BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] More Madness From Mcclaren

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said we have no chance of beating Croatia, heh heh too excited I suppose. Is this really a full effort by Israel they do look a little lack lustre, when Russia score again will the conspiracy theories begin?

??

Croatia arent that good, England have been realy realy poor, but id put money on them beatin Croatia on Wens night thats why their odds on to win.

Get in Isreal 2-1 we will see on wens how good Croatia are

I don't know what to feel after hearing these results. On the one hand great England should qualify for the European championships but, on the other McClaren and Barwick will remain in their jobs. It's awful as an England fan to say it but I was almost hoping we wouldn't qualify just to oust those two and protect the long term future of the national side. Instead we can look forward to another eagerly anticipated but ultimately disappointing summer next year. :rover:

Can I just thank Scotland and their amazing supporters.

Great to see them fall flat on there a**es again!

Serves them right for bigging themselves up all week.

Quality.

So you'll be happy to put up with England "bigging themselves up" for months if they qualify on Wednesday? With luck Croatia will win and spare us all another 6 months of media hype.

Would we not go through on goal difference?

The head to head rule is just stupid imo, should be goal difference.

If that is the case, we just have to win by two clear goals to top the group I guess.

No if Croatia score we need to win 4-1, I kid you not.

I think head to head is a much better seperator, I mean if you team is built on a good defence why should you be penalised for not scoring tons.

How teams faired against each other is a much more accurately of deciphering who's a better team.

Quality.

Israel and Macedonia winning was just brilliant but to see Scotland go out in the last minute just made it extra special...especially when my girlfriends family are Scottish :lol:

Come on England!

Quality.

As somone who has had a dislike fo rthe Haggis munchers for all time I have to say they can be proud of their team, I think they can hold their heads higher than we can. There's no shame in goin out in a group that has the World Cup winners and runners up in it. Well done sweaties, your still a bunch of sheeper shaggers though :D

Edited by USABlue

We'll never get anywhere near to winning anything with that prune in charge.

But there is some good news to be found in the papers. According to The Observer, Alan Curbishley has ruled himself out of the running to be the next England manager.

Good, because he's even worse than McLaren or however you spell the dozy git's name.

If we qualify then McLaren will limp and surely shaft up another tournament and then get off to a rip-roaring cock-up of a start to the next qualifiers. I think the best long-term outcome for English footy is for us to shag it up big-style on Weds.

And then massacre the blazers at the FA and put someone in place who knows what they're doing. And tehn get a decent manager in. Someone who has a track record of success.

Agreed Bryan.

How lucky is McClaren?

Israel's injury time winner now means we can cock up again (i.e. draw) and still go through! I always thought Sven was a very lucky manager, maybe McClaren is starting to inherit that trait as well.

A dismal Euro Championship followed by non qualification for the next World Cup doesn't bear thinking about. Of course viewed objectively last night's freak turn of events shouldn't make the slightest difference to McClaren's position. He wasn't good enough before last night and nothing whatsoever has changed. Just before Israel scored the winner, we were the width of a post away from being eliminated.

Being in the Euros is obviously better than being out and we now have a golden opportunity to go into the tournament with a new and decent manager at the helm. The buffoons at the FA won't see it like that though, they'll be breathing a huge sigh of relief thinking they're off the hook and we'll just meander on to the next letdown.

I must admit i feel sorry for mclown,after all it boils down to the F.A`s incompetence in not knowing their ar*e from their elbow in appointing him in the first place.

To put it into perspective,Graeme Souness had a better domestic record at Rovers than Mclown had at Boro over a similar period of time.

Could you imagine the outcry if Souey had got the job?

What it needs is figures respected throughout the game eg;Shearer,Bobby Robson,venables etc. to advise the F.A on who would be the most ideal candidate to lead us into the european championships,and more importantly to act on that advice.

Personally i would love to see Jose Mourinho get the job as he has all the criteria needed.

1. He is a winner who has experience of managing sides to success at the very top.

2. He can handle what ever the media throws at him (for me a large reason why other England managers have failed,Sven for example)

3. Most importantly he isn`t afraid to drop big names if they are not performing and will create a good TEAM of players rather than a team of good INDIVIDUAL players.

Edited by bacup blue

I have to agree, Bacup blue, I feel sorry for McClaren too, I'm sure he's a very nice bloke. However, I'd wish him to be anywhere except where he is now (except, perish the thought, Manager at Rovers...).

Your Mourinho points have merit, particularly the last one, but I think what every English person is crying out for is for the blighters on the field to show a bit of desire, pride and passion. It's bad enough on the occasions when Rovers don't seem to have it; but these guys are playing for their country for goodness' sake :angry2:

i had the mispleasure or pleasure as it turned out yesterday of spending time at a do with a bunch of jocks...who after watching themselves get beat started drinking voddy and singing for russia ......OH HOW WE RAMMED IT DOWN THEIR THROATS...ASSHOLES

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.