BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

(RovertheHill @ Oct 29 2005, 16:23 )

Special one my @rse!  The backbone of the squad is Ranieri's and the jury is still out on his big money signings.  He's a tosser and if he doesn't understand why people are starting to hate him and love it when Chelsea slip up then he's stupid as well.  If he was chocolate he'd eat himself...

Sorry, but if you can't see that Jose Mourinho is a good manager then there is little hope for you for you ever passing judgement on anything in an impartial way.

Quite simply, he is the best tactician, man-motivator and most probably the best manager in the Premiership. It helps when you have money but that is no guarentee for success - see Inter Milan.

It's no surprise he's not well liked by opposing fans/managers. It's the plucky losers that the neutrals love and Mourinho is anything but. Sure, he drives you up the wall with his arrogance but he has a lot to be arrogant about - unlike Robbie Savage.

Putting aside club loyalties for a minute; who is better for the game? A supine manager who has made diplomatically vapid media interviews an art form and has succeeded in not succeeding for a very long time. (Think a certain Swede). Or a manager who speaks his mind, even when his mind is malfunctioning and is a proven winner with no respect for stuffy convention and who has put the wind up those Premiership aristocrats, Wenger and Ferguson.

Perhaps you would appreciate Mourinho more if you considered the manager he is not.

Edited by rover6

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif only listened on the radio will watch the whole match later,but i think the main difference between the teams was the bench,chelski's bench would be starter's in all but a few premier teams whilst ours would be lucky to play in the championship.

both goalie's made a howler and each teams scored a penalty,seemed we made a mistake for the 1st,not clearing our lines properly,whilst the 4th was a bad deflection.if lady luck favoured us we may have had a draw,but hardly any team will get a point at stamford bridge.

how we can complian about ref's when 1 gave us a very dodgy pen last week,and the sour grapes about chelski having money,remenber jack started this money ball rolling tinykit.gif

Sorry, but if you can't see that Jose Mourinho is a good manager then there is little hope for you for you ever passing judgement on anything in an impartial way.

Quite simply, he is the best tactician, man-motivator and most probably the best manager in the Premiership. It helps when you have money but that is no guarentee for success - see Inter Milan.

It's no surprise he's not well liked by opposing fans/managers. It's the plucky losers that the neutrals love and Mourinho is anything but. Sure, he drives you up the wall with his arrogance but he has a lot to be arrogant about - unlike Robbie Savage.

357219[/snapback]

I didn't say he wasn't a good manager - his record is clearly excellent. I think what I said was "Special one my @rse". I don't agree with your assessment of him as the best of everything. I think there are a number of managers, some still in the premiership, who could have won what he won with Chelsea, and possibly the Champions league too. And, he is exceptionally arrogant, something that history has shown usually leads to the downfall of individuals.

People keep bringing the money thing up - haven't mentioned it at all as a negative and neither has anyone else as far as I can see. What people have said, if you read properly, is that players that cost 10-15-20+ million should be outstanding. And frankly, anyone who compares what Jack did and was to Abramovich is very sadly mistaken...

Thoughts at fulltime.

Curiously I rather enjoyed that. A few thoughts in no particular order

This was a good performance by Rovers. This is possibly the best team in Europe at home and highly motivated against a club they clearly wanted to sort.

I think Mark H's dismissal was strangely influential. I dont understand why, but sitting high up the Shed watching the game it was as if the team lost their shape and coherence. That and the unfairness of the Cole deflection did for us. We could still have scored, indeed nearly did but those two incidents seemed important.

I think Gray did well. I much prefer him to Matteo.

I'd be happier with Nelson rather than Todd. Their penalty was a penalty, a poor tackle by Todd.

MGP had a poor game. I am surprised he was booked. He seemed off the paste and so kept mistackling, often from behind or the side.

Kuqi won so many headers today against both their centre-backs. Frequently they fell to Bellamy. But he didnt do much more than that.

We missed four good chances in the second half. Four times we ripped open their back line with good, incisive play.

Bellamy looked good. But he needs a classy partner.

They sent on Robben and we introduced Dickov. Oh well.

Emerton drives me mad. Clearly fit, powerful and capable at times, he flatters to deceive. In the last ten minutes, when the match was not over, he wasted several good positions. He either just stopped when given the ball or lost possession. I dont like saying this but I think he should be dropped and off-loaded.

Tugay was solid.

Too often the midfield stood still when in possession. If only they would play give and go, or there was more movement around. We would be much more threatening.

I wasnt impressed with Mokoena. He deserved a booking - shocking tackle. He laid-off several simple passes, usually square. So-so.

The 'Blackburn Cathedral Choir' were in good voice in the Shed.

Mike Riley was shocking. Too many cards, too many whistles. Very disappointing.

All in all an eventful Premiership afternoon.

Finally, I remember last year. For me the low point of the season. This performance shows how much we have progressed. I still think two more good signings, and that progress should see us climbing the league. Living in nearby SW13, at least I will be able to look my Blue-nosed neighbours in the eyes this time.

I expect Sky to show this as game of the day. Im pleased with the effort and performance and agaainst most sides Rovers would surely have got something. Still Charlton next and realistically their away win sequence won't last much longer. Jose being arrogant is hardly as bad as people who call Chelsea boring.

Why is it every time Mike Riley officiates at a game involving Rovers do our players get carded for their first tackle. Untouchables like John (Big bully boy) Terry get away with murder. Neutral commentators ie Sky are saying every decicion is going against us . But he returns to wreak havoc on a regular basis with no action taken against him. Its obvious to everyone apart from the FA that people like him favour the "big" clubs. But they do nothing. They probably favour the big clubs as well. On another point nothing lasts for ever ie Man Utd champs. Some day Chelsea will be saddled with massive wage earners and no benefactor. Im sure we will all have sympathy fot them.

Emerton drives me mad.    Clearly fit, powerful and capable at times, he flatters to deceive.    In the last ten minutes, when the match was not over, he wasted several good positions.  He either just stopped when given the ball or lost possession.    I dont like saying this but I think he should be dropped and off-loaded.   

Tugay was solid. 

357225[/snapback]

Tugay was average, our midfield had almost no role to play in todays game.

Savage who had a first half to forget, then sparked up and had a very good second half. However the less said about Reid the better, has one meaningful part to play and that was setting up joe cole!

As normal i thought emerton had a ok game, didn't set the world alight, but only really bellers did. Strangely he looked more dangerous when MGP wandered over to the right to take his set pieces! Much better than any display of bnetley's so far.

For me bentley on for tugay would have been a more positive and hughes like change.

Can't complain at losing to a team with more money than the rest of the premiership put together and with a bench full of players that would get in almost every premiership team. At least we pushed and worried them and if it hadn't been for reffing on a par with that of mark halsey against liverpool a few weeks back.

Onwards and upwards bring on charlton!

Ideal time to play Chelski, Hughes had the lads well set up and good performances all round apart from MGP who was consistently bad and Bert who was consistently infuriating.

Great fight back but unfortunately 2nd half we were against Mike Riley at his worst. Chelsea were lucky to win/ we were again exposed by lack of quality in key positions.

Just got back!!!

VERY VERY PROUD.

We were fantastic after Chelsea got their second, and the players did so well not to just fold(despite probably us as fans did- just wanted to go home really after 15mins)

No one could believe it when we scored the second- seemed like 10 seconds after it went in before the fans went mental.

Kuqi had a great chance at 3-2, but he would not have needed to if Pedersen hadnt slipped. And Dickov missed a sitter at 4-2 after great build up play.We could have had an amazing final 10mins if that had gone in!!!

Oh and, was sitting in the bottom tier so dont know if we sold out up there, but there must have been over 1,000 Roverities who went as the bottom tier was full.

My ratings:

Friedel 7

Neill 4

Todd 6

Zura 8

Gray 8

Pedersen 7

Savage 8

Tugay 8

Emerton 7 (could have been 9 if he had more confidence because he had the beating of the Chelsea full backs)

Bellamy 8

Kuqi 7

REF-###### awful!!!!! Gave a yellow to Pedersen for being fouled by Cole?!

But was I the only one that wanted to take the reff's cards and shove them up his arse ?

357147[/snapback]

No. I watched the game in the pub and thought Rovers played well. Certainly gave Chelski a scare. But at 4-2 down we had lost the game but continued plugging away.

Then Mr Idiot Riley starts giving a yellow card for every Rovers tackle.

mad.gif Maybe he likes to play snap or whist.

Someone please tell him he's on a football pitch and not at a card table. mad.gif

Greggyk? Why does Neill deserve 4?

Personally, I think Lucas (again) played well, one of few to actually link up a bit in attack - him and Emerton really is a good combination!

Not saying he was spectacular, but would give him 7!

As for the two chances you mention (Kuqi&Dickov) I think both of them was already blown for offside. (MGP on Kuqi's shot, Dickov on the other)

Good game altogether, annoying to see Chelsea get the benefit of the doubt in every single 50/50 clashes. (even ex-Chelsea player Nigel Spackman thought so!)

Oh, forgot to mention: Fair play to Riley, he did not give Micky Gray a yellow for his early tackle on SWP. Lost the plot 2nd half though..

Is it in Lawro's contract not to talk about Rovers on MOTD? I don't think he's said a word in our post match analysis (which is pitiful I might add without Hansen) for at least a fortnight.

Watching the highlights again confirmed how soft Terry really is. Was the fairy even touched for his penalty? The Joe Cole challenge was also borderline red - there was no attempt to get the ball. A very harsh red mind, but I've seen them given.

Did I mention Brad is past it?

Ive got to admit, with his age, some of his game i.e. jumping and being more commanding of his area seem to have slacked.

Still wouldn't swap Brad for the world!

You see that Buffon of a keeper Chelsea have got and his mistake he made laugh.gif

I dont think Rovers can have anything else but Pride after that performance.

yes we got beat, but the manner of it has made the big guns take note of what is happening at Ewood.

Everyone knew Rovers were on a loser, the best team in England having drawn two games were never gonna lose or draw a third on the bounce, especially agaisnt little old BRFC.

Rovers ruffled the blue russkis on their own pitch.

I watched the game on Sky First, Rovers did well.

For me the weakest link was Tugay.

Oh yes, he is a fine passer of the ball but too many passes go astray and his legs cant keep going for 90 minutes.

I cant slate my team.

The only thing I will say that is slmost going to be repeated over and over again

MIKE RILEY IS A FIRST CLASS T*T ohmy.gif

According to Mourinho they scored six goals because they gave us our two goals, that man is deluded!

Everyone around me felt that Tugay was the best player and couldn't understand why he was substituted.

I agree about Mike Riley, sending Hughes to the stand was ridiculous. Anyway why wasn't Riley at the Riverside today? United would never have lost 4-1 if he had been playing.

Not knocking you but I'd give the game a second watch on the TV. I thought the two Rovers fullbacks were our best two players.

Opinions - who'd have 'em.

357283[/snapback]

He lost the ball about 7 or 8 times in the second half trying to break forward on the right. Either by being tackled or by passing ball in dangerous and impossible positions. This created so much pressure on the rest of the team and it was only a matter of time before Chelsea went back ahead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.