BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

According to Mourinho they scored six goals because they gave us our two goals, that man is deluded!

Everyone around me felt that Tugay was the best player and couldn't understand why he was substituted.

I agree about Mike Riley, sending Hughes to the stand was ridiculous. Anyway why wasn't Riley at the Riverside today? United would never have lost 4-1 if he had been playing.

357291[/snapback]

I also failed understand why he was taken off. But that goes to show that Mark Bowen is no manager!!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be fair, I'm sure it was Hughes who made those substitutions, even from the stands?

Tugay looked surprised and disappointed himself, and I was tbh a bit disappointed by the choices made - e.g not playing Bentley when Tugay came off. Alongside Savage or Mokoena, i think Bentley could do a good job.

According to Mourinho they scored six goals because they gave us our two goals, that man is deluded!

Everyone around me felt that Tugay was the best player and couldn't understand why he was substituted.

I agree about Mike Riley, sending Hughes to the stand was ridiculous. Anyway why wasn't Riley at the Riverside today? United would never have lost 4-1 if he had been playing.

357291[/snapback]

Jose might just be a bigger git that Sir Alex! Get that man a bucket. He's going to win the premiership and probably the Cup but let's hope he doesn't win Europe.

Great game Rovers ... beaten but reputation enhanced.

I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on another shocking piece of keeping by Friedel.

I was desperately disappointed yesterday, we do so well to get back to 2-2 and then Brad gives them more or less a free goal by letting a free kick that was practically straight at him go in direct.

The last thing you need when you're playing a side as good as Chelsea. Thereafter I thought the unlucky fourth goal was fairly incidental.

The other thing a team as good as Chelsea don't need is the referee bending over backwards to help them as happened in the second half yesterday. This should be no real surprise to anyone who's seen Mike Riley in action before but this bias towards the top sides has always been the case.

You wonder if it's simply subconscious or whether they're trying to keep the Premier League/Sky happy. You would have thought the League as a whole would be more entertaining with more even handed officiating.

We lost to Riley, simple as. Strangely enough, he started decently, and had what i thought was a good first half. was speaking to my manure supporting friend at half time and told him jokingly that riley was really simply a scum supporter; even he's doing his bit to derail chelsea. Alas, someone from the FA or russian mafia probably had a word in his ear at half time. EVERYTHING went against us in the 2nd half, and it was so bad the commentators clearly were miffed as well, pointing out various incidences where unfair calls were made against us. (eg: essien fouling pedersen with an outstretched elbow, but freekick going to chelski; when peders went shoulder to shoulder with the show boating pony j cole, he was booked)

all in all though, after the first 15min, i was well-prepared for a pasting. but very very pleased with the way we battled back to go in level at half-time. it was a heartening performance, and combined with the last half-dozen of games or so, we have much to look forward to. only niggling question i have is... how long can we keep bellamy happy? we clearly need 1 more quality midfielder and striker each, and i'd say we could even be challenging for 4th spot.

Proud of the fighting spirit.

The commentator said that stats show that Blackburn does the most running between all the Premier League teams, whilst Joe Cole leads the player department in that field.

I thought we deserved a point just for coming back, but they have too many individual quality players and even if they arent at their best they can win.

I thought it was Grays best game for us. I was happy with Zurab once again, he looked class. Todd was worse but was decent enough. Neill played OK too.

In midfield Tugay ran the show, I was disappointed he was subbed out, but maybe he was tired, although he didnt look it. Reid was rubbish when he came on.

Overall, if we take this level of performance and play against other teams, more often than not, we should get something out of the games.

Bring on Charlton.

P.S: Bellamy scoring regurarly can take us places for sure!

looking at our 2nd goal, Kuqi did really well, also I think that if Bellamy hadnt scored there would have been a penalty and the defender sent off - see what he does to Kuqi after the balls left the finn and I think he was last man.

That being said - yeah brad should have got that free kick but it is one of those where the keeper is left in no mans land on what to do.

Tugay shouldnt have gone in for that tackle like that, stupid.

Reids miss pass was actually him attempting to trap the ball, nice.

I feel Tugay had no choice as Chelsea were on a dangerous counter.

Lose lose situation, as if didnt go for it and Chelsea scored, we would be staying why didnt he foul him.

Im happy with the commitment we showed.

Hope we keep it up.

Btw, Bellamy is a real WINNER. At the final whistle he was visibly angry that we had lost. He wants to win every match and he expects nothing less from his team-mates. In the first half, MGP sent him a poor pass and Bellamy was absolutely scathing.

rover.gif watched the game last night and even knowing the score,i thought it was a great game.we more than matched chelski with our passing and possesion the difference in my eyes was the forwards.

until we have a partner for bellars we will struggle against top notch teams,in my earlier post i said both goalers made a mistake and both teams had a penny.both penalty's were soft with chelski's being the softer off the 2.the problem with all our play we did not make many clear cut scoring oppurtunites.

i said earlier the difference was the benches,too true why was bentley left on the bench,i thought his best game in blue and white was at old trafford.the asylum seeker had a fantastic game,will we be able to buy him from rangers as big eck seems to be on his way out,and reading a piece in the daily record zura loves rangers.

the free kick brad let in was terrible,as was the 1st goal when he pulled gray back to the post,but he saves us more point's than he loses us tinykit.gif

Well, he started refereeing in 1983 and progressed through the lower leagues and was appointed to the national list of assistant referees in 1998 and the national list of referees in 2003. In 2002 he was an assistant referee at the Worthington Cup final between Rovers and Spurs.

I'm not aware that he's ever refereed a Premiership game but he was the fourth official at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. He must have been appalled at the bullyboy tactics of Mark Hughes.

When he saw Hughes deliberately attack and kick out at a defenceless bag, he must have had no option than to report the incident to his colleague Micky, 5.5 average yellows per game, Riley. Well it was “morethanmyjobsworth” not to say anything. Incidents of this nature cannot go unpunished and if he doesn’t make a name for himself how is he going to get on the premiership list.

Anyway nice one Trevor, after this incident and the penalty cock up at Norwich it wont be long before you make the premiership listing.

Referee Kettle makes managers blood boil.

Talking about Micky, I must congratulate him on being top of the premiership referees table. Those 5 yellows against Rovers must have boosted his points tally.

Second defeat against a big city club in which I feel we lost to the referee as much as to the opposition.

I can accept beatings from teams that are better on the day (or fluke it- Newcastle, or catch us on an off day- West Ham and Villa) but this just leaves me feeling exasperated and fed up with football.

I think we have first option on Zurab.

If I were Sparky or JW, first thing Id do is to sign him up NOW!

357330[/snapback]

If the agreement is watertight, why splash £1m (or whatever the value is) now when we can wait to the summer and spend whatever limited cash we have elsewhere in team strengthening in January?

Only make the move now if the loan deal purchase option isn't strong enough or if Zura is itchy to go elsewhere- a pre-contract agreement signed with the player in the second half of the season would seem to be the most sensible thing to do.

We missed RN - it showed on Chelsea first and third goals. Riley was a disgrace - we played against 12 - especially for the first 20 mins of 2nd half. It was irritating to see all the ''officials' giving beaming smiles to Moaninho and the Chelski players at the end - they seemed like little boys in awe. Chelski are a very good team and we did very OK.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

It sounds like we did ourselves justive against a very good Chelsea team. I saw the goals on Match Of The Day and there is no doubt that some of them could have been avoided. Our second goal was very lucky. Bellamy is looking like he is getting into the grove of things and this can only be a plus for the team. We have nothing to be ashamed of. Next up is Charlton I think, so another 3 points at home would be most welcome.

Well if I use Mourinho's logic I make it 5-1 to us. Terry not a penalty, bit of hand bags then Terry dives, watch it closely he even bends his knees to give himself a diving motion. Free kick, we gave that to them, Did Brad think it was a corner, why does he offer so much to shoot at all the time. It cost us at Anfield but it's nice to see people are finally catching on to Brad on here. Also a lucky deflection.

I thought we did well, some of Rileys decisions were ludicrous, totally. Pederson get clattered free kick Chelsea, booked for a shoulder charge.

The incident that got Hughes sent off there was little if not contact and I can see why Sparky was ######.

Oh well, after 2-0 down I thought we were on a hiding to nothing, good spirit by the lads and some bloody nice football too. Keep this up and the only way is up.

We simply must get bellamy a partner up front and someone who can get him the ball. Lost but proud.

Edited by USABlue

Mourinho is an utter d******d. I really hated the guy before but now I cannot bare to listen to the drivvle that comes out of his arrogant gob. Yes hes a great manager already, but even arsene "didnt see it" Wenger and Alex "added on time" ferguson arent nearly this annoying. We gave you a good game at your own turf, and made you work bleddy hard for your 3 points, so please respectr that. You cant win with this guy, if you come and defend he accuses you of parking the bus in front of the goal and if you give it a go and score he claims that they had to score for you. Jose mate your sqaud cost over £200 million and you still cant give credit to a team who made you sweat. Utter pillock.

As for bellers it was only a week or so ago that he was interviewed and he said that there was still much more to come from this team yet.

what do ya want him to do??? We lost ffs!!!! Anyone see what a prick Reid looked at the end. Trying to shake all the Chelsea players hands desperate for a shirt swap. Your a Rovers player Reid, so trying to be best buds with Terry,Lampard etc.

357353[/snapback]

Dear me, somebody fell out the wrong side this morning. The point I was trying to make was his body language towards the rest of the team, even during the match. Anyway, like I say, I hope I'm wrong and reading into it too much

Don't know if its been mentioned, but I was worried looking the body language of Bellamy through the match and especially after the game.  It seemed to me he's realised that some of his colleagues are journeymen at best.  Hope I'm wrong

357350[/snapback]

Typical mindless paranoid crap which seems to be some peoples favourite passtime. Bellamys' body language throughout? The only time I noticed Bellamys' body language was throughout his two goal celebratons, during which he looked perfectly happy to me. It's not as if he's scoring these goals by himself is he.

Get a grip.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.