Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn R

Guest Vinjay

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-0 Rovers

Bad game, our goal comes from a Pedersen direct corner.

363982[/snapback]

I keep waiting for Pedersen to score direct from a corner. It will almost definitely happen at some point.

Maybe better to save it for United / Chelsea or Arsenal at home - 90'th minute to win 1-0. Can you imagine the press coverage we would get smile.gif

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

That was close!

I am somewhat worried that if Nelsen carries on like this he may be picked up by Arsenal or Liverpool pretty soon  sad.gif

363996[/snapback]

We have three (maybe four) players in that category. Nelsen, Pedersen, Bellamy and, with his current vein of form, Niell all will attract interest from the big clubs.

It is just a fact of life, we need to get on with it and, in Hughes, we have a manager they all like playing for. If our hand is forced into letting them go we should make healthy profits plus we have the comfort of Sparky's record in the transfer market.

Also out of those only Bellamy is utterly irreplaceable (the most talented striker we have had since Shearer? Causes far more problems for the oppositon than Cole or Jansen in their best periods imho), Nelsen is a fantastic defender and all round professional but we would not be completely at sea if Hughes could unearth another player of Zurab's quality to come in. We should do absolutely everything to hold on to him though.

The one person we cannot afford to lose is Hughes himself. Everything at the club is becoming increasingly built around him.

Full side

Friedel, Khizanishvili, Todd ©, Nelsen, Gray, Emerton, Reid, Savage, Pedersen, Bentley, Bellamy.

Subs: Enckelman, Kuqi, Mokoena, Thompson, Matteo.

Very interested to see what Bentley can do. Make or break for him? If he can add a bit of guile that would be smashing.

Not holding my breath though....

Charlton

Kiely, Young ©, Hreidarsson, Kishishev, Bent, Murphy, El Karkouri, Ambrose, Johansson, Powell, Smertin. Subs: Myhre, Thomas, Hughes, Spector, Bothroyd.

Strong side with Murphy and Smertin in the centre. Suprised to see Thomas on the bench, I thought he was one of their best performers although to be fair I havn't caught too many of their games.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Bentley up front is an interesting one

364004[/snapback]

I saw that, and now we can all see how he does in his natural position, I still think he's crap though. Please prove me wrong you sissy... dry.gif

Edited by krislu

Savage, he really needs to learn that giving needless fouls away is not on, not even for a Championship player nevermind a Premiership player. Bently upfront, well i got my doubts about that, but if it works out in the 2nd half well, i'll be very happy.

Charlton are there for the taking the team pulls their socks up in the second half, and as for Bellers, he should have buried that chance he had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.