BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

Game over with those substitutions. Reid isnt good enough. Dickov couldnt hit a barn door from 2 yards.

This game is a perfect illustration of how it is a squad game these days. Not enough to pit 11 against 11, you have to have 14 quality players and sadly for Rovers we simply dont.

Fair dos to the lads though. We have given the financial bully boys a run for their money.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mokoena for Savage.

Oh well. At least we can play a human team next week.

357118[/snapback]

Oh they're a human team, they've just got a ridiculous squad. Their sub bench is probably worth more than our entire squad.

Having a shocking ref doesn't help - though the media are reporting it like they've run rampant all over us dry.gif

For the first goal wiley made chelski retake a free kick they lost having taken it quickly, then he gave them a corner when it didn't seem to be so!

Penalty wasn't a penalty

third was brad's fault but it's teh same situation as van der sar at old trafford, keeper either watchs for a flick he think is coming or follow the ball on it's path. IMO not 100% brad's fault and the save he has just made has saved us, so you win some you lose some.

No complaints with the forth goal, just unlucky!

Wiley lost his head for the first 20mins and we've paid the price for his lack of ability to make the decisions that count!

In a jose styley we drew 2-2! tongue.gif as teh first 2 shouldn't have counted wink.gif

Good game for bellers!

Reid and Dickov booked. Mokoena was earlier, too.

Pedersen close to getting one back. We're still attacking and positive, which is somewhat encouraging.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to avoid the gloating comments from Mourinho and his team after the game. Though given his love of his own voice I'm not so sure.

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to avoid the gloating comments from Mourinho and his team after the game. Though given his love of his own voice I'm not so sure.

357131[/snapback]

No chance. No doubt John Terry will be shouting his mouth off too. mad.gif

Still, at least we did better that Notlob did, and gave them a bit of a fright........

Why was Hughes sent-off again ? Because up to that point the billion-dollar-princesses were being outplayed ? Disgraceful.

We lost control of the game in the 2nd half, but played pretty well overall. Chelski won the game, because they are Chelski. But was I the only one that wanted to take the reff's cards and shove them up his arse ?

Chelski's complete arrogance annoys me greatly. They're so full of themselves it's unbeliavable. Joe Cole doing tricks with the ball on his way out, as if he's at a training session. Idiots. And I won't even start with Mourinho. It will be a glorious day when someone finally puts him in his place.

Despite the scoreline there's plenty of positives to take from this game. First team to score twice against Chelsea (excluding Charlton's penalties). Bellamy in the goals and playing well. Most of all, fighting spirit from a team going 2 down early on but not giving up. This team has got real passion and a will to win. Give us a level playing field (minus dodgy refs and even dodgier Russian billionaires with limitless budgets) and we're a match for anyone.

And we're still in the top half of the league.

OK. My half-time analysis.

The referee Mike Riley has had a relatively good game so far.

Who am I kidding? This second half he was shocking. He was giving Rovers yellow cards left, right, and centre, and gave Chelsea all the 50-50s, like the commentator said.

I was especially ###### off when Dickov got a card for the smallest of touches in a tackle the deserved no more than a foul, if that. After that, Terry lunges in with a bad tackle on a Blackburn forward (I forget who) and does not receive any sort of booking.

Sparky was absolutely right to be fuming and should not have been sent off anyway (and this was before the above-mentioned incidences, mind you, which shows just how poor Riley was). Can the referee's decisions not be questioned these days?

I've written many letters of complaint about referees over the last couple of years. You just get some sort of stereotyped reply if you are lucky.

What's the point of the fourth official? They just grin inanely and let the referee get on with what they must surely realise are abysmal performances.

MH must be absolutely seething after this afternoon's travesty.

After the way the boys got themselves in the game - I am not so gutted at the result as very few teams have scored two goals against Chelsea, but the awful biased refereeing is really sticking in my gullet.

Where do the blighters train? I feel like mounting a protest to make someone admit that these fools are ruining the game. mad.gif

Edited by roversmum

Who am I kidding? This second half he was shocking. He was giving Rovers yellow cards left, right, and centre, and gave Chelsea all the 50-50s, like the commentator said.

I was especially ###### off when Dickov got a card for the smallest of touches in a tackle the deserved no more than a foul, if that. After that, Terry lunges in with a bad tackle on a Blackburn forward (I forget who) and does not receive any sort of booking.

Sparky was absolutely right to be fuming and should not have been sent off anyway (and this was before the above-mentioned incidences, mind you, which shows just how poor Riley was). Can the referee's decisions not be questioned these days?

357151[/snapback]

It was Dickov for the free kick. He also was tugging at his shirt for Dickov's curling shot that went wide. Like I said, Terry is unbookable apparently

Edited by Exiled_Rover

I thought we played very well.

Tugay held the midfield quite well, and savage ran around like a chook without a head once again.

Defensively we were excellent. Was actually really impressed with Gray. Alot better than that clown Matteo.

btw . Maybe someone can answer this for me....

Why the hell doesn't Emerton take on defenders. He is so bloody frustrating to watch.. Could see on a few occasions tonight bellamy getting the ###### with emerton.

Mourinho has just been on sky, what a ######.  mad.gif

Says they won 6-0, and we were lucky it wasn't more.

357162[/snapback]

I just saw that, Jim. Jeff Stelling & the panel in the studio just laughed at him. Mourinho deserves a good kicking.

On another point, Bellamy seems to be hitting his form & close to match fitness. If only he had someone of similar quality partnering him up front we could be looking at the best Rovers frontline since SAS. Imagine if we had got Cole back. Bellamy & Cole would have been an interesting combination.

Mourinho has just been on sky, what a ######.  mad.gif

Says they won 6-0, and we were lucky it wasn't more.

357162[/snapback]

I'd love to have been fielding the questions:

"Oh Jose, Jose, Jose, get over yourself you tw@t" biggrin.gif

It's not hard to win with £200m+ of football talent in your squad is it thumbs-up.gif

I'd love to have been fielding the questions:

"Oh Jose, Jose, Jose, get over yourself you tw@t" biggrin.gif

It's not hard to win with £200m+ of football talent in your squad is it thumbs-up.gif

357165[/snapback]

Special one my @rse! The backbone of the squad is Ranieri's and the jury is still out on his big money signings. He's a tosser and if he doesn't understand why people are starting to hate him and love it when Chelsea slip up then he's stupid as well. If he was chocolate he'd eat himself...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.