BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will always remember (I think) his first game back was against Newcastle at Ewood (after his accident) and he came off the bench and with his first touch he was through on goal and Given made a wonderful stop I always think what if that had gone in.

But for Matt it's been a case of what if for too long now.

Remember Matt as he was. He'll do a decent job for somebody somewhere, there just isn't a place for him at Rovers at the moment.

P.S Matt if your reading don't go to Burnley and you will forever be a legend.

Hmm if Matt ever recovers the form of yesteryear, then I think we will all be wondering why he wasnt given the chance here.

371989[/snapback]

With fondess in my heart and a wish for Matty to do well, It's not going to happen. All the coaching, confidence buiding first team appearances will not give Matt back what he has lost. His footballing instincts, the ability to do things without thinking. From what I have seen that is gone. He was great for two seasons and for that I am thankful. Legend? sorry no.

Rumours that he was at North End's match today having passed a medical this morning.

372384[/snapback]

Isn't he still our player until at least tuesday?

I assume he could talk to them anyway as he is in the 6 months til the end of his contract stage.

If he does goto Deepdale at least he can't score against us in the league! rover.gif

I dont mind PNE too much. Love to beat 'em, but from a footballing sense it could be good for Matt.

They play good football, have a good team who are always up there, and no immediate threat to Rovers.

Also could strengthen our bonds with PNE, which could benefit us when a certain Mr.Nugent is ready to move on.

I dont mind PNE too much. Love to beat 'em, but from a footballing sense it could be good for Matt.

They play good football, have a good team who are always up there, and no immediate threat to Rovers.

Also could strengthen our bonds with PNE, which could benefit us when a certain Mr.Nugent is ready to move on.

372854[/snapback]

Strengthen our bonds with PNE? mad.gif

1864, Whittle Blue, Preston Blue, Abbey or anyone else from this neck of the woods - tell him something he obviously doesn't understand!

1864, Whittle Blue, Preston Blue, Abbey or anyone else from this neck of the woods - tell him something he obviously doesn't understand!

372859[/snapback]

If this is about something that escalated 20 plus years ago then I'm not interested.

I only care about what benefits Rovers now. If gaining a good relationship with PNE could possibly give us any kind of advantage when good players such as Nugent are ready to move on then I'm all up for it.

If the reason the hatred is so strong is something which may too make me stop and think twice about PNE, then equally, I am up for hearing it.

Ps. Being bred in Blackpool, I'm familiar with pretty strong hatred for all things Preston, so perhaps my neck of the woods isn't too un-similar to yours in that respect.

bolton ,nob end and scumley are all scrotes ...20 years ????more like 38 years ,i was brought up to hate burnley as much as nobend....nobenders are more up there own arses than burnley fans and still after all their years of crappiness still think of themselves as a top flight team ..bunch tits are there fans and team alike ...make note to abbey ..must print off and show my nobender mate tonight.......

. If gaining a good relationship with PNE 

If the reason the hatred is so strong is something which may too make me stop and think twice about PNE, then equally, I am up for hearing it.

372869[/snapback]

relationship haha tried that i married one and look where that got me .

another reason to hate nobend is they smashed my brothers car to pieces whilst we was in that shed during the kleague cup a few years back.....

pne = pussies need emanomas (spelling ...not arsed hahaha...get it!!)

372859[/snapback]

If this is about something that escalated 20 plus years ago then I'm not interested.

372869[/snapback]

No, it doesn't go back 20 years, it goes back 120 years. It's called rivalry. See the Burnley m/b's to get a taste for it.

quote=shillito15,Jan 9 2006, 16:59 ]

372869[/snapback]

No, it doesn't go back 20 years, it goes back 120 years. It's called rivalry. See the Burnley m/b's to get a taste for it.

372878[/snapback]

Rivalry yes... As I said, I love beating PNE (See earlier post) and see it as a feisty derby.

But hate PNE? No, not really. Don't like them as such, but wouldn't cry myself to sleep if Jansen went there. Burnley would hurt a little, but to be honest, until these teams become a threat to Rovers (ala Bolton, who I despise) I find it hard to build up much hatred for them.

Ps. Being bred in Blackpool, I'm familiar with pretty strong hatred for all things Preston, so perhaps my neck of the woods isn't too un-similar to yours in that respect.

372869[/snapback]

Went to a pub in Clevelys last week where they do a great "as much as you want to eat" buffet for £3.50. Turkey, Beef or Ham [or some of each].

The guy serving started telling us what a **** week he'd had. He'd had to work extra to cover for Christmas and the footy game he had been really looking forward to, had to be postponed. Turned out he was a rovers fan and was going to the Sunderland game. Can't be many rovers fans in Clevelys can there?

Wasn't you, was it? smile.gif

No unfortunately wasn't me!

You'd be suprised, there are a pretty vast amount of Rovers fans around Blackpool and its' surrounding areas, which is why I always used to go on about why the club should do more to advertise itself around these parts.

Seems to have fallen on deaf ears though. Shame, lots of gains to be made!

Ps. Cleveleys is a wierd little sh*thole, though has a wierd charm about it. I live about one mile away from it,... You weren't in the tramway by any chance were you? £3.50 carvary?

Can't be many rovers fans in Clevelys can there?

Wasn't you, was it? smile.gif

372889[/snapback]

theres not MANY people "alive" in gods waiting room aka cleveleys

btw shills the nob enders refer to us the B@STURDS

Edited by ABBEY

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.