BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jansen Rips Up Contract

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jansen wont get near the 1st team so cant blame him - Kuqi, Dickov, Bellamy and even Gallagher ahead of him.

Good luck to him for the rest of his career. I wont forget what a good player he was (could still be) and who played a major part in getting us promoted a few years back

Cant imagine Jansen at Bolton... He'd either be played up front on his own or out on the wing. For me he's not a lone striker and although he used to tend to drift out wide when playing up front he is not a winger/forward.

Has Matt's contract with Rovers actually ended? Because after watching Kuqi against Pompey, I'd be willing to give him a game. We are playing QPR in the cup on Saturday, it would be worth considering. Jansen and Bellamy up front, a couple of years a go, that partnership, would have been lethal.

Has Matt's contract with Rovers actually ended? Because after watching Kuqi against Pompey, I'd be willing to give him a game. We are playing QPR in the cup on Saturday, it would be worth considering. Jansen and Bellamy up front, a couple of years a go, that partnership, would have been lethal.

371330[/snapback]

huh.gif

I'd rather give Johnson or Derbyshire a chance to shine rather than giving a half interested Jansen a game if he decides he is definately going.

Perhaps they could agree to one final chance on Saturday - Play well and stay in the side. I'm sure he would rather stay here and be in the team than anywhere else.

I'd rather give Johnson or Derbyshire a chance to shine rather than giving a half interested Jansen a game if he decides he is definately going.

Perhaps they could agree to one final chance on Saturday - Play well and stay in the side. I'm sure he would rather stay here and be in the team than anywhere else.

371391[/snapback]

Aren't Jemal Johnson and Matt Derbyshire both on loan at other clubs? I'm sure I saw a Matt Derbyshire playing for Plymouth against Leeds t'other night.

Aren't Jemal Johnson and Matt Derbyshire both on loan at other clubs? I'm sure I saw a Matt Derbyshire playing for Plymouth against Leeds t'other night.

371452[/snapback]

Johnson came back from PNE a few weeks ago

Derbs came back from Plymouth a few, erm, hours ago.

Isn't there suposed to be a meeting between Matt and the Club today.  When will we know the outcome of that?

371402[/snapback]

Well knowing the Rovers PR machine, we won't until Jansen does go in which case they will probably then say something about how they were planning on selling him after they had told everyone and will investigate the major cock up.

Well knowing the Rovers PR machine, we won't until Jansen does go in which case they will probably then say something about how they were planning on selling him after they had told everyone and will investigate the major cock up.

371488[/snapback]

They surely can only announce that he has gone, after he has gone? Cant they?

371488[/snapback]

I'd have thought you'd be one of the first people Matt told tongue.gif

No announcement yesterday. Either an announcement this morning or he is staying for the time being.

The sensible thing to do would be to retain ties but with Jansen free to look (which the PR has achieved) and Rovers equally looking for a replacement. It's in the lap of the Gods as it were.

Would still be great to see Matty have a decent run against QPR. He is never likely to have a higher motivation to do well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.