, harrying the opposition to death, much more of what you expect from him. A rejuvenated Neill desevedly MOM.

Wednesday's game against Spurs will give a much better idea as to our prospects, we need to show more up front and can't rely on 2 wonder strikes from midfield to pull us out of the fire every week.

If we can nick a win it will be an excellent start though.

But am I the only person wondering why we need to commit 26 fouls, at home, against a team like Fulham?

340390[/snapback]

We didn't! Unfortunately the (rather biased) Ref chose to award that number of free kicks against us though. He must read the Mail. mad.gif

We didn't!  Unfortunately the (rather biased) Ref chose to award that number of free kicks against us though.  He must read the Mail. mad.gif

340478[/snapback]

I fell somewhat ill saying this wink.gif But yes, the ref was appalling. And worse of all he was one of them that I usually rate in Mr Webb.

• Backroom
Win against Spurs and for the first time since I cant even recall, we could look up the table rather than down the table.

340476[/snapback]

Don't you mean we can look down the table (from our lofty height) rather than looking up it (as in past seasons) wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.