BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

Well, two world cup's have gone by, just. I was merely pointing out that putting it that way makes it sound like a lot more than 4 years has passed by.

I don't get why some find it so hard to understand why someone would be relectuant to give up on what they love, I know that I wouldn't. He obviously still has some of his talent, his few goals he has scored since his injury prove that, the problem is that he probably needs to drop down a few levels in order to be able to get regular games and really be effective.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of people are interested in keeping tabs on a player who was a favourite of many.

Matty just made you smile and feel good. He represented good things in our game and we loved him for it. I hope he can get a game somewhere.

Matty just made you smile and feel good. He represented good things in our game and we loved him for it. I hope he can get a game somewhere.

He is a lovely bloke. Wasn't overly impressed with him as a player until quite late on, but it was a tragedy he was struck down when he was. However it's sad to see him trying to hawk himself around the world. He hasn't been good enough for any type of senior football since he was injured. He should just go and find something else to do.

I was watching SSN about a week ago and they did a quick interview with 'Arry at training, I could have sworn I saw Matt Jansen in the background training with them.

Anyway, as always good luck to the lad If only Beckha.... errr sorry Sven had decided to take him to Japan/Korea. What was clear at the time of the World Cup watching England is I really really felt that Jansen could have done something good for England. Oh well all the best to Matt he's a genuinely nice lad

or his two against burnley, you could tell he enojyed them 2 goals

Rember the game at the end of the season? Think it was fulham actually he came out on the end of season walk & was bangin the drum with the rest of the BBE, quality :rover:

How glad I am that you mention the drum incident with Jansen,a young player who was so genuinely full of excitement,a young lad who was so enjoying himself to the full that day that he wanted to join the fans in their celebrations.

Who in the current squad could you see doing that? :unsure:

How glad I am that you mention the drum incident with Jansen,a young player who was so genuinely full of excitement,a young lad who was so enjoying himself to the full that day that he wanted to join the fans in their celebrations.

Who in the current squad could you see doing that? :unsure:

savage :P

Terry Venables is a good manager...

No he isn't he is sh_t and lucky to have media friends. Euro '96 was mixed to say the least, as despite being at home only 2 of the 5 matches were won in 90 minutes, and that the team bottled it on penalties. Prior to that, he wasted Shearer in his stupid Christmas Tree formation, and was one of many over rated managers for Spurs.

After Euro '96 he nearly made Portsmouth go bust, turned Boro into a tedious team that could manage 0-0 at best and then retired for a bit knowing all his chums in the tabloids would peddle the crap that he was the best English manager for ages, and that he should have been manager instead of Sven.

Really? Whats he done since 1996 to warrant this "good" tag?

He hasn't been in a job that's worth judging him in since 1996; less than a year in the positions and at clubs that were either unstable or on the slide anyway.

Many ex England/Barcelona/Tottenham players have said that he is the best manager they have worked under. They mention his man-management skills and outstanding tactical knowledge as the thing which makes him stand out from the others.

Billy...I'm fairly sure he's regarded as being responsible for keeping Boro up the season he joined. Ok, he did it by making them defensive and scraping results. So what? Did you criticise Hughes in his first season here?

Edited by LeChuck

OK, I grant you that season at Boro. But did improve under him the next season? I have a vague memory of them being crap the following season. Wasn't he at Leeds as well,and played a part in their meltdown. Mind you, I think Jesus Christ himself would have difficulty.

But yeah, using the best English centre forward in history as a wall to kick the ball at was a great tactical masterstroke wasn't it? No doubt his outstanding tactical knowledge has let him win countless trophies. And if he is such a tactiacl genius, how come England have been playing the same as they did under that 'useless Swede' Sven?

Ferguson is 50 times the manager the Cockney Crook is, and he has the trophies to prove it. Venables has dined off an overhyped reputation because of his easy manner and cheery smile.

Sorry Terry but......................Jansen happy without a contract. Although he is currently training with Bolton he has no intention of pushing himself into contention for a new deal. His father-in-law and representative Barry Corner said, " There have been lots of inquiries but he does not want a contract right now. He is keeping his options open-and Bolton are one of the options. Matt has tried and tried over the course of the last three or four years and I think there has maybe been more expected from him than he has been able to give in the circumstances. He is deliberately staying out of a contract-so he can get progress at his own pace." ( LT ).

And if he is such a tactiacl genius, how come England have been playing the same as they did under that 'useless Swede' Sven?

Ferguson is 50 times the manager the Cockney Crook is, and he has the trophies to prove it. Venables has dined off an overhyped reputation because of his easy manner and cheery smile.

The first part above has worried me a bit - no point in him being there if he can't influence McClaren in any way . England are as predictable and as slow moving as ever .

You're right about Ferguson as well , I'm afraid . His teams are all fast moving and give each other numerous options in possession . More years of hurt on the way :(

OK, I grant you that season at Boro. But did improve under him the next season? I have a vague memory of them being crap the following season.

You mean that season when new England manager Steve McClaren was newly installed manager at Boro? Yeah...they were pretty crap then!

I'd expect that palace john is in the minority of Palace fans who think he is (was more like) a good manager...in fact I think Mark Goldberg still wakes up screaming when he dreams about Tel moving toward his wallet!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as I'm aware, I think that Matty is training with Bolton, but has not been issued with a Senior Squad number.

Surely it shouldn't be that hard to get a club for a player of his calibre. Certainly at the worst he would be a top Division 1 player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.