BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Episode Iii: Revenge Of The Rovers

vyeo

Found myself sat next to a Manc in the family stand last night! If anything could have made the night sweeter it was that. He started of with some clapping and cheering for them and started to get a bit gobby in the first half; by 3-1 he was sat looking at the floor - have to confess to laughing as hard and loud as I could. At 4-1 I was almost helpless with laughter. That'll teach him to try and sneak in the home area! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having given granddaughter my usual seat in the JWL, I found myself next to a couple of female Manure supporters with a bloke behind , obviously come with some Rovers supporters.

I made it my business to shout and cheer and jump about as much as possible, also saying to the lady on the other side of me how it served the cheating (I must not say that word) right. ph34r.gif

What a night! rover.gif

Incredible.

As for Ferdinand, I was gob-smacked by his behaviour. The lad was getting as much abuse by the Rovers' crowd as I can remember. It felt like bullying. However I joined in long and loud. What I did find bizarre was his return to the pitch before the second half started. He ran round the perimeter of the pitch sticking his chin out, grabbing the United crest on his shirt. It was like a ten year old, rather than a top pro on £110k per week. I've never seen anything like it. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

The best game I've seen in over 30 years following t'Rovers.

I have got to get a hold of the game on DVD just for my personal collection. Last night was one of those nights that we will all tell our kids and granchildren about when the time comes. That has to be one of the best games i've had the honour to watch Rovers play in. But i do stress one of the best.

RFW says Rovers were fouling. Huh!!! Rollocks!!!

Utd were the more aggressive physical side all night.

I never thought I'd hear "Are you Burnley in disguise" being sung versus Man Utd.

That alone is added to the wonderful memories I have of Rovers.

tinykit.gifrover.gif

I just can't stop grinning.

For those of you who are saying that this was a great game and one that you'll remember, fair enough.

Personally I hated it.

There was that 25 minute gap between when Donkey scored his second & the ref blowing the final whistle which was the most excruciating, horrible, nerve-shredding 1500 seconds of my life and I never ever want to live it again.

Up to 4-1 it was great. It was almost better than that time me and Elizabeth Hurley made the two backed beast while Hugh was unconscious in the other room having quaffed too much sherry.

Then Donkey scored.....

Then Donkey scored again.....

And I knew, really deep deep down in the bottom of my black and corrupt heart that with Shrek, Donkey and Sahahahaha on the pitch, that they would score again. It was inevitable. And then typical Scummers would get a 94th minute penalty for Todd breathing on Christine.

Cue RFW dancing up and down on the pitch, The Neviller groin thrusting and badge kissing at The Blackburn End, me invading the pitch and severely adjusting his manhood with my foot & spending the rest of the night in Blackburn police cells.

Then I woke to the sight of our best player being sent off (Rio, Rio, why did you do it?)

Oh god, only another 180 seconds to go.....

Yeeeesssss.

Sorry if this is gibberish, I'm only just coming down from the euphoria of last night and a day spent smiling sweetly at the Scum fans at work, and trying ever so hard not to make myself deeply unpopular.

I think I've managed to hold on to my job for now biggrin.gif

For those of you who are saying that this was a great game and one that you'll remember, fair enough.

Personally I hated it.

There was that 25 minute gap between when Donkey scored his second & the ref blowing the final whistle which was the most excruciating, horrible, nerve-shredding 1500 seconds of my life and I never ever want to live it again.

I know what you mean, but the feeling of sheer relief when that final whistle went made up for it.

Its this sort of games, where your feelings range from being as good as it gets (4-1 up) to the feelings of desperation when you are recalling West Ham at home circa 1987 and almost throwing it away (4-3, 2 in no time at all).

Personally, I LOVED yesterdays game, its the first time in ages that at Ewood, I've had the buzz for football. It reminds me why I got hooked in the first place, and I don't know how the players felt, but the adrenaline and stress watching us perform superbly for the last 25 minutes meant I could hardly speak and was just simply buzzing.

If Rovers ever want to know how to get fans back to Ewood, its having games like that. Shame we didnt fill the ground, as i'd hope many of those fans would be buying Arsenal tickets on the back of it. (P.S Good move from the club advertising the no booking fee internet sales straight after)

Ooops.. forgot to say - cheeRIO cheeRIO cheerRIO. No matter what else went on in that game, Rio aka Plug had a shocker. wink.gif

I post on a NW based Drum and Bass website. Loads of Utd supporters on there as well. They made lots of noise after the Liverpool game on the forum as well as when they were beat by City, yet are strangely quiet today.

381163[/snapback]

Lol. I do actually know a lad that posts on NWDNB thats a Utd fan. laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.