BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

Guest Kamy100

Their starting lineup against Valencia, Linke, Dudic, Vargas and Kovac are excellent players.

Salzburg

1 Timo Ochs

4 Thomas Linke

2 László Bodnár

3 Milan Dudić

31 Jorge Vargas

28 René Aufhauser

6 Niko Kovač

16 Karel Piták

13 Christian Tiffert

5 Ezequiel Carboni

24 Peter Orosz

substitutes

22 Heinz Arzberger

33 Thomas Winklhofer

18 Remo Meyer

20 Markus Steinhöfer

11 Patrik Jezek

19 Johan Vonlanthen

9 Vratislav Lokvenc

Coach

Giovanni Trapattoni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their starting lineup against Valencia, Linke, Dudic, Vargas and Kovac are excellent players.

Salzburg

1 Timo Ochs

4 Thomas Linke

2 László Bodnár

3 Milan Dudić

31 Jorge Vargas

28 René Aufhauser

6 Niko Kovač

16 Karel Piták

13 Christian Tiffert

5 Ezequiel Carboni

24 Peter Orosz

substitutes

22 Heinz Arzberger

33 Thomas Winklhofer

18 Remo Meyer

20 Markus Steinhöfer

11 Patrik Jezek

19 Johan Vonlanthen

9 Vratislav Lokvenc

Coach

Giovanni Trapattoni

excellent players? Is that why they play for some mugs in Austria?

I think if you class those players as 'excellent' then ours must be bloody World Class

can you not go to other austrian airports

only a small country isnt it?

ive had £101 to vienna i think

You can fly Ryanair from Stansted to Graz for £43. It's then a 4 hour train ride and the fare will be more than the flight but it's still the cheapest option I've found so far. If there were a group of you hiring a car might be quicker and cheaper from Graz. I considered flights to Verona and Treviso in Italy but the trains from there are 6.5 hours with many changes. You can fly from Liverpool to Treviso though.

******stop press*****

Rovers have agreed to change the tie dates, they are now playing the first leg on Wednesday for Ch4 coverage and are now playing hte second leg at Ewwod on the thursday with 7pm kick off

Source ?

''excellent players? Is that why they play for some mugs in Austria?''

Sheer Ignorance like that will see us not last long fella! :rolleyes:

Ooh, sorry Mr.Positive but it's not ignorance but fact. You wont see players in their prime who have fantastic ability playing in Austria

Also, whats the average age of their team , 35?? Our fitness levels should be too much for this lot

Edited by greggyk

******stop press*****

Rovers have agreed to change the tie dates, they are now playing the first leg on Wednesday for Ch4 coverage and are now playing hte second leg at Ewwod on the thursday with 7pm kick off

BULLSHIT

UEFA cup games cannot be played at same time as Champions League games. ;)

Guest Kamy100

excellent players? Is that why they play for some mugs in Austria?

I think if you class those players as 'excellent' then ours must be bloody World Class

That is an extremely dangerous attitude to take. The players I call "excellent" are highly experienced at European level, that combined with Trappatoni's tactical knowledge will make life extremely difficult for us. They also managed to beat Valencia 1-0 at home in the champions league qualifer.

Booked!

Thank god the first leg is away

FLYING OUT

Date Flight From/To Depart Arrival

Wed

Sep 13 115 Manchester-Terminal 1 --> Salzburg 12:50 PM 16:00 PM

FLYING BACK

Date Flight From/To Depart Arrival

Sat

Sep 16 114 Salzburg --> Manchester-Terminal 1 16:30 PM 17:45 PM

£417 for 2 flights

A Valencia team about 4 weeks away from the start of the season.

Greggy all people are saying is dont take them likely. The experience that a few of their players have will be hard to play against...but like you say hopefuly we should have enough. Players like Benny and Ooijer are used to the Champs Lge.

top form, dear lord. We played Everton the other day and should have beat them despite us playing nowhere near the level we can. Dont think this Austrian side are anywhere near the level of any prem sides.

We always take this, "ooh, it's going to be tough" attitude, why not a little confidence in Mark Hughes and his side and we might actually win a game in Europe!

CSKA Sofia and Glencerlidghbgy were both better than this team while Hearts and Nancy would have both been much much more of atricky tie than this

We're also going to Austria, so cheer up guys!

I checked some flight prices to Salzburg about an hour ago: -

Cheapest thomsonfly from Coventry £121

Ryanair from Stansted £204!

Swiss from Manchester £159 (with a change)

Sky Europe from Manchester £169

All were for going on 14th and back on 15th.

Should also be practical to fly to Munich and get a train. I've only checked BA for this and it was £300+

The £169's from Manchester jumped to £199 in the time it took me to enter all details & credit card, etc.

Still, done now !! :tu: That's me, Scotty, Jordan and Nuclearsox sorted, meeting Ricky there and still trying to find something for Manchester Blue on Thurs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.