SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. My half-time analysis.

Bellamy is on the top of his game at the moment. Plus the boy is pure class. Only he could have scored two goals in this game - none of our other players could manage it.

I think Emerton is having a good game. He's having a real go of it and forced Cech into a very good save. He also played a couple of one-twos that came off, including that good goal attempt.

I am fuming with Todd and hope he does not get a spot when Nelsen comes back. He is a liability and gave away a silly penalty. Saying that, I will probably forgive him by the time the next game comes.

The penalty for us was a bit soft but is technically correct. You cannot put your studs into an opposition player's leg.

The referee has had a relatively good game so far.

Joe cole is giving us trouble with his pace on our right.

Gray is actually playing a good game, both in defence and attack.

I think that Dickov should have been given a go at the start because he can cause real trouble in defence with his abrasive style of play. Kuqi has no cutting edge on him, nor any control, and is being found out against a top team.

We have been the dominant force in the latter half of the first half. We have been keeping possession very well and Chelsea have hardly settled on the ball in that time. They demolished us in the first 20 or so minutes, though.

That is all I can think of right now, rightly or wrongly. I was going to berate good old Hughesy on here for his 4-4-2 tactical choice when we were 2-0 down, but he is manager for a reason, and I am not manager for a reason!

Edited by James No. 7

Cmon rovers make it a hat trick for me...little lads team beat a team 1-3 that battered them 6-0 two weeks ago and i put the ex into place in front of a load of people today as well...happy days.....gonna listen in the bath methinks ...the absters got a date tonight tongue.gif

Cmon rovers make it a hat trick for me...little lads team beat a team 1-3 that battered them 6-0 two weeks ago and i put the ex into place in front of a load of people today as well...happy days.....gonna listen in the bath methinks ...the absters got a date tonight tongue.gif

357073[/snapback]

Remember to take some chocolates, flowers and some biscuits for her guide dog. wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.