BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henry

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, im glad. He is a truly awesome player and his professionalism is admirable (except for maybe his rant about the refs).

It is good for the league and for Arsenal to have such a high class of player but not so good for Blackburn. Plus most other teams.

if he wants to be considered world-class, he'll have to perform better in finals & on the international stage. 700 + minutes without a goal (@ the stade de france).

but in premiership terms, it's hard to pay tribute in words to Henry. he's a pleasure to watch.

I'm happy as I think it is nice to see a bit of loyalty in football and also great to have such a talented player in the Premiership. It is also nice as I don't like Barcelona very much and it is good that they won't have him there to strengthen their side.

just got an email on this very subject- made me smile.

Subject: Question of the Week

SKY'S Richard Keys' question to Paul Merson, after Arsenals Champions League

final defeat:

"Paul, if you were a betting man would you put money on Henry staying at

Arsenal?"

Cue a distant look in Merson's eyes....

Brilliant player. He's a pleasure to watch-the sort of footballer who is worth every penny of the exorbitant wages (if anyone is) and convinces me at least to subscribe to Sky each year (along with ourselves of course). Apart from when he's playing against Rovers, I can't think of a Premiership performer I admire more.

Edited by Rovermatt

Boo !. Wanted him to leave, as it would weaken Arsenal, who I don't like, and potentially benefit Blackburn. He'd also be in the same team as Ronaldinho if the rumours were true.

409100[/snapback]

Personal feelings aside regarding the Arse, I am glad he is staying. The league just would not be the same without him, a class act, a real joy to watch.

Hmmm, would rather have seen him leave, with Arsenal possibly losing him, Pires and Bergkamp, they would have been hard pressed to finish in the top 4. Might have increased our chances for a CL spot.

As for the "class act" stuff, I generally agree, but apparently he's been in close contact with Arsene Wenger and has been stricken by the same sore loser disease this past week. You lost in a fair game of football, where calls went both ways. Let it go.

I`m over the bloody moon.

I love watching him play.

One of the greatest to ever grace the english game and some people want him out!?!

409130[/snapback]

I guess only the Spuds would want him out.

Top player, has been carrying L'Arse in a few games though, but none the less, pure class. Think he's not done too bad since converting from a winger biggrin.gif

I`ve said it before, Thierry Henry is the only player in the premier league (who doesn`t wear a Rovers shirt) i`d pay to see.

The guy is class & the prem is a better place with him in it.

I think it's great that we all still have the chance to watch such a great player in regular weekly action, even if he is playing for the Arse. Just as long as Toddy is still around to keep him quiet when they play us laugh.gif

Incidentally, slightly off-topic, I got to thinking about which is/was the better player out of Henry and Shearer given both at their peak? What do you guys think?

Personally I find it very hard to choose as they are/were huge talents, but completely different styles of player, and both hugely effective and invaluable members of their respective teams.

Edited by Fife Rover

I think it's great that we all still have the chance to watch such a great player in regular weekly action, even if he is playing for the Arse. Just as long as Toddy is still around to keep him quiet when they play us laugh.gif

Incidentally, slightly off-topic, I got to thinking about which is/was the better player out of Henry and Shearer given both at their peak? What do you guys think?

Personally I find it very hard to choose as they are/were huge talents, but completely different styles of player, and both hugely effective and invaluable members of their respective teams.

409232[/snapback]

henry without a doubt. shearer was amazing but henry does a lot more than just score goals.

Nobody put a bid in for him, and if I was Barca boss I would stick to the winning line up of Messi and Eto'o, with Goofy behind.

Real Madrid would have had him, but would he go there?

Tried it in Italy, failed.

That leaves Germany, Holland, Scotland or back to France for a holiday.

So it looks like staying in London with his English wife and probably a rather tasty pay rise and a brand new spanking ground to play in.

Never in doubt.

Nobody put a bid in for him, and if I was Barca boss I would stick to the winning line up of Messi and Eto'o, with Goofy behind.

Real Madrid would have had him, but would he go there?

Tried it in Italy, failed.

That leaves Germany, Holland, Scotland or back to France for a holiday.

So it looks like staying in London with his English wife and probably a rather tasty pay rise and a brand new spanking ground to play in.

Never in doubt.

409245[/snapback]

Rubbish mate. Barca were desperate to sign him, y'know the champions of Europe. He 'failed' in Italy as a winger and no other league is good enough for him. I was never in doubt once the order went out to rough him up in the final.

I might have to give him a little clap when he comes to Ewood next year, showing my appreciation of his play/the fact he's staying.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

just got an email on this very subject- made me smile.

Subject: Question of the Week

SKY'S Richard Keys' question to Paul Merson, after Arsenals Champions League

final defeat:

"Paul, if you were a betting man would you put money on Henry staying at

Arsenal?"

Cue a distant look in Merson's eyes....

409116[/snapback]

Yeah i knw that was hilarious.

Back on topic, I think its great news for The Premiership he's staying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.