BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read Matt's letter, what a class act. I hope he can continue to forge some form of career. One of the saddest days in my football supporting life when I came to the realization the Matty we knew and loved was, in fact, lost forever. What a crying shame, he was superb. Effin Sven. Good luck Matty.

Effin Sven. 

374130[/snapback]

Even a dedicated 'Sven Out' campaigner like myself cannot see any reason to blame him.

Just imagine though in a parrallel universe if he had picked Matt it could have been Martin Keogh nutting that Roman taxi instead .....

..... and nobody would have ever noticed!

Read the open letter from Matt.

Really great to see such a relationship between a player, a club and its fans.

Makes you proud to be a Rover!

374128[/snapback]

Seconded. Makes a refreshing change, hope he gets his career back on track (except against us, of course biggrin.gif )

Off the Trotters' official site.

BOLTON WANDERERS Football Club have beaten off stiff competition from other Premiership Clubs to sign striker Matt Jansen until the end of the season.

Jansen, 28, who was released by Blackburn Rovers earlier this week is Sam Allardyce's second signing of the transfer window.

Commenting on the capture of Jansen, Allardyce said:

"Matt has great potential, even though he hasn't been involved with Blackburn of late and I do believe he has the right qualities to resurrect his career here at the Reebok.

I am looking forward to working with him between now and the end of the season and I hope he can recapture the form that made him one of England's best strikers a couple of seasons ago."

Jansen made 182 appearances for Blackburn Rovers over a seven year period and scored 57 goals in all competitions.

Jansen is available to face his former team at Ewood Park tomorrow and will wear the squad number 17.

"I am looking forward to working with him between now and the end of the season and I hope he can recapture the form that made him one of England's best strikers a couple of seasons ago."

smile.gif Haha try 4!

Gone down a little bit in my book by signing for one of our immediate and local rivals. Good luck to him though I suppose - If anyone can turn him round it's got to be Big Sam. Not sure how he will fit in with their 4-5-1 formation - on the left?! Not his best position though and he'd be crap up front on his own.

Well, he did want to stay in the Lancashire area, can't really say I blame him for signing for Bolton.

Allardyce has done well with players out-of-favour in the past, and it's a top ten Premier League club. I feel pretty certain it was the best offer he could get.

Here's to Matty having a good game tomorrow, and to Blackburn trashing Bolton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.