BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

Whats with the bloody 'Big Brother Psychologists' looking at Bellamy's Body language and saying 'ohh I think Bellas is wondering who he is playing with' etc etc. How bloody cares as long as he knocks in the goals like he did for us yesterday then I'm happy with that.

Bellas has definetely brought the finishing touch and class to the team which we lacked last year. Also he breathes confidence into the team (Rovers vs Leeds and Rovers Vs Birmingham for examples).

As far as yesterdays performance well when we went 2-0 down I was fearing the Chelski will beat us with a 6-0 drubbing. But we came back well into it and to bring it back to 2-2 at half time was a great credit to them. Its just that the money talked in the end with Chelski class players. Had it been any other team then I think we could have hold out or even win the game. But then I realised that we are not the best at winning games from behind!!!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a very poor penalty. Not very hard and not in the corner. Some may say that he 'shimmied', saw the keeper go right and then stroked it left but I thought he was just very lucky the keeper went the wrong way.

He's still different class though

Edited by Hasta

Very proud of the lads yesterday. Travelling back I was in great spirits. If we play like that against most sides we will win a hell of a lot of matches. Lampard and Essien (I thought they were outstanding) aside we matched most of their players.

Also, very impressive following considering,a full bottom tier and a decent number upstairs.

For the first time in about 3 years I'm beginning to feel a bit optimistic about Rovers. The main reason for this is that we are actually trying to get forward and win games instead of sticking 9 behind the ball and playing for draws. If we can keep that spirit and attitude going for the rest of the season then we should be able to finish top half and then puch on next year. I reckon a lot depends on Bellamy being fit as well.

For the first time in about 3 years I'm beginning to feel a bit optimistic about Rovers. The main reason for this is that we are actually trying to get forward and win games instead of sticking 9 behind the ball and playing for draws. If we can keep that spirit and attitude going for the rest of the season then we should be able to finish top half and then puch on next year. I reckon a lot depends on Bellamy being fit as well.

357443[/snapback]

that optimisim could be gone if we lose to Charlton, I'll bet.

357444[/snapback]

I disagree. I think there are a large number of reasons to be optimistic at present and I think the fans can see that. The following at Liverpool spoke volumes for that as did the turnout against Leeds. I think the fans recognise that things are improving. I don't think one bad result will change that at present.

357444[/snapback]

Maybe. I think optimism is in order as long as we're realistic. At the start of the season some people on here were talking about Europe while I thought we would struggle to stay up the way we have played over the last couple of years. We do seem to have got better though so I don't think top half is out of the question. We have to keep winning at home though as we are playing all the teams we should beat at the moment.

Even being less dull is a cause for optimism, on saying that though the last game I was at (Brum) was tedious up till half time.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I rather like Mouriniho. I don't think for one minute he takes some of the stuff he comes out with seriously and is doing it purely to wind everyone up! He's built this reputation up in the media and is completely playing up to it because he loves it (and himself!) so much.

When he reads about people sounding off about him I bet he had a good chuckle to himself as a) it's working and cool.gif he's having a good laugh at their expense.

There have been several occasions where he's been extremely complimentry to the opposition, the F.A. cup tie with Shrewsbury (?) being a notable example. I don't think we're in his good books but hey, he's just having fun with us all and lets face it, he's put himself in the position to do so.

As for the game, I'm encouraged with the performance. Riley was a disgrace second half and should be cited by the F.A. Emerton is so bloody frustrating it's untrue. Sadly MGP was quiet.

Dickov shouldn't be playing, Kuqi did ok but is severely limited. I think the only thing we can till January is give Jansen and extended run in the team. Dickov contributes next to nothing these days apart from whingeing and doing wonders for our bad reputation. I'd rather have Jansen do nothing instead of having to watch it but I bet he'd have scored yesterday anyway.

Forget a tugay replacement, that will have to wait. We need a striker in January or we'll struggle whenever Bellamy gets injured.

Edited by deftangel

Don't know if its been mentioned, but I was worried looking the body language of Bellamy through the match and especially after the game.  It seemed to me he's realised that some of his colleagues are journeymen at best.  Hope I'm wrong

357350[/snapback]

A lot of people used to say the same about Cole.

I suspect and hope that their apparent dissatisfaction is actually down to being such a perfectionist rather than being unhappy at the club. Both hate losing and both expect the same high standards from their team mates that they expect from themselves. Hughes and Sir Bobby Robson have said the same in interviews recently.

Bellamy has visibly berated colleagues when a pass hasn't been played exactly where he wants it in the last two games. On the other hand he's scored two and created three so hopefully he'll be reasonably happy with life.

Personally I wish we had another nine moaning minnies like Cole and Bellamy.

smile.gif

Agree, Rev! smile.gif

Also, the one and only SHILITO15 linked to a rovers.co.uk article on page 17, which makes good reading for the worrying ones out there.

For the record, I had the same thoughts aswell, as Bellamy was clearly unhappy with the service he was given at times, but I doubt that "he realised some of his teammates were journeymen at best"..

Gamst Pedersen, Tugay, Savage and Emerton isn't too bad a midfield anyway smile.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

tbh, I always thought that the Chelsea was going to be a right-off, considering the gulf in class of players. But coming back from 2-0 to level at the half, had a bit of optimism about the game, maybe nicking a draw. Obviously the second half put paid to that.

But with us being the first team to put 2 goals past them this season, is no mean effort, even if they put 4 past us sad.gif I still think that we are improving, although considering how we've been playing the last couple of seasons it's not hard to do tongue.gif and if we can keep playing to the same standard as we have the last few games then I don't see why we can't reach and stay in the heady heights of the top 10.

Roll on the weekend and the Charlton game!

Agree, Rev! smile.gif

Also, the one and only SHILITO15 linked to a rovers.co.uk article on page 17, which makes good reading for the worrying ones out there.

For the record, I had the same thoughts aswell, as Bellamy was clearly unhappy with the service he was given at times, but I doubt that "he realised some of his teammates were journeymen at best"..

Gamst Pedersen, Tugay, Savage and Emerton isn't too bad a midfield anyway smile.gif

357557[/snapback]

I seemed to have caused a stir with my question and like I said at the time, perhaps I was reading too much into it. The article you mention is positive and good news so I am happy to admit I was wrong. If you read my posts you will see I am not one to criticise our players often, and I agree that our midfield is good, but I would also suggest that Gray, Matteo, Flitcroft (now), Dickov and Kuqi are journeymen. And before anyone takes me to task on that one, see the dictionary defintion

journeyman : noun {C}

1 OLD-FASHIONED

a skilled worker who is qualified to work at their particular job and who usually works for someone else

2 any worker who produces good, but not excellent work

2-2 at half time i woz well up for the second half, couldn't belive we lost it by 2 goals chelsea didn't deserve!!

well proud of the team though i have to say, thought bellamy was going to get a hat-rick in the second half and we take all the points but.....doh!!

get jansen in to partner bellamy!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.