Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4753315.stm

Indeed. Shame of course for MJ himself and also for us who lost yet another 4m player that the insurance companies will have surely ducked out of long ago. Mind you no blame can be apportioned to them this time.

BRFC's role in all this has of course been exemplary to the point of being foolhardy. MJ owes us a huge debt of gratitude.

Maybe a bouyant and upwardly mobile Carlisle will give him one last try out of nostalgia.

Edited by thenodrog

very sad news that Jansen has been released. It's such a shame how low his career has gone since he had his motorbike accident, before the accident he was one of the best strikers in the premership and was knocking on the england door.

I am sure all Blackburn fans wish him all the best for the future

good luck matty

Edited by gazsimm

before the accident he was one of the best stickers in the premership

406357[/snapback]

Absolutely right - if i remember correctly in the 2001-02 season Merlin Premier League collection he was our "star-man" and the only Rovers player who was available in shiny!

He's fallen so far....

Absolutely right - if i remember correctly in the 2001-02 season Merlin Premier League collection he was our "star-man" and the only Rovers player who was available in shiny!

He's fallen so far....

406365[/snapback]

not just off his moped

He's fallen so far....

406365[/snapback]

whoops lol better edit that one lol

Very quized over Jansen. The few games he played for Rover under Hughes he played ok! (I think correct me if I am wrong). Plus the reports/ratings from his Botlon games always showed he play well. Even when we sent him to Coventry he go on well.

What is wrong with him?

Does he wrong into the wrong space now?

Does he not Run?

Has he lost some Pace?

Can he not shoot?

Can he not Pass?

Is he incapable of make a tackle?

What is wrong with Jansen?

Maybe Man city will sign him now, as they nearly sign him in January. They can have Dickvo too and have Jansen, Cole and Dickvo up front.

What is wrong with him?

Does he wrong into the wrong space now?

Does he not Run?

Has he lost some Pace?

Can he not shoot?

Can he not Pass?

Is he incapable of make a tackle?

What is wrong with Jansen?

406449[/snapback]

1) I'd say his movement off the ball is not as good as it was.

2) There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he's lost some pace.

3) I'm not sure whether his passing's got worse but, post accident, the ball being played to Jansen often led to the opposition coming away with the ball.

I think he should join Michael Bridges at his hometown Carlisle. Both players have had similar problems since injury.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to today's Daily Mirror, MO JOHNSTON AXED

MO JOHNSTON, the former Scotland striker, has been sacked as interim manager of Major League Soccer side Red Bull New York.

The man who controversially crossed the sectarian divide between Celtic and Rangers as a player only managed two wins from his 12 games this season and will be replaced by assistant Richie Williams until a permanent replacement is found.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Surely this will put a dent into Matt's chance of signing on at NYRB's now.

Anyword with what he has been up to club wise over the last week or so?

i expect he's nightclubbing and little else. ;)

I realise you're only kidding Pleasure, but now getting serious. I really don't think Matt would be so silly as to do anything like that when he is desperately trying to resurect his carreer. I hope the lad gets settled with a good club and finds some decent form on a regular basis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.