SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are they any good though?

Not really. Certainly we would be favourites. They are a pretty average ligue 1 team and they have looked ok at the start of the season (won two, lost one). I guess you would rate them as a Blackburn of Ligue 1 in many ways, but as it is a weaker league they are not as good of a side.

are they any good though?

I lived there for 18 months, was hoping I'd never have to go back!

They were crap then (apart from the hero Tony Cascarino) - but I guess if they won the cup they might be ok now.

Nice town square, some good restaurants ... good local food and wine ... not a lot else to shout about to be honest.

I think the games are played on the 14th and 28th September............personally I shall drive to Edinburgh

Hope it is Edinburgh. 20 mins on the train for me. Plus if any of you guys coming up would like to meet up with the Edinburgh Rovers contingent' most of them meet regularly in the Queens Arms in Frederick Street (runs at 90 deg to Princes St).

A word of warning; Dont assume that Hearts will be a push-over. They have some very good players, plus the very fact that they are playing an English team is enough to fire up every Scot in the team and the supporters as well. I kid you not, you have to see it to believe it. To all of them this would be a re-run of Bannockburn!! When they refer to England as the "Auld Enemy" they MEAN IT!!

And I am being deadly serious :ph34r:

Edited by Fife Rover

if we get Nancy would it be best to fly into Paris and then jump on a train. I can't see any airports closer (there is metz/nancy airport but doesnt seem to be any flights there from the UK)

I think flying to Salzburg then getting a train is also an option, Tris used that line on numerous occasions if memory serves me correctly.

If we get Nancy you could fly to Paris and then fly to Metz-Nancy Lorraine or you could take the train there. Unfortunately I don't believe that the TGV line is yet finished, so you'd be looking at a 2-2:30 hour train ride (not that bad really). If you're up for driving that would be pretty simple. Taking the train to Paris or Lyon and then taking the train to Nancy might also be the simplest. If we get them I'll contact SNCF and see what they say.

I think flying to Salzburg then getting a train is also an option, Tris used that line on numerous occasions if memory serves me correctly.

Strasburg is on the Nacy line not saltzburg that's miles away

I know we'll have a great time wherever we go, but I do think the places we could go are very boring. I was hoping for the former Yugoslavia or a ex soviet state. Belgium, Easter France and Denmark don't fill me with that much enthusiasm.

I know we'll have a great time wherever we go, but I do think the places we could go are very boring. I was hoping for the former Yugoslavia or a ex soviet state. Belgium, Easter France and Denmark don't fill me with that much enthusiasm.

:huh:

i wanted prague but we cant all be winners

beligum

come on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.