BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franny Jeffers

Have a guess as to where Franny's from.... look at AS location!!! :lol::lol:

You suggesting I'm biased ? Shame on you :blink:

There's a clause in his appointment at Ewood that apparently swung the deal.

John Williams has agreed to pay to have Franny's ears pinned back so he can run faster.

Edited by adopted scouser

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could turn out to be a very shrewd signing. The lad obviously has talent and he's still young. If anyone is going to get this once promising career back on track it's Hughes and his coaching staff - both physically and mentally. I have no problems with this signing at all. Very much a low risk, high reward scenario.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

I for one trust Hughes on this one. Jeffers may be crap, but Hughes would know better about the situation from all perspectives as to how Jeffers will perform. He wouldn't sign Jeffers if he thought he couldn't be effective to some extent. Either that or Hughsey has been on the crack cocaine. :)

Hughsey have you been on the crack cocaine? You naughty boy!

Edited by Fife Rover

Can the comparisons with Shefki Kuqi stop right here.

Many people were sceptical about Kuqi's ability and even Ipswich fans admitted that his lack of techique was not totally obliterated by his whole-hearted approach.

HOWEVER, Kuqi arrived at Rovers after winning Ipswich's PLayer of the Season award ahead of Darren Bent and others. He was arguably playing the best football of his career. Francis Jeffers, meanwhile, has been in the doldrums. If Hughes rekindles the guy's talents, he is officially a genius. He would have succeeded where Wenger, Moyes, Curbishley and McLeish have all failed.

I fear however that Jeffers will push Paul Gallagher down the pecking order (who was returning to form at Stoke) and ultimately not contribute much to Blackburn. Jeffers is like Dickov but without the tenacity and workrate. I hope to be proven wrong.

There is no need to slag him off, even if he doesn't perform.

He has come here to try and do well, and his contract (hopefully) reflects this.

Personally I think he will do ok.

workd web wont let me see ....how much was he?

oh god..I have to pick up my heart from the floor, it sank so far after hearing the news on signing jeffers

it's summer 2003 all over again, we have a good season, sell our best players over the summer, sign second rate players as replacements and struggle the next season...fickle thsi sporft thing eh?

Jeffers is like Dickov but without the tenacity and workrate. I hope to be proven wrong.

Hopefully Jeffers won't remind me of Dickov in another way, i.e. as an inadequate replacement for our departing best striker.

Two years ago, when Dickov was signed, I said that it was a good signing by Souness as long as he was being brought in to replace Yorke as our fourth choice striker. It turns out that he was Cole's replacement, which was obviously a giant mistake.

Now, two years later, I'll say this: if Jeffers is a replacement for Dickov (our third choice striker since Pongolle was second choice), then this is a good move. If not, and Hughes expects Jeffers to be second or even first choice, then it's surely a mistake.

Ultimately, the comparison may be moot because I trust Hughes a million times more than I did Souness in the transfer market.

Read somewhere that signing Jeffers is low risk. I thought that if he doesn't perform, then it's going to waste some wages. What's his wages like? Can't be less than 5-figure per week I suppose. If he somehow turns on the form to extent of 10 or more goals then credit will surely go to Hughes. The manager has proven to be so good at transfer market and rejuvenating players that his own minimum release clause will be triggered. Low risk? Maybe not so low.

Edited by emglch

Championship here we come.

God help us unless we sign a quality striker.

what a crock of crud

Rovers will complete another striker deal later today or tomorrow

THE BIG DEAL WILL SHORTLY FOLLOW NOW THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN

We've seen this summer how bad management can turn a team of world class players into under-performing second-raters. Let's see how good management can turn around the career of a former rising star. Let the ink dry on the contract before he's hounded out.

Jeffers and Roberts in one day?

I for one am looking forward to the pies of Bournemouth in a couple of years time. It's a lovely old town - perfect for a Saturday day out with cheaper away tickets!

Come on Rovers!!

Sink us to the Championship!! There are so many teams there I'd like to see match their wits against the might of the Rovers.

:rover:

I sincerely hope Jeffers returns to some sort of form but I don't think he will.

Yes, I'm aware Mark Hughes knows far more about football than I do, although this season will be my 41 st watching the lads.

Yes, I'm also aware there will still be one, if not two, decent and relatively expensive signings by the club.

Folk are entitled to their opinions all the same but if Franny comes good I'll hold my hand up......I'll also show my arse at the Circus as us Darreners say. :o

what a crock of crud

Rovers will complete another striker deal later today or tomorrow

THE BIG DEAL WILL SHORTLY FOLLOW NOW THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN

"THE BIG DEAL" = jason roberts? *shoot me*

So why sign the likes of Nelson?

Where do you draw the line?

And what will you say if he has 10 goals in 10 games.

Better to get behind the lad playing for overs than to slam him before he even plays.

Sparky seems to have done pretty well so far so let him get on with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.