BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

Oh no, it's written in the stars what will happen tomorrow now isn't it. As I said before I think Bolton is a good move for the lad, Sam has the knack of resurrecting carreers that's for sure. Good luck to him, just not tomorrow though.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uuurgh. That didn't makes for pleasant reading. The chance to stay in the Premiership, not move house and for his new club to be (just) above us in the league must've seemed too good to be true.

374223[/snapback]

Im not too bothered that he's gone to Bolton, i think that pne and burnley are more of our local rivals anyway. Its also good that hes gone to a manager like big Sam who is good at getting the best outa players in his situation. If he can resurect his career at notlob, you wont see me complainging that we shuda kept him, as i can only wish good luck to the guy.

Thanks for the memories Matt!! rover.gif

My faith is with the rovers management team they know what kind of player he is now. If he was 1/2 the Jansen of old he would still be playing and keeping the lumbering Kugi out of the side !!!

My gut feel is while he may shine in the odd infrequent game it is not enough to warrant a squad inclusion week in week out. What did he exactly do in his loan spells nothing I recall.

Unfortunately the accident finished a young mans promising career. Damn you tord grip / keown.

I hope I am not eating my words come 7pm tomorrow night !!

Nobody can surely knock the guy for giving it a try at Bolton he was never going to be selected by Hughes. If he trots out tomorrow I hope he receives the correct welcome by us rovers fans. I will be clapping him all be it in front of my tv screen 4,000 miles away

Borgetti will leave this month probably, but their formation won't help him much. He's in need of good service and, up until now anyway, a striking partner to take some workload off him. But at least their to wingers can give him some opportunities, especially Stelios is a good player imo. Allardyce seems to like Vaz Te though, and Davies will always be his 1st choice..

I know this meant sound daft, however why is he good enough for Bolton, but not good enough as third striker for us

374301[/snapback]

Cause Bolton can only afford free transfers and where better than Bolton laugh.gif

Except for Shearer I cant think of any ex-Rovers players who have done exceptionally well when they've come back to Ewood to play against us in the last season or two. If anything its been the opposite. I recall Dunn scoring against us at the Blackburn End for the "Big Club" (I think Savage scored in that game too, which as we know is the last time he scored at Ewood) but the rest of his performance that day was average.

The point being, I'm not unduly worried by Jansen's return. And we do seem to have sold players on when they've passed their usefulness to us.

Except for Shearer I cant think of any ex-Rovers players who have done exceptionally well when they've come back to Ewood to play against us in the last season or two. If anything its been the opposite. I recall Dunn scoring against us at the Blackburn End for the "Big Club" (I think Savage scored in that game too, which as we know is the last time he scored at Ewood) but the rest of his performance that day was average.

The point being, I'm not unduly worried by Jansen's return. And we do seem to have sold players on when they've passed their usefulness to us.

374308[/snapback]

What about Beattie, Duff & Given

What a put up job! This has obviously been planned by Sam and his back room boys for months! All that syrupy sentimentality spewed forth by the ex player and supporters alike and all the time this was being planned.

Even Pearce was used as a 'patsy' in the scam. I bet he's well pisssed.

I said when this was first broached that we should only let him go free to lower league teams. I've also said before that we should have stopped paying his bloody wages years ago, and this has proved my judgement right. There is an old adage that 'the first loss is the least loss'........ lets just hope that the management treat this as a lesson learned.

Paid his wages and treatment for nigh on 4 years and he takes part in a transparent, scheming back handed scam to deny us the chance to claw back a fraction of what he's cost us in wasted transfer fees and wages! No wonder supporters from all over the Prem are leaving in droves is it?

As they say in showbiz.......Break a leg Matty!

Edited by thenodrog

What a put up job!  This has obviously been planned by Sam and his back room boys for months!  All that syrupy sentimentality spewed forth by the ex player and supporters alike and all the time this was being planned.

Even Pearce was used as a 'patsy' in the scam.  I bet he's well pisssed.

I said when this was first broached that we should only let him go free to lower league teams. I've also said before that we should have stopped paying his bloody wages years ago, and this has proved my judgement right.  There is an old adage that 'the first loss is the least loss'........ lets just hope that the management treat this as a lesson learned.   

No wonder supporters from all over the Prem are leaving in droves is it?

374313[/snapback]

Surely he aint match fit yet to play in such a big game thumbs-up.gifrover.gifwithstupid.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.