BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franny Jeffers

*****SHAKES HEAD ******

FFS LETS BUY RONALDO,KLOSE,SHEVCHENKO..WHO ELSE ....GET A GRIP...HOW CAN WE KEEP HOLD OFF BELLS.

ITS LIKE YOUR BIRD DUMPS YOU AND YOU WANNA GET HER JELOUS ,YOU WANT TO GO AND PULL A NICE FIT BIT OF TOTTY(WHO WOULDNT WANT TO POKE A WAG?) BUT LETS FACE IT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN ,UNLESS YOUR AN EXTREMLY HANDSOME BASTID LIKE ME OF COURSE.

ROVERS DONT HAVE THE PULLING P[OWER NOW TO GET THESE PLAYERS WE ALL YEARN FOR.....WE GO WITH WHAT HUGHSY WANTS SIMPLE AS ...IN HUGHSEY WE TRUST.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Bolton fans were as negative as people on here when they signed Jansen ? Or maybe they thought - hang on a minute this guy used to be one of the most promising strikers in the league - I trust our manager to get him back to his best (if any one can). Before anyone talks about Jansen being a flop at Bolton - don't forget a certain Kevin Davies - who has been transformed into an effective premiership striker at Bolton.

That is how I see the signing of Jeffers - a gamble - but if anyone can get him playing like he once could, then it is Mark Hughes and the back room staff. Rovers have to take gambles like this every now and then - we can't afford the finished article so we have to trawl for damaged goods (very few clubs - and many people on this MB - wanted to touch Bellamy last year - until MH sorted him out)

Erm if they weren't maybe they should have been look where Jansen isn't now!

Jeffers may do the business but his recent track record to say the least leaves alot to be desired. No goals in scotland, even Grabbi could score!

My first thoughts on hearing this was 'Blimey has the sun gone to Hughes' head'? He hasn't done anything in years and if charlton - a team much inferior to us - don't want him why the hell do we?

Looking at it in context, especially with Roberts signing the same day the deal doesn't look quite as bad, although still a gamble. In context, rovers ideally needed two strikers prior to Bellamy leaving, three now he left. Regardless of the quality of players deals take time, and players cost money, both of which are limited for Hughes and rovers. In Jeffers rovers get the squad striker position sorted out quickly, and from what I've heard, cheaply.

Considering the monetary aspect; Heskey was a possible 3rd choice striker, although better than Jeffers, is not good business at the cost of several million and £15k plus a week. With the deal being wrapped up quickly rovers can concentrate on getting in one/two top class forwards - deals which will take a lot more time and effort. In this sense too the signing of Jeffers frees up much more of rovers resources.

Looking at what Hughes has done with players of limited talent like Kuqi, you have to hope he can get something out of Jeffers; and judgement calls on the like of Stead and Jansen have proved the manager's tactical accumen. Nevertheless I'm still highly sceptical - the guy couldn't even hack it at Rangers. Hopefully Hughes will prove me wrong but the nagging thought is as he was available earlier why didn't Hughes go for him then?

I wonder if Bolton fans were as negative as people on here when they signed Jansen ? Or maybe they thought - hang on a minute this guy used to be one of the most promising strikers in the league - I trust our manager to get him back to his best (if any one can). Before anyone talks about Jansen being a flop at Bolton - don't forget a certain Kevin Davies - who has been transformed into an effective premiership striker at Bolton.

:blink:

What an odd post.

Looking at what Hughes has done with players of limited talent like Kuqi, you have to hope he can get something out of Jeffers; and judgement calls on the like of Stead and Jansen have proved the manager's tactical accumen. Nevertheless I'm still highly sceptical - the guy couldn't even hack it at Rangers. Hopefully Hughes will prove me wrong but the nagging thought is as he was available earlier why didn't Hughes go for him then?

Yeah...he's done sod all with Kuqi.

He signed a crap player and guess what...he's still a crap player.

He runs around a lot though I'll give him that much.

Hopefully Hughes will prove me wrong but the nagging thought is as he was available earlier why didn't Hughes go for him then?

Because we were able to get Pongolle in on loan instead, which was the right decision at the time. Agree with most of what you said though.

Nothing wrong with picking up the Fox in the Box.

Franny knows this is the last chance saloon.

He has moved back north.

He has bags of skill.

The good thing is that "Fox" is "Zorro" in spanish.

Welcome Zorro. :brfc:

Like Clayton and his Left Boot, I am going to go our on a limb, however, I will predict that Sparkie can bring this lad back to life.

Yeah...he's done sod all with Kuqi.

He signed a crap player and guess what...he's still a crap player.

He runs around a lot though I'll give him that much.

Yes, all the goals he scored were useless.

Guess you didn't like us getting to a cup semi...

Edited by American

So he scored a few goals...and?

The guy is still rubbish.

What? You think the man is the next Totti because he put away a few? What about all the chances he fluffed because of an extreme lack of finishing talent for instance?

John Williams has agreed to pay to have Franny's ears pinned back so he can run faster.

Not sure I'd have that done, if we play him with the wind at his back he'd take some catching.

Not going to knock him but it hardly sets my pulse racing. Worth a gamble with the incentive based contract, who knows he may just work out.

Edited by USABlue

My reacton to Jeffers is the same as to Bellamy's signing - shrug of the shoulders. Lets sit back and see what happens. Mark Hughes is no fool and if he thinks Jeffers is a chance worth taking that's good enough for me. He'll have more imcentive to play tham some we've seen at Ewood in recent years.

I suppose one encouraging thing is that Hughes must think a lot of Jeffers as he wanted to sign him in the january transfer window, and now after finishing sixth and getting into Europe, he has turned to Jeffers again.

I'm not ruling Jeffers out at all, but all his birthdays and wishes must have come together at once by getting a move to a team playing european football.

My reacton to Jeffers is the same as to Bellamy's signing - shrug of the shoulders. Lets sit back and see what happens. Mark Hughes is no fool and if he thinks Jeffers is a chance worth taking that's good enough for me. He'll have more imcentive to play tham some we've seen at Ewood in recent years.

Exactly.

We have absolutely nothing to lose by signing Francis Jeffers. He didn't cost us ANYTHING. If what I have read is to be correct, if he doesn't play he won't cost us ANYTHING. If Jeffers realises that this is probably his last chance at the bigtime, both parties could gain EVERYTHING.

It won't cost us anything, except his wages. Even if he is on a heavily incentive-based contract, he will still be receiving a decent basic wage. Perhaps not a great sum, but his signing will hardly be free.

Sorry TCJ I forgot you dealt personally with the contracts of our players.

Even if the guy is on £10k a week, it's not exactly going to break the bank is it? I'm sure Hughesy will know exactly what role Jeffers is going to play next season, and will have advised the board on the appropriate contract offer. I'm also sure that if the club needs all the money it can for a potential 'big' signing, it wouldn't have offered a penny to a player like Franny Jeffers. We must have saved at least £50k a WEEK by flogging Dickov and Bellamy.

98-99 Everton 6 Goals, 15 Games

99-00 Everton 6 Goals, 21 Games

00-01 Everton 6 Goals, 11 Games

01-02 Arsenal 2 Goals, 6 Games 2 Games (Champions League)

02-03 Arsenal 2 Goals, 16 Games 5 Games (Champions League)

03-04 Everton 0 Goals, 18 Games

04-05 Charlton 3 Goals, 20 Games

05-06 Glasgow Rangers 0 Goals, 4 Games (Champions League)

The sweat has increased x 10 on my brow and it aint the weather either!! :(

also, jeffers shares the U21 goalscoring record (16games 13goals) with a certain mr shearer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.