BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio Lancashire announced that there would be no formal announcement on Matt Jansen until after a board meeting next Tuesday. Sounds a bit like the whole Parkes thing, like I said before he'll probably be at another club at the weekend then Rovewrs will announce it.

Why don't we just send Jansen out on loan until then end of the season? That way he can get 1st team action and we can see if he is still able to play at the same level.

I don't want him to go. Poor guy, I feel so sorry for him.

Basically they agreed yesterday to terminate his contract, however it will be made formal next tuesday.

371645[/snapback]

mad.gif This thing never ends. Even a clean break is going to take half a week, FFS. Enough time for more overly sentimental gush.

Anyway good luck Jansen. Have a good life, because I have the sad feeling that you will need a new career soon. At least you have a life.

Why don't we just send Jansen out on loan until then end of the season? That way he can get 1st team action and we can see if he is still able to play at the same level.

371686[/snapback]

We've been down that road before, whats the poitn in doing it again and dragging it out over even a longer period. It'd of been alot easier if Jansen had stayed quiet and the club had made the press work on it, but i guess matt wants to get interest in him! ph34r.gif

sad.gif

Gutted. Although I understand he needs to do it, absolutley gutted. The bit where he says he loves the club and the fans and its been his home for 7 years.

Good luck Matty.

You will always be a rovers legend.

370446[/snapback]

He still could have it given a run in the side. I dont think Mark Hughes has given him the opportunuity. If you look at the quality of our squad we should not ignore a chance of getting Jansen back to anywhere near his best.

The End of An Era...I know you could have said that a couple of years ago when he had his accident, but there has always been hope in the back of my mind that he would come good again.

I remember when he scored two in the FA cup away at villa in one of his first games back thinknig to myself....he's on his way back.

Then the goal he scored against Liverpool was reminissant of the good old days.

You'll alwats be a leg-end......as far as you don't play for burn*ey

user posted image

We've been down that road before, whats the poitn in doing it again and dragging it out over even a longer period. It'd of been alot easier if Jansen had stayed quiet and the club had made the press work on it, but i guess matt wants to get interest in him!  ph34r.gif

371709[/snapback]

Yeah i suppose. Its going to be sad to see him go. I would of loved Jansen and Bellamy up front!. But i think Hughes knows what he is doing and so i trust his judgement.

Also as much as i love Jansen it does not make sense to have him sat in the crowd doing nothing. Furthermore it would be nice to see some new legends at ewood from the academy...

I think Hughes is building a strong team and has started from the bottom up... rather than any quick fixes.

rover.gif

I feel sorry that Matt has left the club he was a great player that always gived 100 % and he had a great touch and for somone who wasn't that tall he could beat alot of big centre back in the air and who could forget that night at Deepdale and that day at Cardiff.

Good luck Matt I for one would welcome you back at Ewood whatever team you played for. Even the Dingles rover.gif

I honestly believe Jansen was on the verge of being a truely great player and it's a tragedy that his career was curtailed in the way it was. But, what's done is done, and letting him go is the sensible thing to do.

So, the bigger concern now is that we only have 3 front-line forwards at the club, unless Hughes thinks one of JJ, Gallagher (assuming he can be recalled), or Derbyshire can make the step up. If not then we really need to buy someone in January.

I honestly believe Jansen was on the verge of being a truely great player and it's a tragedy that his career was curtailed in the way it was.  But, what's done is done, and letting him go is the sensible thing to do.

So, the bigger concern now is that we only have 3 front-line forwards at the club, unless Hughes thinks one of JJ, Gallagher (assuming he can be recalled), or Derbyshire can make the step up.  If not then we really need to buy someone in January.

371811[/snapback]

Exactly why he should have been given first team action because if with match fitness he had got anywhere near his old form he would have been the perfect partner for Bellamy.

Exactly why he should have been given first team action because if with match fitness he had got anywhere near his old form he would have been the perfect partner for Bellamy.

371818[/snapback]

Its boring now.

Hes gone. His career as it was is over and he is no where near the player he was. best part of 4 years now. Sentimentality has cost the clubs millions. Enough is enough.

Dear goodness. It was obvious from his many attempts at playing football over the past 3 years that he would never get back to anything like the player he was.

No amount of time, or chances would have made any difference. His career as a top class footballer is over, and it's very sad. You could have played him in every single game for the past two years and the only outcome would have been relegation as we'd have effectively been playing with 10 players for each of those games.

Lots of people still believe in him- it's akin to believing in fairies. I'd love for him to prove me wrong, but I don't think he will.

Seeya Matt. All the best.

I completely agree Montana- that was my big hope for this season.

But from what I can see, Mark Hughes is a very fair bloke and an excellent judge of footballers. He's much closer to the players than we are.

371825[/snapback]

I cant disagree with your logic, it just seems like he hasn't been given the games. eg 1 full game at Bolton as lone striker.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.