SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  quite probably

For me it was enough to say thanks to Matt. The whole thing is a great shame, I hope he does well at Bolton but I can't see it happening. There is no way Sparky would let a player of his potential talent leave if he thought there was any chance of him returning.

374687[/snapback]

Whilst I hope that Matt makes it, I have to agree with Paul.

If Jansen cant get into the team ahead of Little and Lard at Rovers then things dont look to good.

Sad to see him go and to see him go to Bolton. But I feel he will be released by Bolton at the end of the season. To be honest he would be better off going to a Championship club and starting again from there. He would have more opportunity to get into the starting 11 and give him chance to score some goals again.

C'mon Welshrover.......Jansen and his agents decision is nothing to do with where he would be 'better' it's where he will earn most in the short term. I guess his agent has finally being pulled off Jansens nipple by Rovers summer offer and is simply cashing in on his clients former glories whilst he still can. Hence the dishonesty and dishonourable treatment of BRFC.

Edited by thenodrog

The tragi-hero status everyone feels for Matty is absolutely right. The lad was goingt to be a Rovers great and that was robbed from him and us and from England by a moronic Roman taxi driver.

374659[/snapback]

Wrong . It was his own conscious decision to disregard his contract and get on the bike . Let's have no scapegoats.

The tragi-hero status everyone feels for Matty is absolutely right. The lad was goingt to be a Rovers great and that was robbed from him and us and from England by a moronic Roman taxi driver. The only part of the story everyone agrees with re the accident is that he was hit by the taxi driver, not the other way round. To that extent, whether you are a pedestrian, a biker or in another vehicle, you are at risk from those psychopaths in Rome.

374659[/snapback]

I've not heard before of this angle that the taxi driver wwas to blame? "Moronic" and "psychopaths"...wasn't it just an accident?

According to an ex-Rovers player, riding MOTORBIKES is specifically banned within their contract. Pushbikes are not.

And I noticed that Matty didn't realise he had to wait for the other player to come off before he came on as well. Effect of the crash.

And as for why Bolton? Simple- it's the last big payday he'll get. Let's face it, if you were a washed-up footballer who was pretty sure you couldn't perform at a high level yet someone came and gave you a lucrative (Albeit short-term) contract, you'd take it and worry about the consequences later. What he's done is good busiess for him- it's terrible business for Sam, but I guess he doesn't realise that yet.

Again, how could he have been in breach of contract when they were riding bikes in a pre season friendly when Tugay got knocked off his? And Souness said he ALLOWED his team to ride bikes.

374824[/snapback]

Since when has a bicycle been the same as a motorbike?

thenodrog was right...take away Matt's good looks and there is no way we would have ever had such a long thread.

Since when has a bicycle been the same as a motorbike?

thenodrog was right...take away Matt's good looks and there is no way we would have ever had such a long thread.

374959[/snapback]

I agree, there is a bit of that to all this, isn't there.

According to an ex-Rovers player, riding MOTORBIKES is specifically banned within their contract.  Pushbikes are not.

374837[/snapback]

Really - how fascinating!!

That's surely not the ex-Rover who made his name by being almost - if not the - first pro to wear an electronic tag whilst playing is it? After his own wrongdoings which by definition threatened the lives and careers of anyone else who happened to be on the same public highway??

The one you used to go and watch for Ipswich Reserves and Cardiff, when you got bored of Rovers and Celtic?

Tut tut Janice, I hope not. It would be awful to think you were quoting the words of a criminal to back up a dig at someone you don't like. After all, you only stopped referring to Matt Jansen as the "useless ballerina" after he got us promoted!!

So, it must be another ex Rover you got close to. Good point - well made.

Edited by Tris

Sorry Tris

I spoke to THREE ex-Rovers players. They all had the same basic contract and all said the same thing.

And as for my staying friendly with Crofty- why on earth shouldn't I???

Edited by Jan

Sorry Tris

I spoke to THREE ex-Rovers players.  They all had the same basic contract and all said the same thing. 

And as for my staying friendly with Crofty- why on earth shouldn't I???

374988[/snapback]

Sorry Jan - my bad. You keep mentioning it in this thread, and it's always in the singular (as just above).

Fair play - isn't it just so nice how all these well paid professional footballers can't wait to talk to fans about the finer details of their contracts??!

How's Croft getting on at Grimsby anyway?

He's just about recovered from the knee injury that kept him out of all of last season and some of this, and his back still plays him up a bit, but basically he's fine.

He's doing quite well there- something of prodigal son. (although on the bench this weekend)

And as for the finer points, I simply stated to each of them at the time "but surely it would be against Matt's contract to have ridden a motorbike" And each of them said "well it was prohibited in mine, so it would have been in his".(or a slight variation). However then two of them went on to tell me of the other things their contract didn't allow (ie skiing) and the sneaky weekends they'd managed while playing!!)

Edited by Jan

Enough with the bitterness.

Give Matt a break.

If he makes it at Bolton, then good for him and we should be happy for him and if he doesnt, he would have confirmed what we have presumed for a long time...

He is a nice guy and always did his best for us, what more did we want?

End of story...Lets move on.

To all the cynical, shallow people on this board who think the only reasons im defending Matt so much because of his looks says a lot about the people that you are.

Matt Jansen is quite simple one of us. A Rovers fan, whos heart was at this club when he was here, there are v few players you could say that about, in the past I can only think of probably Hendy and Garner who had the same impact, who cared about Rovers. The fact that Jansen was away from football yet made his own journey to sit in the stands at Cardiff last season, and mingle with the fans before the game when he could have just stayed at home says a lot about the person he was. Thats the real loss to this club. A true Rover. Becasue in the team we have now, when the shirt comes off at the end of the game the heart goes because they relly don't care about this club in a way that Jansen did. Even Flitcroft who was in his tenth year didn't say or write a goodbye.

Even Flitcroft who was in his tenth year didn't say or write a goodbye.

375719[/snapback]

Yes he did, I'm sure it was in the programme.........

"thanx to al mie favorit fanz for suppp......suportin......suprort........chearing me wen I av plaid futbal fort rovers. Iwill mis yu lot and a lots. luv gari flitty"

Anyway let me ask you a question mrsj...

Lets suppose Ole Gunnar Solskaer wanted to leave OT last week in order to resurrect his career after his recent serious career threatening injury and had asked the MU management to please release him from his contact, and the board had agreed in principle.

Do you think the old RFW would have been as naive as we were to allow him the chance to turn out for their biggest rivals at City just 2 days after?

Would he hell!

I'm ashamed to say that we handled the whole thing like naive amateurs. Yet another player and his agent outwitting our board. How many times are we going to alllow these embarrassments to continue?

Oh btw if I rem the blurb when we signed him correctly Matty supports Carlisle first and Newcastle second.

If he was a Rovers fan like you claim he would not have signed for our bitter rivals Bolton.

375720[/snapback]

Bitter rivals I wouldn't say so !! only Burnley could be classed as bitter rivals. Bolton are much like Preston just local rivals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.