BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood Park

Every time i attend a home match at Ewood i always wonder if the old Jack Walker Steel Stand will ever be knocked down and a new stand like the other three we have will be put up.

I know we don't have millions and probabley won't fill another double tier stand but does anybody know if the club have any plans to finish the ground off or not.

I do seem to remember the late Jack Walker promising us once at his end of season speach that there were plans but up to this date nothing as happend

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real way I could ever see us not having that stand is if we made a totally new stadium. I simply can't see us ever being in a position where that would make sense to do, but if we did get a huge amount of new investment then a new and more modern but slightly smaller stadium might be the way to go.

Thankfully we dont invite vistors into the riverside. They would surely be singling "sh1t ground, no fans".

As it is, I have never heard from anyone who have visited ewood ( away fan ), who has said anything bad. (other than the time it takes to get served )

Move the away fans to the Riverside. Why do we keep giving them the pleasure of taking over the Darwen end when we could give them the Riverside.

We treat 'em all too well.

Eddie, you're talking nonsense... it doesn't make sense to re develop one stand but it does make sense to build a whole new ground..... are you sat there with your underpants on your head, two pencils up your nose, and saying wibble!!!!!!

Id say maybe have a new stadium / sports center in a slightly better area... No offence to the people that live near Ewood... I mean something needs to change to improve attendences... <_<

1. Blackburn is a small town

2. The people of Blackburn are not made of money and some cant afford to get to every game

3. Not being a massive club we are not going to get loads of people traveling from all over the place to attened games week in week out like Man U or Liverpool (i know we do have foreign fans by the way)

4. What do you mean have a new stadium :blink: Where exactly would you put a new stadium? There is nothing wrong with where it is at the moment?

Your post puzzels me <_<

Id say maybe have a new stadium / sports center in a slightly better area... No offence to the people that live near Ewood... I mean something needs to change to improve attendences... <_<

Where do you suggest it should be moved to in Blackburn? Shadsworth? Pleckgate? Mellor? Brownhill? Roe Lee Park? Where abouts in Blackburn should the ground be that'll ensure we get higher gates? How and who is going to fund this utterly pointless exercise?

The stadium is a lasting testament to Jack Walker and a constant reminder of his legacy. Three stands are as good as anything in the Prem.

Unfortunately The Riverside isn't the best but perhaps that should stay as a reminder of where we've come from and our history (whilst I sit in the Blackburn End ;) )

No offence to people from Worthing near Brighton but they don't half talk a load of pony.

*sits back and waits for Lancashire bloody United to get a mention again*

according to the Sport and Local Econimic Development people (LANCASTER UNI) we were still looking into 'the infamous riverside hotel' in 2001.

"Blackburn Rovers, nonetheless, has become a major footballing business. Last season they returned to the Premier League with a desire to extend their capacity to 40,000 seats. The club had adopted a far-sighted managerial ethos, which involves the systematic application of knowledge to its marketing strategies. This involved three different knowledge - partnerships with Lancaster University. These entailed an examination of corporate hospitality, an investigation into the low proportion of ethnic minority fans within the stadium and research into the feasibility of building a 4* hotel in the ground."

http://www.cas.lancs.ac.uk/papers/sport_an...mic_develop.htm

Unfortunately The Riverside isn't the best but perhaps that should stay as a reminder of where we've come from and our history (whilst I sit in the Blackburn End ;) )

The Riverside is just waiting for the Premier League to give terraces the thumbs up :tu:

My "Big mirror in front of the Riverside" idea still wins all arguments for me.

Agreed. Didn't you say that that last year but it was dismissed on the grounds that it would only confuse Bert? This year, with Bert Mk II, it wouldn't be a problem. Just don't drop the thing that's all I'm saying.

Why would Rovers want a new ground? Clubs that have moved from their traditional base don't necessarily attract bigger crowds unless, like arsenal, they already have the fan base but can't expand their current ground to accommodate the people who want to go. Ewood is not hard to get to - the station's not far, buses go past and the access to the motorway for away fans is as good as anywhere else in Blackburn. And at least Ewood has character. All these soulless bowls they build now are what rob the grounds of atmosphere and the pitches have to be relaid year in, year out because they don't get enough light and air. The Riverside is cheap and while people are prepared to sit there, let them. Do think we might shove away fans in the corners of the Jack Walker stand though to help make it more difficult for them to support their teams.

1 thing i hate about the riverside stand is when everyone makes a burst for the exits after 80mins, you can see them all streaming out the sides, it's shocking!

i know the room there at the front of the stand is for disabled access etc but if a new stand were to be built, i'd hope the facilities would be improved for everyone and the stand moved alot closer to the pitch.

1 thing i hate about the riverside stand is when everyone makes a burst for the exits after 80mins, you can see them all streaming out the sides, it's shocking!

i know the room there at the front of the stand is for disabled access etc but if a new stand were to be built, i'd hope the facilities would be improved for everyone and the stand moved alot closer to the pitch.

the reason i beleve which we've had on here before is that there are no corner stands as it allows more sun to help the condition of the grass, pitch etc.

Move the away fans to the Riverside. Why do we keep giving them the pleasure of taking over the Darwen end when we could give them the Riverside.

I can think of two good reasons. Firstly, various clubs bring far more supporters than the Riverside holds. This gives us money, which we sorely need given that our own fans won't show up in great enough numbers to fill the place. Secondly, the Riverside of course provides the cheap seats, and having such a working class population, we need cheap seats to ensure people can afford to come. What would be nice is if we could do something about those blasted pillars!

according to the Sport and Local Econimic Development people (LANCASTER UNI) we were still looking into 'the infamous riverside hotel' in 2001.

"Blackburn Rovers, nonetheless, has become a major footballing business. Last season they returned to the Premier League with a desire to extend their capacity to 40,000 seats. The club had adopted a far-sighted managerial ethos, which involves the systematic application of knowledge to its marketing strategies. This involved three different knowledge - partnerships with Lancaster University. These entailed an examination of corporate hospitality, an investigation into the low proportion of ethnic minority fans within the stadium and research into the feasibility of building a 4* hotel in the ground."

http://www.cas.lancs.ac.uk/papers/sport_an...mic_develop.htm

Although a positive step, sounds like we've saved about enough money to pay one of our high earners for a month each season.

Eddie, you're talking nonsense... it doesn't make sense to re develop one stand but it does make sense to build a whole new ground..... are you sat there with your underpants on your head, two pencils up your nose, and saying wibble!!!!!!

My point was that if e ever felt the need to improve the riverside that, in my opinion, we would be better off looking into building an entirely new, but probably slightly smaller, stadium. I don't actually think that either should be done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.