BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franny Jeffers

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt this will be the only use for this topic. Moans and Groans to follow over the coming years.

Big Yawn sums it up, on a hot day hardly a deal to wake you up.

I wander how many fans shirts Jeffers will get his name on?

I doubt this will be the only use for this topic. Moans and Groans to follow over the coming years.

Big Yawn sums it up, on a hot day hardly a deal to wake you up.

I wander how many fans shirts Jeffers will get his name on?

it's better to see how he performs, before critising.

with support like this, there's no way he can fail! :rolleyes:

it's better to see how he performs, before critising.

with support like this, there's no way he can fail! :rolleyes:

The same was said about Kuqi last year and he just about proved his worth even if only for his goal celebration!

I'd love to see Jeffers back to the player he was when he was rated so highly, i just think it's another case of Jansen Syndrome. There is no doubt he can do it if he puts his mind to it. :rover:

Well if Mark Hughes can help the luggy one recapture his form of many moons ago he's not just a good manager but a bloody magician.

Too right, the operative words being "many moons ago"

I'm all for giving a player whose career has fallen by the wayside another chance but this is stretching things to the extreme. Don't expect too much of him, the chances of him coming good are minimal.

After five years of virtual inactivity I really can't see how he can ever regain the necessary physical edge to compete effectively at this level again. And after something like 3 goals in 3 seasons his confidence in front of goal will be shot.

If it comes off it will be the management and training coup of all time.

The same was said about Kuqi last year and he just about proved his worth even if only for his goal celebration!

kuqi proved his worth by scoring some important goals (particularly in the 1st half of the season).

i think jeffers will prove to be a very shrewd signing and, with the incentive based contract, the only person that can lose out is jeffers himself.

give the wee lad a chance. JHC soem of you are beyond belief. The pre season is just about to start so give him bit of leeway.

Alright he aint gonna set the pulses racing but we dont yet know just what is around the corner.

He may just yet discover how to score goals at the top level and BRFC may just b the spark needed to help him.

The next 20 days or so will no doubt see BRFC mould a squad together as we start the season and forage into European competition. What e need is belief NOT idiots gobbing about how sad it is that we aint signed so and so.

we are all on a downer oafter our World Cup Exit, get over it and put your thoughts back to BRFC. 56 days and counting :brfc:

I had to stifle a groan when I saw this. I saw Jeffers playing a few games for Rangers in the first half of last season, and his displays were woefully ineffectual. When is the last time he actually had a good season? His final one with Everton first time around?

I'm always willing to give players a chance, especially with a man-manager as good as Hughes, but I really can't see anything good coming of this signing.

Hopefully I'll be eating humble pie in a few months.

What e need is belief NOT idiots gobbing about how sad it is that we aint signed so and so.

It's not being idiotic, it's being realistic. It's not like he's had a bad season, he's done nothing since 2001.

If anything it's idiotic to expect that he will come good.

It's not being idiotic, it's being realistic. It's not like he's had a bad season, he's done nothing since 2001.

If anything it's idiotic to expect that he will come good.

Just as idiotic as thinking a player from that well reknowned hot bed of football, New Zealand, who has only played in that equal talent bed of football, the USA, could possibly be a top central defender?

Just as idiotic as thinking a player from that well reknowned hot bed of football, New Zealand, who has only played in that equal talent bed of football, the USA, could possibly be a top central defender?

Completely irrelevant comparison. Nelsen hadn't been to all intents and purposes out of the game for 5 years.

The next 20 days or so will no doubt see BRFC mould a squad together as we start the season and forage into European competition. What e need is belief NOT idiots gobbing about how sad it is that we aint signed so and so.

With all the comings and goings it may be diffcult to mould a team, you can stick the players together but if we have 4 or 5 new bodies in the first team it could take a while for the team to gel and play well.

Belief will come once we have signed our main targets but that won't be for a while i'd guess. Like to get everyone into pre season friendlies to get the players understanding each other.

Good signing. Sounds like he won't cost much unless he scores a hatful of goals; oh no! Some of you are unbelievable. 300 pages of tripe about who's signing, 30+ pages lamenting Bellamy, then Dickov's replacement gets slated based on the fact that they've never seen him in a Rovers shirt. If Jeffers hasn't done anything by FA Cup 3rd round day, then you can have a complain. The lad is back north, he's working with a man who saw him when he was younger, and he certainly does not have "Matt Jansen syndrome"; Jeffers never fell off a moped and ruined his psyche.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.