Episode Iii: Revenge Of The Rovers

vyeo

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands up who, before the season, would have said that we would

- Play Utd 4 times and W2 D1 L1

- Not have our best striker available for 2 of the games and still score a total of 8 goals, against arguably the 2nd best team in the league

- Make a muppet of the "best England centre half since Bobby Moore" (not my quote)

There was a bloke next to me who hasn't been for ages - hopefully that performance might put maybe a thousand on the gate for the next home game thumbs-up.gif

God i enjoyed my trip to ewood tonight, i hate them nearly as much as the dingles and at times tonight they looked as good as our claret friends, they were at times comical and we made them pay for once. They have to be the poorest United team in years Fergie lost the plot when he fell out with golden balls. hjope Wigan do them at Cardiff and they win xxxx all. As for that bloody ferdinand call him world class he is a clown, hope after this performance he doesnt have a drug test in the morning laugh.gif

And them cheecy cockneys kept singing small town near xxxxxxx, well if we are they a just a xxxxxxxx hamlet somewhere near bognor bloody regis.

xxxx me this beers good rover.gif Jordan good to see you befor the game laugh.gif

Edited by sausagemandog

Today the midfield and defence were brilliant, and Bentleys finishing was incredible!

As for Kuqi, he was awful but when we were under pressure he won most of the high balls. I am a little worried that when he is dropped on Saturday (quite rightly) we will lose that way to relieve pressure..,.

I wish we had a tall chap with a bit of technique. I think this game probably means Kuqi will be moved on in the summer. If he cannot have a good game when we score four against united..

Still, Awesome! Such an entertaining game!

That was the most exciting game I've seen for years.

No doubt the many who have bleating on about Bentley not being up to it will be cheering him to the rafters tonight. A hat trick against MU - that alone puts him in my hall of fame.

While Kuqi's efforts with his feet were agricultural - no news there - there was a lot more played to his head tonight, which he won most of, including the one that put Ferdinand and VDS in a muddle. He gave us some options.

Brad came out evens on the night - gifted the first but a stunner save from Rooney early in the 2nd half. Todd also evens on balance.

Everyone else did very well, especially Emerton, but then we've seen this movie many times - gets dropped for being ineffectual, comes off the bench and impresses, gets his place back, is even more ineffectual, and so on ad infinitum (so it seems)

Great energy, great tackling - proud to be a Rover

One last thought, we seem to have gone from bully boys to being the bullied. Someone shouild be deputised to sort out Ferdinand next year

Im still in shock

4-1 up against the red scum with 56mins gone, such a shame we lost our head a little after that. I cant believe Sir T**t had the balls to come out and criticise the physical nature of our game after for perhaps the 4th time this season we matched them.

We should have had more, but I don't care we knocked 4(Four) past the Scum.

I also more importantly managed to weasel out of a bet with a colleague in a double or quits scenario. biggrin.gif

Anyone else hear Fergie slagging off rovers for being dirty. Said something like "I cant and never have defended Rovers for their tag, and the evidence showed that tonight"

hhahhaaihahaha Whatever Fergie!! hahah. The real evidence is Rovers 4-3 Manure

Well Fergie has lost it. As seen by his decisions, and by his comments.

Wouldn't if have been so great if Bentley had managed to pull off that chip and make it 5-1? cool.gif Would've given us a prettier scoreline tongue.gif But screw that, like I care! 3 points against the Mancs, brilliant!

The very first bet I took this morning was £5000 on Man U to win (rich get!)!! I'm not working tomorrow but I feel like just going anyway and just smile at the man biggrin.gif

I still cant believe whats happened! How we went in 3-1 at half time I don't know. We weren't particulaly good, but two rubbish defensive errors give us the opportunities. The pen was also a definate pen, Brown stuck out his hand behind his back to get the ball. The second half we tried our best to throw it away - Todd made a couple of mistakes that could have cost us.

But in the end we was good enough!! I hate Man U and I really don't care how we beat them!!! But we did:D:D:D

user posted image

laugh.gif

Aaaaaaaaaah fantastic. The way Ferdinand turned away from Van Der Sar with the biggest lump in his throat and muttered in a squeeky Cockney accent "Farckin' ell" was one of the greatest things I think I've ever seen on a football pitch.

What a stupid stupid man RFW is - moaning on Sky that we were fouling them left right and centre all evening, 6 minutes Fergie time was woefully inadequate and the best bit was Rio the clown never touched Savage - appears that the nerves in Rio's feet are not connected to his brain - or is he. as I have long suspected, just brain dead.

Good riddance Fergie, 6 points to Rovers and one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen.

Bring on the baggies.

I don't understand what the fuss is about Kuqi. He was signed as a back-up player. He was never going to be a long term prospect, and to put it nicely, we knew he was a bit of a lump when he came.

It has been unfortunate that injuries and a lack of options up front have seen him put into the limelight when he would never have been in a better situation for the team. It is frustrating but we can hardly blame him for others' misfortunes. He does try his heart out.

That is why we should just grin and bear it for the moment. We won't be seeing too much of him later in the season, and possibly rarely or not at all in the next and following seasons.

Well, someone's got to give him a case for his defence.

Anyway, I saw the whole match in a replay, which was telecasted right after the match finished, so I treated it as if it was live. I was absolutely chuffed at the performance and the level of commitment.

Bentley is starting to show what it is that Hughes and company see in him. I know he already had the potential to put in a performance like that but in years to come, not rioght now. I wouldn't even be playing him in the first team, but I guess that is why Hughes is the manager. He is a genius in his selections, and the commitment he instills in the squad, as well as a tactical nous he encourages with his thorough preparation before each match, make him one of the best managers in the league.

I love this headline, by the way: United run down by Bentley.

I was also really happy with Emerton. Here is another player that is not liked by many, but unlike Kuqi, he has the ability and today he staked a very good claim for a place in the starting eleven. For those who like the traditional winger, Emerton did that today by taking on his man by dribbling at most opportunities. His performance went unrewarded, though, when Kuqi failed to put what should have been a dead goal into the back of the net when he beat two United players and put in a low cross.

Having a look at the table just now, we are on equal points and matches with Arsenal. Brilliant stuff. We're taking a steady march towards Europe and however unlikely, with some sort of brilliant run like the run from late December to late January we could find ourselves in Champions League contention. Crazy talk, but it's been a long time since we've been able to say that we are within distance of the top four.

It's onward and upwards for the Rovers under Hughes.

My quick player ratings:

Friedel - 7

Neill - 8

Todd - 7

Nelsen - 8

Gray - 7

Reid - 8

Tugay - 7

Savage - 8

Pedersen - 8

Kuqi - 6

Bentley - 10

EDIT: Forgot to add the ratings for the substitutes.

Emerton - 8

Johnson - 6

Mokoena - 6

Edited by James No. 7

RIO RIO RIO

He lost it tonight, after his gaff for our second the home crowd were merciless toward him, chanting RIO RIO RIO whenever he was on the ball, putting him off his game. The longer it went on, the more mistakes he made, until finally he lost it.

RIO RIO RIO

Maybe we should target a player every game and really give a Rio-type going over.

How sweet it was to see the massed uncouth stood in silence at the other end, priceless laugh.gif

Edited by AggyBlue

Bloody Hell from that link DE4life put up they are taking it bad tongue.gif

I agree with James that people are a little harsh on Kuqi, we all know hes not up to standard but at least he puts himself about and can do the big centre Forward job that works in a way of not necessarily doing much in creation but makes defenders work. His header after all led to the flap by Van Der Sars and 'world class defender' Ferdinand.

We are in a good position at the moment, we have to see more of this to get the local population back involved. A defeat at West Brom is not an option if we want to do this. For Rovers to get the public back in Ewood they have to entertain and more importantly win.

Mark Hughes has shown his ambition in recent weeks in the press and has done a mighty fine job of backing that up, however if he wants the players to take us to the next level for next year he has to get the average ones such as the Kuqis, Gray's and Todds of this world to keep focused and do what they are doing for the rest of the season performing above their weight. If Hughes can do this the futures bright for Blackburn Rovers

What a result we never do it the easy way and have to put supporters through hell before the final whistle, well done to the crowd for keeping the ball when it went out, which frustrated Man U even more, also why didnt Van Dar sar get booked for going into the crowd to get the ball.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.