BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

losing to charlton is just a buildup for a greater Rovers win!

everyone would be expecting chelsea to come real hard on us this sat. and i say we shall better be 100% prepare to deal wif those arrogrant ****. would hope to take them 4-4-2 right from the start. pressure them take them by surprise! hopefully we'll get a goal fast. then we may just be able to demoralize thier team, letting them mess up their own game plan. then we change to a 4-5-1, to cancel of the game.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think that if Todd or Sav had done what Terry did to the Charlton keeper they'd have been sent off, and the Andy Townsend wouldn't have been laughing about him "doing a Nat Lofthouse"?

356391[/snapback]

Thought precisely the same..ITV commentator said laughingly .."Suppose that MIGHT be considered 'serious foul play'" HO HO HO!

Collateral for if the result doesn't go his way.  With the talent and finances at their disposal shouldn't make a difference

356513[/snapback]

I'd go along with that. Does seem like they're looking for excuses already, just in case we pull off a decent result against them wink.gif

The best thing we can do on saturday is pack the midfield and keep hold of the ball. In the 1st half i would go 4-5-1.

2nd half i would introduce a fresh Johnson & Bellamy and change to 4-4-2. Their pace should rip them apart if they are tired!

The best thing we can do on saturday is pack the midfield and keep hold of the ball. In the 1st half i would go 4-5-1.

2nd half i would introduce a fresh Johnson & Bellamy and change to 4-4-2. Their pace should rip them apart if they are tired!

356538[/snapback]

Hughesy, lets not forget about Chelsea's depth.. Whoever we substitute with pace, they have pace, expierence and talent! sad.gif ...But I do agree with your sentiment on tactics (i.e 4-5-1 to 4-4-2).

On the score, sticking with my tradition of not predicting match's ( I am a complete Jinx)

After drawing against Everton and being knocked out by Charlton, I think Chelski will be out for revenge this weekend.

Dont forget the game at Ewood Park last season when Mr Mourinho was not happy lad at our tactics and our English style football.

I think it will be tough and I dont think we will win and be lucky to scrape a draw. Lets face it, that is what Hughes will be going for at most is a draw.

It will be either 1-1 (Blackburn having a good game) or 3-0 to Chelski.

Sorry to be pesimistic. I will eat my words if we get a result

I think there is a lot of positiveness to take out of last nights result.

yes CFC are now expected to walk the floor with us.

its pay back time for Ewood massacre match.

its pay back for 2 poor chelsea results.

it simply cannot happen that the special one will have to face the cameras without 3 points and a good hiding for the opposition.

yet, I see a point heading our way at least.

Rovers have to be 0-0 at half time, it doesnt matter how dire the performance.

Enter the man that is Bellamy, hated and loathed at best.

A quick pass and he is away, Chelsea battered and tired back 4 cant keep up with him and he has the nouse to beat cech.

All Rovers have to do is not sit back, get at them from the off and fight the the good fight with all their might. tinykit.gif

Interesting article on the football365 website - The Premiership Start: The Statistics

About Blackburn - "The difference between last season's Blackburn and this season's Blackburn? 22 goals conceded in ten games as opposed to ten goals in ten games. That's the difference between 20th and tenth place. They're still not scoring many (Morten Gamst Pedersen is their top Premiership goalscorer) but the tide has certainly been stemmed.

The problem for Mark Hughes is that when the opposition do score first, that's the end of the road. Three times Blackburn have gone behind and three times they have lost (to Villa, Newcastle and Liverpool). Five times in ten games they have failed to score - it's a tad difficult to win games like that."

The turning point in the Hughes revolution was probably the Chelsea match last season. It was a real low point and although we have had some poor performances since (most recently the Newcastle shocker) we have nonetheless steadily improved in the last year.

However, I can't remember the last time we won a game from being behind. There is a theory that you shouldn't score against Chelsea as it will make them angry, as if they are some footballing Hulk of a team. However, if we concede the first goal...we might as well pack up and go home! Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us getting anything. Their bench will probably hold subs that cost more than our entire squad.

3-1 Chelsea.

Mind you...after saying all that I'll still get my hopes up once the game starts thumbs-up.gif Luckily all Chelski games are live on TV over here!

One bright spark is that Chelsea may be tired, Mourinho seems to be worried too. Or is it just mind games on his part?

Mourinho wary of fatigue ahead of Rovers clash

Edited by FourLaneBlue

To be honest he is right about us conceding. I cant recall the last time we came from behind to win.

Everytime we concede the first, I absolutely lose hope of any win.

Mind you, we have Bellamy now, and there is some scoring potential with him to make something out of nothing, and last season it was just Dickov.

Nonetheless, I would be surprised if we got something from this game. To me it will all depend on how Hughes surprises Chelsea. If he does, that is.

I am a little surprised how Chelsea seem to be a little rattled by what has only been two draws.

They also seem to bear some grudges from last seasons match. Amazing to hear the thug Terry (who should have been sent off for his disgraceful un-necessary challange on the Charlton goal keeper) complaining about opposition rough tactics.

In the unlikely event that we get a decent referee - I can actually see Chelsea having a player sent off. More likely though - that we end up with a "home" referee - we get kicked all over the place - retaliate once and have a player sent off.

I reckon the teams will be: -

CECH

FERREIRA

TERRY

CARVALHO

DEL HORNO

WRIGHT-PHILLIPS

LAMPARD

ESSIEN

ROBBEN

DROGBA

CRESPO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIEDEL

NEILL

ZURAB

TODD

GRAY

EMERTON

SAVAGE

MOKOENA

TUGAY

PEDERSEN

BELLAMY

Zura could be out for tomorrow!!!!!!

Which would mean our back two would be Todd and Mokoena!!!

######!

Just had a thought- maybe Amo will be given a run out blink.gifunsure.gif

And to think, i was actually excited about going to the match tomorrow. laugh.gif

Edited by greggyk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.