SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Fulham

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From SkySports.com:

From the resultant corner Warner had to produce an acrobatic tip over to prevent Pedersen scoring direct from the set-piece, and Neill's fine run and attempted chip drifted just over.

I don't know who mentioned it, but I'm looking forward to when Pedersen scores direct from a corner as well!

Nice quote from Sky for all you Lucas haters;

"Neill, brilliant throughout, nearly got a goal to cap his display, showing great talent to dance around a couple of half-hearted challenges before smashing the ball of the face of the bar with his weaker right foot".

"Neill, brilliant throughout, nearly got a goal to cap his display, showing great talent to dance around a couple of half-hearted challenges before smashing the ball of the face of the bar with his weaker right foot".

340392[/snapback]

Weaker right foot?!

340392[/snapback]

he must have two right feet wink.gif

Listening to Charlie Nicholas and Hughes on sky sports, sounds like a quality display. Seems to me like, although many may not like it but 4-5-1 seems to suit our players alot more than 4-4-2. Gives us great posession and defensive cover, and by the sounds of it Kuqi had plenty of service and chances. Only worries is Kuqis Lack of finishing, Poor concentration defensively in both games but that may improve with more games. Also where to fit Bellamy in if this is the best formation for us, Needs to play but where?

Good job !! Delighted with the result. smile.gif

Sounds like we are in good attacking shape looking at the numbers on our shots and corners. We need to finish off teams like fulham with much ease if we are gunning for europe places.

Saw our first goal by pedersen and what a gem!! Perfectly executed!! cool.gif

Can't wait to see our second which sounds as good as the first too. wink.gif

First down.. now whos next at ewood? rover.gif

Edited by RoverJoexx

possibly first back after the game.

My view from the Blackburn End.

Strating with the negatives.

Poor crowd of just over 16k, granted it was fulham and they only brought 300. Just what does BRFC have to do to get a decent crowd through the turnstiles ? I was very disappointed with the home turn out on a glorious afternoon of sunshine. mad.gif

Poor fulham team, snotty referee, inconsistent linesmen and a general lack of appreciation for some of the Rovers players efforts.

Onto the ONLY negative about Rovers. Quite clearly, and there is nothing against his efforts, Kuqi is never a Premiership player. He lacks quality, composure and seriously cannot read the type of ball necessary in the Premier League. I know its early days but he should have got onto one of those crosses.

The Rovers display was quite pleasing considering the collapse at wham last week.

The most pleasing aspect of the team was the efforts and non stop running of Lucas and Robbie, even Reid kept the middle somewhat neat and tidy.

Those missing Rovers supporters missed two of the best goals seen at Ewood for many a year. The passing that led to that glorious shot and finish from MGP was simply world class.

The second goal was class from a class player (and yes I have been one of those to maon at Tugay). What a fantastic finish to win the match and secure the points. It was worth my season ticket just to see those two goals alone.

The team.

Brad 8 - nothing much to do and had no chance with the fulham goal.

Neill 10* - yes 10*, simply awesome and deserved a goal.

Matteo 8 - great effort by a much maligned player.

Nelsen 8 - typical effort by the Kiwi, makes the defence much more solid.

Todd 8 - though he was at fault (along with others) for the goal.

Savage 9 - great to see a fit Robbie on the pitch. Quite simply does not give up but please pal keep your gob closed.

Reid 7 - lost a bit of touch in the second half but looks comfortable in midfield.

Tugay 8 - a class performance and goal but went missing early in the second half.

MGP 9 - fantastic finish DO NOT MISS MOTD/Prem First.

Emerton 7 - enigma. Just too much pussying around instead of straightforward passes and runs.

Kuqi 8 - for effort but clearly lacks the quality needed. Hope it goes for him as his effortless running is impressive.

#Tactics were spot on# fulham are a big team who spoil the middle but they retain an out in malbranque and boa morte as Rovers found to their cost last season.

So its a positive start at home. Its 3 points from a game we lost last season and it will certainly improve the team morale before the visit of the high flying spuds on Wednesday.

I cant see any different formation, especially after the news that Bellamy may be out for longer than first thought. Rovers need to address this and please please please, fairy god mother, give MH a stash of cash to bring McCarthy in. With him in the team Rovers can pursue a European place.

Good start and its such a nice feeling coming home from Ewood with a smile on ones face tinykit.gif

Kuqi is never a Premiership player. He lacks quality, composure and seriously cannot read the type of ball necessary in the Premier League.

Who knocked in the pin-point cross for MGP`s goal?? From where i was sat, it looked like the Kuqi Monster to me! huh.gif

....As for Emerton, he was woeful today. He couldn`t skin a milk float! sad.gif

I thought that Kuqi did OK. Lots of good flick ons, but no runners picking up on them. Operates well as the lone striker and held the ball up far better than Dickov ever could. Couple of fresh air shots looked a bit comical, however.

Nice to see Nelsen back. He is awesome in the air and reads the game well.

Neill played well and when he realised that he was allowed to shoot he hit the bar. Don't know what he was doing trying to chip the goalie when he should just have had a good, old fashioned shot on target.

Emerton wasn't an enigma, he was garbage. What exactly is this players strong point? What does he do well?

Two great goals. Tugay (of whom I am not a fan!) scored a screamer!

Fell asleep for their goal. Emerton was pointing at the wide man from the free kick. Yes, pointing, not marking. The cross seemed to catch the defence flat footed and it was 1-1. We looked nervy for a while after that and I'm really pleased with the win and the three points.

:-)

Emerton is not a good player, how many times does he give away possession and the way he somehow manages to not mark his man on any freekick or corner amazes me. When we signed him i thought he was going to be the player who scored against England for Australia but he simply isn't.

Thats my negative out of the way anyway, Pedersen is a genius, Souness should be congratulated for having the insight to sign such an amazing player for us and as for Tugay, that goal has to be shown numerous times on MOTD tonight as well as MGP's goal.

Two goal of the season candidates already from one game, one team, two team-mates and its only the second game of the season.

Lucas Neill, now i will admit that i have been very sceptical about his ability to perform at Premiership level for quite a while, well if he plays like that every week i think i am going to have to lay off him.

Much better performance from last weeks shambolic second half performance. The attendence was very, very worrying, i know that it is only little, boring Fulham but 16k for a Premiership game is quite pathetic. Whoever had that bet with a Wigan fan on this messageboard over who will have the higher average attendence should ahve kept his money in his wallet. I can not see the attendence being much higher on Wednesday night either even though we are playing a fairly good Tottenham Hotspur side.

Back to todays action though, Kuqi tried his heart out but i do feel that he is lacking that clinical edge that is so required at this level, yes he did put in a wonderful cross for MGP, but he missed out on connecting with some good crosses put in by his team-mates today. Bellamy will be a much bigger threat then Kuqi if we were to play 4-5-1 again even though Bellamy might lack the strength thatKuqi obviously has.

This may seem like a fairly negative post but todays performance was great and i hope we can keep it up all season.

Edited by ihatethedingles

I thought Kuqi played well today considering he was up on his own, won plenty of headers against Knight who is absolutly massive. Needs to work on his 1st touch though. He knocked it about 6feet in front of himself most times.

Neil was excellent as most people have said, and so was MGP.

The all round play was good from the team except for Emerton. He didn't bring anything to the team today, he just lost the ball and was reluctent to run at players (makes a change). IMO he has at the very most two games to prove his worth to the team or else he should be dropped then push Reid out on to the right wing.

They are both crackers.

I hope Tugay keeps his shooting boots on the season. He can cream 'em when he wants to. I thought he'd forgotten how to shoot like this!

Pedersen's 'touch' for his volley was fantastic. Very difficult ball to keep down moving at pace, but to whack it in with such aplomb...great stuff!

:-)

Edited by DanLad

Kuqi caused problems for the Fulham defence, but his touch and thought is not premier league.

I still don't understand the MGP goal, how did he do that?

Tugg's goal was a cracker as well.

To those worried about attendance: Yes it was poor, but it's going to take quite a while to improve. Hopefully, more entertaining matches / goals like today should attract more people.

Where are the doom and gloomers? Are we still going down?

340389[/snapback]

Fulham are one of teh poorest teams in teh division, their biggest signing was a fitness coach who has the subs warming up on static bikes during the game.

ph34r.gif

So don't get too excited.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.