Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next time Matt plays at Ewood for whoever we should sing

"Two Matt Jansens, there's only two Matt Jansens"

IE The old, really good one and then the one after he fell of his bike and couldn`t play footy any more.

Thats the two Matt Jansens.

Dya get it?

Might cure him?

Why don't we just send Jansen out on loan until then end of the season? That way he can get 1st team action and we can see if he is still able to play at the same level.

I don't want him to go. Poor guy, I feel so sorry for him.

371686[/snapback]

As my mate says...."He's never been to see me when I've been badly".

He'll have earned more since he bumped his head than most of the supporters are likely to earn in their entire life. Still feel sorry?

Edited by thenodrog

I can't believe how over the top this thread is. Man survives road accident but can't quite fulfill potential but earns millions in the process. Unfortunate, but life goes on.

Mick Heaton (Captain of our '75 promotion team for the young 'uns) had to retire after only 9 playing years through injury, didn't earn a fortune, and died in a road crash at the age of 48

That's a tragedy.

Its sad, but hes had the oppertunities, the second chances, the loan deals, the false new dawns. It realisticly was a gamble on a man who gave the club his all and got struck down by a accident.

He was never going to get a regular place in the team when our forward players are doing so well and we are talking about bringing youngsters through, so get him off the wage bill, sometimes managers have to be ruthless, you could even argue cruel to be kind but there is sadly know point paying him when clearly he isn't in Hughes plans. Maybe Hughes has somthing lined up and needs the wage budget, you never know.

I know that sounds harsh on one of my favourite Rovers of all time but all good things come to an end and for Matty sadly it came to an end when he got on that scooter.

Thanks for the memories Matt

As my mate says...."He's never been to see me when I've been badly".

He'll have earned more since he bumped his head than most of the supporters are likely to earn in their entire life.  Still feel sorry?

371890[/snapback]

Yeah i do! Why cant you feel sorry for him? Because he earned money? Rovers stood by him and all he wanted was to play football again, he is leaving now to do it and thats good for him but not for Rovers as he will come good.

It’s sad for Matt that his career at Ewood virtually finished the day he came off the that bike, but since he’s been on numerous exotic holidays, married his sweetheart. Who’s multi millionaire father bought them their barn conversion in Kerridge, and he looks out on his and his wife’s 5 brand new cars on the drive……don’t feel to sorry for him, (he’s also got into golf, and like’s playing Florida courses)

Bye Matty, carry on enjoying your wonderful life

Yeah i do! Why cant you feel sorry for him? Because he earned money? Rovers stood by him and all he wanted was to play football again, he is leaving now to do it and thats good for him but not for Rovers as he will come good.

371915[/snapback]

Good grief. rolleyes.gif

anyway.......pondering further,

I wonder who has actually been pulling the strings on this sudden urge to quit? Unless I am mistaken this situation has been manipulated from outside.

("Now then I've had a word with our chairman lad. He knows that it's been a struggle for you since summer having to manage on just a few thousand quid each week. So if you can get yourself a free transfer from't Rovers, and are willing to make your own insurance arrangements and come on an appearence based arrangement we'll take a chance on you and pay you what you are asking for.)

No doubt we'll find out soon when he declares where he has decided to go over the past few months.

Still think, that when Hughes bought in Bellamy & Kuqi this season, he knew that must've been it, times up. Although he was supposed to have had an impressive pre-season (or so I read) albeit up until the tackle by the keeper in the last friendly at Ewood (forget who it was against, Espanyol?), so he could've made a comeback this season.

But best thing now for both parties is for him to have a new start at a different club. Rebuild his confidence, give him regular starts, although he'll never be the player he was, although would be liked to be proven otherwise (not against us of course).

Hello everyone as you can guess i'm new to the site but although i support blackburn i live in carlilsle thats right cumbria born and breed but rovers are my heart my friends say i'm weird but hey who cares really.

Anyway i'm sure yuo've all heard the rumours about matty going to the reebok...........

Well it turns out through a very good source pen will have been put to paper before the week is over.

A one year contract and a bit of a pay cut is what he's apperantly accepted.

I think it's a shame the guy has took a pay cut he's probably a better striker than most of big Sams side but i suppose whatever it takes for premiership football.

Good luck is what i say Matt

Rovers til i die

Dave. rover.gif

Hello everyone as you can guess i'm new to the site but although i support blackburn i live in carlilsle thats right cumbria born and breed but rovers are my heart my friends say i'm weird but hey who cares really.

Anyway i'm sure yuo've all heard the rumours about matty going to the reebok...........

Well it turns out through a very good source pen will have been put to paper before the week is over.

A one year contract and a bit of a pay cut is what he's apperantly accepted.

I think it's a shame the guy has took a pay cut he's probably a better striker than most of big Sams side but i suppose whatever it takes for premiership football.

Good luck is what i say Matt

Rovers til i die

Dave.  rover.gif

371988[/snapback]

You weren't on the back of the afore mentioned moped were you?

You weren't on the back of the afore mentioned moped were you?

371992[/snapback]

No but if had of been he would have worn a helmet i was hoping to see him this new year we often bump into eachother when he goes home but never saw him still time though rover.gif

So the big question will be will hughesy bring in a replacement for jansen.

Not nessarilly a forward but a good utillity player

Reid has turned into a real purchase this past season i was never keen on him but he changed my mind i think he has a passion for rovers

I susdpect the reason for the gap befoere the announcement is one of two things.....

1) because thats when his contract ends.

2) because hes talking to Burnley, Bolton or PNE and the club don't want the fans to know till the deal is final.....

I susdpect the reason for the gap befoere the announcement is one of two things.....

1) because thats when his contract ends.

2) because hes talking to Burnley, Bolton or PNE and the club don't want the fans to know till the deal is final.....

372025[/snapback]

or 3) It's down to the Board on Tuesday, as was said they seem to have to approve his release!

Whereas Matt wants clubs to give him offers asap so is getting himself around.

I don't see why we couldn't make a small fee out of selling him, rather than a letting him go. rover.gif

but surely Matt is only on a very short term contract? Wasnt it week to week, month to month or something like that - maybe even 6 months - maybe it ends on tuesday, but he wanted to let other clubs get interested at the start of the transfer window, ensuring interested clubs didnt get another player in in the first few days?

Thus we wouldnt get any money for him anyway.

but surely Matt is only on a very short term contract? Wasnt it week to week, month to month or something like that - maybe even 6 months - maybe it ends on tuesday, but he wanted to let other clubs get interested at the start of the transfer window, ensuring interested clubs didnt get another player in in the first few days?

372041[/snapback]

From what has been said, i thought it was a year long deal with a wage significantly boosted by appearance fee's, however recently a high wage has been mentioned. But who knows?

The end is nigh anyway! unsure.gif

Edited by modes98

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.