BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 -0 Liverpool

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is 16,

I think we all guessed that. Very disappointed with the crowd's reaction to Bellamy, he gave us all a great deal of pleasure last year. This is modern football, loyalty is dead, what do you expect? The booing and other jibes were pathetic. He's a fabulous footballer and yesterday was a couple of yards faster than our defence, even after giving each of them two yards start. If we had the chance to sign him in January who amongst you would say no?

This was an important and deserved win for many reasons. We had to get back to winning after the Emirates result, and for once we put in a great performance in front of a good Ewood crowd, please come back for Boro after seeing this Liverpool match. We had more than the one effort mentioned by others with the Liverpool keeper making at least three saves in the first half. Yes, second half we only had one real opportunity, but how many times have we seen this happen at Ewood for the visitors. Liverpool couldn't score despite numerous chances, that's why we have Brad.

Yesterday we were treated to a proper game of football. It was great entertainment, a great result and good performance from Rovers. Now we must beat Boro.

we need 4 points from the next 2 games....minimum!!!!!

knowing the rovers we'll get 2.

Also.....benni mccarthy looking good......not the finished article in this league yet....but he should be ok for 18 goals this season ;)

Yesterday we were treated to a proper game of football. It was great entertainment, a great result and good performance from Rovers. Now we must beat Boro.

We also had a proper referee yesterday

He gave the players gentle reminders who was in charge then disappeared into the background allowing the game flow.

Just watched MOTD.....amazed to see that they didn't bother showing Alonso's lunge at McCarthy. No doubt if Messrs. Savage or Neill had committed that foul it would have been included in the Highlights.

I think we all guessed that. Very disappointed with the crowd's reaction to Bellamy, he gave us all a great deal of pleasure last year. This is modern football, loyalty is dead, what do you expect? The booing and other jibes were pathetic. He's a fabulous footballer and yesterday was a couple of yards faster than our defence, even after giving each of them two yards start. If we had the chance to sign him in January who amongst you would say no?

Voice of reason, Paul. :tu: Personally I hold nothing against Bellamy that I didn't before he became a Rovers player. We got a good season out of him - where his contribution was a major factor in our high finish - and I don't blame him for wanting to go to a club regularly challenging for honours and a Champion's League place. Anyone who thought he would be at Rovers for the long term was deluding themself.

The stay aways must have been impressed by what they saw yesterday. Let's hope that some of them come back for more. A real good match to which both sides contributed.

I too was disappointed with Bellers reception though. He was great for us.

It might not of been a bad investment by that scum Souness but lets not get beyond ourselves. These boys are ###### hot and have been for a while, but what will happen when Tugay and Brad are gone. I just can’t see us being able to replace this quality with quality; its journeymen for us or an unknown player from a lower league. who are we going to get????????????????????????????????????????.

Well for a start Brown looks quite promising; certainly deserves his chance. Then of course if we get Dunn back............??????? (runs for cover).

Voice of reason, Paul. :tu: Personally I hold nothing against Bellamy that I didn't before he became a Rovers player. We got a good season out of him - where his contribution was a major factor in our high finish - and I don't blame him for wanting to go to a club regularly challenging for honours and a Champion's League place. Anyone who thought he would be at Rovers for the long term was deluding themself.

I do agree with what you are both saying, but at the same time when Bellamy says things like he isn't at Rover for the short haul and that there is no clause in the contract for him to leave, you can understand it when people feel let down by him. If he hadn't said anything at all, then I doubt people would have the same feelings for him.

What complete and utter ballcocks. Lucas was an absolute professional today, his commitment was first class and he was fighting for the cause just as much as any other player on the pitch

I read on here that the other day about Hughes having 'lost the dressing room' - I don't think so somehow.

Tugay was again pure genius today. The man is a legend and irreplaceable.

I absolutely agree with everything you say mjs. As for Tugay: perhaps we should "pot" him in Araldite now while we have still got him? :D

Yagh is have a house tonugih

your are a scouser a dirsty scouser your only happy on giro day your mum is stealing your dads drug draaling so please dont tak emy hunb caps away.

whats a result- bveen winding up yhe harrogate reds all night. nerlyu started scrpappingoutside blueline but have they woint the premier leagye have tge chuff.

my mums got a house la la la who nam idbiug2

should stop goinf on internet aftrev d games

I see the "megapint man" has just set a new record! What was it this time; 2 million pints?

We also had a proper referee yesterday

He gave the players gentle reminders who was in charge then disappeared into the background allowing the game flow.

Excellent point Alan; the same thought went through my mind when I was watching it on Sky.

Why can't they ALL be like that? Also (another thought) the two assistants were excellent too. Do they come in a set? :rolleyes:

The morning after the day before :P

Firstly belated seasonal greetings to the scousers who came bearing gifts and I am reliably informed that there were NO stolen cars abandoned around Ewood Park nor were there any reported thefts of cars upto 5 hours after the game finished, there were no car jacking or ram raids either !

Did some one really say that we could only expect a crowd of 20600 ? I went for just over 26500 and what a nice surprise to see nearly 30000 in our ground. Please come again.

The game ? Well in realily we should have been buried in the fist half although every side needs a good goalie and we just happen to have one of the best in the Premiership. Mr Savage knows he should have scored but hey ? who cares this morning ?

The second half saw Ewood erupt on 3 sides just 2 minutes after Rob Styles pulled his whistle from his arse ! Enter TUGAY, a ronaldoesque step over, Gerrard - a seriously top rated midfielder/diver - bamboozled, slide rule pass to a rejuvenated MGP who in turn provide a magnificent cross for Benni to ram it in the net. 1-0 Rovers.

I thought again about the early goal we scored at Arsenal and then what happened in the next 35 minutes or so and condsidered that with Beanpole and gimp Liverpoo had to score. Rafa decided to assist Rovers by taking off beanpole after he had caused havoc in the Rovers rearguard, I saw Rovers defence win only 1 header whilst he was on the pitch ! Enter Kuyt, the blond dutchman. You cannot disagree that he is a totally different type of striker to those of previous Liverpoo teams, he is a grafter with a serious eye for a pas and not least a goal. The gimp continued his battle with the Rovers defence, MGP got stuck in, Lucas was a revelation, the LN of old, Todd and Andre perservered in the middle whilst Bert was an outlet not used enough. Bentley and Savage were being overrun as Liverpoo's formation stretched Rovers across the middle. Tugay was effervescent in his runs, his movement and his guile. Up front Benni and Nonda struggled against a one time 5 man defence, but they toiled effortlessly.

Amongst this one man stood alone. Big Bad BRAD, the Liverpoo reject. Step forward a hero. 9 fantastic saves even when injured he contrived the best save of them all to deny a last gasp equaliser from Alonso. The stress got bad that the gimp was felled twice, someone handballed on purpose and the gimp got booked for mouthing off. Now where have we seen that before ?

Rafa was so naffed of he took the gimp away from his old stomping green baize to stop him from further embarassment. Despite a belated swan dive from Gerrard, referee Styles kept is whistle in his arse and asked for 5 minutes of Fergie time to be added on. he clearly thought that at a packed stadium he was at mould triffid rather than the real theatre of dreams :lol:

So to the final whistle, and again you saw ewood erupt of 3 sides, the Darwen End emptied as fast as thieves running away from the old bill in Toxteth.

3 points in the bag, wham got beat and then Watford suffered at the hands of the Arse. To hear the Sheff U had got beat and Boro drew was yet another belated gift for those wearing Blue and White halves.

So its onto Saturday and the Boro come to town. Can The Rovers secure another vital 3 points ? 3 in the bag takes us to 25, a glut of goals for the team playing Wigan and a 2-0 Rovers win could see us take 11th place and then begin to see us move forwards a little like Spurs. I mention Spurs cause last night at work I listened to Martin Jol making his comments about our beloved BRFC. They were all favourable but pointed out that our recent success in Europe had placed us in the mire due to a lack of depth witin the current squad. Now then what strikes me about that point is that if we can see it and another manager can see it what are BRFC going to do about it ?

The rest of the festive season is set for Rovers. ^ points can take us all out of the misery that has settled itself over Ewood in recent weeks.

Happy New Year fellow Rovers fans :brfc::P

I do agree with what you are both saying, but at the same time when Bellamy says things like he isn't at Rover for the short haul and that there is no clause in the contract for him to leave, you can understand it when people feel let down by him. If he hadn't said anything at all, then I doubt people would have the same feelings for him.

Of course its disappointing, but I don't think it would have done the club any favours had Bellamy confirmed there was a clause (or said "no comment," which is essentially the same thing) or said that he was planning to leave as soon as a better offer came along. It was a rock and a hard place situation, but it wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last time this sort of thing has happened. I'm cynical enough to let it slide, anyway.

The morning after the day before :P

Firstly belated seasonal greetings to the scousers who came bearing gifts and I am reliably informed that there were NO stolen cars abandoned around Ewood Park nor were there any reported thefts of cars upto 5 hours after the game finished, there were no car jacking or ram raids either !

So to the final whistle, and again you saw ewood erupt of 3 sides, the Darwen End emptied as fast as thieves running away from the old bill in Toxteth.

Absolutely delighted with the result, Tugay mellows with age and Brad proves that free transfers can sometimes come good!

Maybe we can ease up on the stereotyping of Liverpudlians, it's not Christmas spirited. Besides Blackburn isn't averse to any of the listed items.

I am, in the meantime, a very happy Blue 'n White. Roll on 'Boro and where's my passport and the Air Berlin timetable.

Absolutely delighted with the result, Tugay mellows with age and Brad proves that free transfers can sometimes come good!

Maybe we can ease up on the stereotyping of Liverpudlians, it's not Christmas spirited. Besides Blackburn isn't averse to any of the listed items.

I am, in the meantime, a very happy Blue 'n White. Roll on 'Boro and where's my passport and the Air Berlin timetable.

calm down calm down ,hub stealing tash faced perm headed tracky wearing robbiefowler dwellers

Yes I understand people feel lied to and let down, on the other hand contrast this with Lucas Neill's position. He tells the club and the support exactly how he feels and, despite being a model professional all season, he has been booed by his own supporters and every miskick or poor pass is interpreted as an attempt to get Rovers relegated. If I found myself in the sdame position as Neill or Bellamy, please God, I know which example I would follow. Ninety minutes of grief or a whole season? Like Bellamy said, many fans don't understand modern football.

I'll ask again, is the goal online anywhere? There's a link to highlights at Roversworld, but those don't work for me :( And nothing on YouTube, unless some genious uploaded it without any of the tags "Blackburn", "Liverpool", "McCarthy", "Pedersen" or even "Tugay".

Great result. Sure the Arsenal game was a disappointment and provoked a rash of numpties asking for Hughes head but only a fool of the highest order would be unhappy for us to glean a 6 point haul out of the last 3 games.

Few gripes though with Rovers overall coaching.

1. 1864 roverite suggested that the midfield was being overrun and it was. Chiefly because we have two lazy arsed strikers who are happy to see the defenders venture up to support their midfield unhindered. Benni is real quality and we can afford one such player to save his energy for the last third of the pitch but Nonda's work ethic is reprehensible. He put himself about when he first came but since Roberts and Jeffers (what IS wrong with him) got injured he is living in his own little comfort zone. I'm not saying that he should be on from the start but Darbyshire certainly did not allow the defenders as much time on the ball once he came on.

2. We continue to make park football level mistakes. We are slow to recognise the opposition taking short corners. Whilst up front our strikers walk about with their heads down whilst the opposition keeper plays continual balls out to his defenders. Years ago we were always expected to walk backwards as goalkicks were being taken in order to not be caught unawares and to 'split' the centre half and the full back thereby preventing the easy pass out option.

3. Covering for team mates. When a winger is 1 on 1 with our full back our current wingers Bentley and MGP do not 'drop' far enough to be able to cover the possibility of the fb's getting skinned.

4. Defending corner kicks is not our strength. A man on each post never happens and it should because time and again the opposition win free headers against us. Maybe if we had a Terry / Hendry / Adams type centre half to win most of the corners then fine but we haven't.

All the above are simple basics, cost nothing and they certainly don't require world class players to carry them out.

Archived