SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just to remind everyone that the draw takes place at noon (our time - 12.00BST) tomorrow.

Other important dates coming up...

First round first legs: 14 September

First round second legs: 28 September

and hopefully still of interest to us by then...

Draw for Uefa Cup group stage: 3 October

First group stage matches: 19 October

:tu:

Champions League and Uefa Cup dates.

I fancy a trip to Latvia, Estonia or Lithuania!

I see the uefa cup final is at Hampden Park! very good for me, since I will probably have some exams or revising to exams around the 16th...so then its a quick travel up to Hampden to see Rovers lift the trophy and then back to the joy of exams again! happy days :tu:

I'd love France. Some of the places in Eastern Europe would also be quite nice.

Hopefully nowhere too expensive to get to so that I can fit it into my student budget, bringing a couple of rovers converts with me.

That's 12.00 our time...unless you want to watch the "Live Rowing" on at 1.00 on Eurosport? ;)

It lasts for 15 minutes apparently.

Thank goodness for that! The Champions League "draw" lasted for an hour this evening!!!

[And was probably all fixed anyway]

I'm hoping desperately for home leg first .... otherwise there's gonna be a hell of a ruck with my boss :(

I'm looking forward to catching my first Rovers matches this fall - hopefully a domestic game @ Ewood + a Uefa groupstage away match. Somewhere tiny, obscure and out-of-the-way would be my preference, assuming we get that far!

Edited by shraffy

Thanks in large part to Craig Bellamy's scoring exploits that we've got this opportunity, so thanks Craig.

Don't care where it is as long as its sorted out tomorrow and we don't have issues with venue changes etc.

Just had a look at the teams we could be drawn against tomorrow. (the un-seeded teams from this site

What are the chances we actually get a tricky team to play ie.Trabzonspor from Turkey or Maccabi Haifa

Here's hoping we get Derry City before taking on the 'sort of big boys' such as Ajax and Parma in the group then knockout stage

Have to say, for me the Uefa Cup is pretty much 'the season' for Rovers IMO. I would take a mid-table safe position in the league 9th-13th in the league aslong as we get a good run in europe. A bit like Boro last season, although slightly higher in the league. Lets be honest, 6th is the best we can achieve, and that will only lead us to the situation we are in now. We are pretty much at the peak for a club like ours, so you may aswell enjoy it cause it aint gunna get any better

Just waiting on one result now as Drogheda v start is in extra time and then we know all the qualifiers. There are some great possibilities but also some nightmares. Would prefer away 2nd but just can't wait really.

IK Start won 11-10 on pens!!!

Edited by Manchester Blue

If I've got this right. At some point between now and the draw, we'll be placed in a group of 10, only 5 of which we could play.

Anyone know where/when we can get these group ? It'll make researching flight setc easier if I only need to worry about 5 destinations.

If I've got this right. At some point between now and the draw, we'll be placed in a group of 10, only 5 of which we could play.

Anyone know where/when we can get these group ? It'll make researching flight setc easier if I only need to worry about 5 destinations.

This guys normaly on the ball with the fixture

--> link

If you can make sense of it :blink:

I've been searching for that too Glenn. I think you'll find out tomorrow morning because I found an article from last year at this same stage on Uefa.com showing the groups on the day of the 1st round draw.

Also, IF (which because it's Rovers in Europe, we wont:D) get through to the group stages, we will most likely be in pot 4 or 5 (bottom 2) meaning we will be facing better teams than us(according to Uefa anyway)

Cant wait....

The groups of 10 will be announced fairly soon on Uefa's website. I'm like a child on Christmas morning ;-)

Keep sucking that satsuma and playing with your whip and top. Only a few hours to go!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.