BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Episode Iii: Revenge Of The Rovers

vyeo

so rfw states

"I cannot back Marks team, they continually foul and dont lay football but at half time WE go in 3-1 down, we have played the most attacking football in a while and Blackburn couldnt cope !".

well rfw let me explain that one, Rovers may be a Town team without the skill factor of your so called stars, however, what we do have is a work ethic and honest players.

"Rio makes 2 fouls in a minute and gets sent off, Todd makes 10 fouls and dont even get booked !".

Well if memory serves me right, AT was booked for a foul.

"there should have been 26 minutes injury time".

Only at old triffid dear alex !

read it and weep 4-3 is in the history books tinykit.gif

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gets me, is that we banged in 4 goals, and none of them from any of our strikers. Ok so Bentley was a make-shift striker (and has done well), and the other goal was a penalty, but not bad considering our "depleted" strikeforce.

So maybe for the West Brom game, or at least until Bellamy gets back, Bentley & Pongolle up front?

Oh, and message to RFW: No-one likes a sore loser rover.gif

Last night's game has put me in a great mood today.

It is so great to hear Ferguson trying to make our win out to be no deserved. If i remember rightly we outplayed them for stretches of the game. Their two strikers cost more than our wholescored put toegther and he has the cheek to moan about our players. I'm sorry SAF but your boys just got served by a bunch of rubbish players with no skill, well as you say anyway.

Some random observations as I watch the replay here in the States:

*In the 2nd minute,Ronaldo fell over like a stack of bricks and no one touched him on the replays(MGP came in behind him but did not touch him) and he whiffed at the ball.

Florida Rover

380914[/snapback]

Thankfully that came to nothing. I laughed my arse off even after several replays showed that MGP did nothing wrong the commentators simply refused to admit that Ronaldo could mis kick and therefore there must have been an infringement.

Yes Kudos to the linesman for giving the Pen. RFW's explanation of the ball was going to VDS and therefore should not have been giving is soooo lame. Wes Brown had no idea who was behind him, he had overrun the cross and CLEARLY intentionally put both hands behind his back to intercept the light of the ball. Good shout linesman.

Saha's goal, I counted 3 MU players offside when Rooney's shot went in. The sooner the rules are put back as they were the better. This "new" offside rule is far too open to interpretation to me.

If you are a Goalie and there are 3 opposing players offside in front of you as a shot comes in what the hell are you supposed to think, in my mind they are interfering with play cos they clearly affect the keepers thought process. New rule is rubbish, even if it works in our favour I still don't like it.

As for the ref I thought he done OK'ish until Utd got their third then it was like a switch had been flipped, he started to favour everyting towards the Reds. We were hardly even allowed to contest for headers.

Edited by USABlue

To the delightful tune of one Duran Duran number ;-)

His name is Rio, he just doesn't understand

A dirty 'Manc'y b****rd from a filthy land

And when he shines he really shows you he'll go far

Oh Rio Rio mind that shout from Van Der Sar

381076[/snapback]

His name is Rio and he laid us on a goal,

His name is Rio and he should be on the Dole...

U-N-I-T-E-D

United lost to us 4-3

With a nick-knack paddy wack

Give a dog a bone

Man United #### off home.

If you haven't got tickets for the Baggies on saturday you need to get them fast.

Will they understand when we chant RIO RIO RIO just like we used to chant BEAMO!

Will we have recovered by then? It is definitely in my top 5 matches of all time and I haven't positioned it in the top 5 with the others.

- Newcastle Utd 1995 the Bottle game

- Plymouth 5-2 in 1975

- Derby County play-offs home and away

- Full members Cup Final:the Rovers resurrection

and not forgetting League cup Final win,Play Off final win and 2 matches from the 60s: Blackpool in FA Cup and the 7-2 win v Spurs: and for the rare person there the 8-3 win at West ham (1963? -not there but listened to it on the radio): and Charlton away(1959?-when we got promotion-again on radio up Shad)

And only one Shearer game there...3-3 Palace Away?

Duff at brum

The Bolton annihilation when we got promo back to Premier..and Wigan away this season.

Best chants...Jingle Bells anywhere and "Are you Burnley in disguise" used for the first time last night v the Scum.

MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC

It is definitely in my top 5 matches of all time and I haven't positioned it in the top 5 with the others.

- Newcastle Utd 1995 the Bottle game

- Plymouth 5-2 in 1975

- Derby County play-offs home and away

- Full members Cup Final:the Rovers resurrection

and not forgetting League cup Final win,Play Off final win and 2 matches from the 60s: Blackpool in FA Cup and the 7-2 win v Spurs: and for the rare person there the 8-3 win at West ham (1963? -not there but listened to it on the radio): and Charlton away(1959?-when we got promotion-again on radio up Shad)

And only one Shearer game there...3-3 Palace Away?

Duff at brum

The Bolton annihilation when we got promo back to Premier..and Wigan away this season.

Best chants...Jingle Bells anywhere and "Are you Burnley in disguise" used for the first time last night v the Scum.

MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC

381142[/snapback]

I actually suggested to admin, that we have a new forum on here, whereby members can post topics and discuss the best ever games they've seen. There are lots of them and it could be interesting to keep the memories going.

If you want it, you'll have to pm admin. They'll love that. ph34r.gif

*Neill is a cool customer with that short run up!

WHY WASN"T VDS BOOKED FOR LEAVING THE PITCH TO GO INTO THE STAND TO RETRIEVE THE BALL FROM A FAN!!??

Florida Rover

380914[/snapback]

1) I was absoltuley brickin it with Lucas's short run-up, <surely he won't get enough power..?> but it was a cool finish.

2) I was baffled when VanDeSar wasnt booked - fair enough it was the 'common sense' thing to do but when Robben got booked for Chelski the ref (Bennett?) said he had no choice... THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH FOOTBALL - WE ARE BEING FED ABSOLUTE RUBBISH BY REFS AND THE FA.

if I were Jose Morihno i'd be sending a letter asking to explain this.

Apart from this - awesome game, brilliant atmosphere, emerton good/quick, reid good in middle, sav's best game, bentley ditto.

I post on a NW based Drum and Bass website. Loads of Utd supporters on there as well. They made lots of noise after the Liverpool game on the forum as well as when they were beat by City, yet are strangely quiet today.

Nice to see Hughesy giving SAF a little back on SSN as well.

Was also nice to see MUTV's commentary team cursing and leaving Ewood with a sour attitude and sour look on their face.

Do they not like losing!

NB. as I write this I just checked the forum and see no comeback or ranting from Utd fans, in fact...

hats of to blackburn you won thats what counts

ohmy.gif

rover.gif it was early feb in 2006

we played united and buried the jinks

no ref could help the red devils

no 12th man tonight

from freidal to kuqi

neill to bentley

the blues were superb

the reds were swooned

before the game we heckled rio

savage is gonna get yer

shouted junior and pal

with a smile rio looked fazed

for half a hour it looked tight

up stepped ped and bentley hit the net

friedal saved but saha notched

no offside it is united

kuqi rose and flicked goalwards

100 grand rio snuffed it out

back to edwin in the net

but bentley scored and rio swore

small town in burnley the mancs roared

the jack walker lower sneered back

small town in texas,town full of smackheads

how the mancs loved that

down the wing,a cross goes in

wes brown only handled it

fergie says its going to edwin

so it can't be a pen and so believed the ref

but there stood the lino

flag across the chest

a definate penalty,

the ref has to give it

rio and gary nev

gave the lino a mouthfull

did the ref forget his book

lucas did the rest

3-1 it was at the interval

i was in heaven the mancs wished they were in devon

could it get better,

500 pound in the rovers readies,

out they came

rio rio rio called the roverites

he was our twelth man

he is worth a 100 grand

van the man and chop seuy

ran down the line,its nearly time

fergie calls and on they come

light wieghts off heavywieghts on

gray hits the line,savage inside

bentley takes a touch, and bursts the net

4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1

are you burnley in disguise tinykit.gif

I think the lancashire police should write a letter to the FA about Ferdinand holding his badge up to the bburn end - just as Neville got in trouble for doing it to the Liverpool fans.

381201[/snapback]

Why? It was a bit of fun. We had a laugh at him, he tried to show us it wasn't affecting him - though it clearly was. Hardly caused a riot or anything. I still think Rio is a tosser, but why should players have to act like they're emotionally detached from the game? You can't take your shirt off anymore, or kiss your badge if any opposition fans are looking, or kung-fu kick supporters who call you names. It's silly.

rover.gif the best chant of the night was

WERE ALL GOING TO CARDIFF,by the utd fans in a competition they usually play there reserves tinykit.gif

381217[/snapback]

I thought even better was the one they were already singing (we're the famous Man united and were going to webley). Then they realised the carling cup is in cardiff and sang that one instead! Thick plebs

Funniest chant of the night for me was the ironic 'HANDBALL' chant that the nobs shouted for about two minutes taking the p*** out of a lame appeal from the rovers fans after about 30 minutes.

Came back to haunt them when our old mate Wes Orange lent a helping, ahem, hand just before half time.

Oh sweet irony.

Had to listen to the game at work last night, via the unbiased Century105 radio station......whilst working with a handful of Man Ure supporters.

Did i gloat?

Moi?

...i don`t think i`ve got it in me. dry.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.