BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Arsenal 2

cn174

Why oh why oh why?? :angry:

Forget the Arsenal bias and their (blatant?) time wasting - its all been seen before and come to be accepted from the so called bigger clubs.

We lost this game before we even kicked off and most of the blame can be laid at Sparky's door - starting Mokoena before Tugay at home is absolutely scandalous. I could understand it at an away game but not at home and especially against the Gooners, because of all games this is probably the one on the fixture calendar that he should be picked for.

Why the defeatism - why the negativity at home - by all accounts we matched them at the Emirates and but for a end of game collapse could probably have got something from the game. We where on an excellent run - maybe not playing as well as we can be yet still a good run, and after the away game according to reports angry about what happened and seeking revenge.

So why where we so poor?? :( - Arsenal didn't even have to get out of first gear and still won with 10 men ( always and still obviously a problem for the Rovers in playing against).

What it did show up ::

We desperately missed Bentley's attacking mindset.

We cannot do without Tugay (at home)

The Limitations of Savage - after the sending off and after his booking he was a non entity.

Bert MK II is much better than Bert I

We miss Todd and Nelson in the middle

We are absolutely rubbish at counter attacking and so labourius in our build up.

Mokoena - simply not good enough - bad decision here Sparky

Another thing that has also had me pondering lately has been OOjer - didn't rate him at first but gave him chance to make good and see what he has to offer - yes he does seem to be quite a classy player but something I have noticed is that he appears to be our weak spot at the back. Don't know what it is but with him there it seems to disrupt the organisation. Now on Saturday I though he was absolutely terrible - every single one of his passes went astray in the first 10 mins and although he was playing at RB there is no excuse.

As per many I thought MGP had a decent enough game just a shame about the rest.

Interesting comment from Bob Flemming as well - was a decent following from Arsenal on Saturday - even at the strange prices, it being on the box and the kick off time - do yo think they knew something about their team?

And last but not least - Henry's goal.... one of the best I have ever seen from the moment our limp attack fell down again :angry: - their players didn't even look up - they just knew where their colleagues would be.

Lets just hope Sparky has learnt something.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not happy. I posted a perfectly reasonable comment on this article which has not been printed although they have seen fit to print the tosh that's there:

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

Gerr into 'em, people. :angry:

Re Capt's comment on Tugay, agree he would have been better played from the start, the pitch had got a bit heavy for him by the time he came on...... and of course once Sav had got carded he drifted out of the game.

Why oh why oh why?? :angry:

Forget the Arsenal bias and their (blatant?) time wasting - its all been seen before and come to be accepted from the so called bigger clubs.

All clubs big and small capt.

Paul...Arse are no better at it than the likes of Bolton and Everton once they are ahead imo. It is a professional tactic! Take a quick free kick from the 80th min on, lose posession and concede an equaliser / winner and everybody is on the teams back for being unprfessional. It's not spectator friendly but when does an away team ever consider the level of entertainment for the home teams fans?

Nothing new, it virtually suited them going down to 10, they just sat & picked us off, if we have taken some of the chances we had (At least 3 good ones) it may have been a bit different, their defence could have wobbled, the main difference (Apart from not being able to match the banjo with the barn door) was Henry, who is still a class above, it was def. over at 2-0.

Okay, time wasting, diving etc, all the same stuff, what made me angry is that 4 defenders & a keeper can't keep an eye on the 1 offensive player from a free kick ! What a soft goal!

It is a professional tactic!

It's not spectator friendly but when does an away team ever consider the level of entertainment for the home teams fans?

And we wonder why crowds are falling.

Arsenal have added their name to the growing list of teams to avoid wasting good money on.

Having said that, the Arsenal I saw at the Emirates played exhilarating attacking football.

Lets remember that we are still looking OK in the table, win our game in hand and could go up to 9th.

Not bad at all when you think that we were just above the drop zone a few weeks ago.

For me, the performance in general wasn't great at all - we lacked urgency and momentum.

The decision by MH to retain Mokeana and Derbyshire in the side after last weeks victory at Everton was very naive. Whilst we played well and got a great result last week, the difference in class between Everton and Arsenal is huge and that showed. Despite last weeks win, both Derbyshire and Mokeana should have dropped to the bench for the Arsenal game.

Hopefully this is just a one off, and normal service will resume shortly.

After analysing yesterday's performance and lack of cutting edge, perhaps a reasonably fit David Dunn in midfield might not be too bad an addition after all.

I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised Tugay didn't start. It was wellying down with rain, and the ground was far too heavy for him (as we saw when he came on). The real problem is that Mokoena isn't good enough and there isn't anyone else. If there was, THAT would have been the best move! Playing Tugay on Saturday was just plain silly! To put it mildly, I'd rather have mokoena injured than Tugay.

I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised Tugay didn't start. It was wellying down with rain, and the ground was far too heavy for him (as we saw when he came on). The real problem is that Mokoena isn't good enough and there isn't anyone else. If there was, THAT would have been the best move! Playing Tugay on Saturday was just plain silly! To put it mildly, I'd rather have mokoena injured than Tugay.

What a load of ball sacks

What was rather silly was playing Mokoena.

Its far harder to come onto an already cut up pitch even more rain lashed than at the beginning - coming on as a sub is bad enough - coming on as sub then trying to master the conditions even before getting upto speed is even harder - no matter how old somebody is

Don't seem to remember Tugay falling over either on a far more stickier pitch.

What a load of ball sacks

What was rather silly was playing Mokoena.

Its far harder to come onto an already cut up pitch even more rain lashed than at the beginning - coming on as a sub is bad enough - coming on as sub then trying to master the conditions even before getting upto speed is even harder - no matter how old somebody is

Don't seem to remember Tugay falling over either on a far more stickier pitch.

Fully Agree Capt, Whilst I can see what Jan is saying in that we don't wish for Tugay to get injured, what he seems to be suggesting is that as the weather was awful and we are playing a top side, we may as well let this game go and not bother putting out our strongest side, sureley not? Agree that the Axe is not good enough in centre midfield, so maybe we should take a risk on Dunn, hopefully Dunn will be fit for the few games when Tugay needs a rest - hopefully Tugay will only need a rest twice then :lol:

I still maintain that the inclusion of Mokeana and Derbsyhire was done, very naiveley, on the back of last weeks win at Everton.

I am not happy. I posted a perfectly reasonable comment on this article which has not been printed although they have seen fit to print the tosh that's there:

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

Do you have a copy of what you posted? I would be happy to submit a comment using your main points, incorporated into my own writing of course.

EDIT: My train of thought on this is that if enough of us say essentially the same thing over and over again, then they might sit up and take notice.

Kapt Kaos-It was I that commented on the away following on Saturday-I just though it was amazing, the biggest turn out from Arsenal ever. An Arse mate of mine from Chorley paid on the day, which is good (except he moaned about the £36, but hey he's from Chorley). Arsenal have played at Liverpool twice in the last week too, I guess those matches weren't cheap either. If they all paid £36 each, then the club were probably justified in making it an A++ Platinum game or whatever they call it. Bit quiet though, but our lot didn't sing much to be fair either.

And I repeat, MH should have started Nonda and Tugay.

A game we could have easily won, didn't and we have to start another run again.

Looking at the remaining home games, we have a genuine chance of not loosing another match at Ewood this season.

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

I've just had a go posting, making the point that there are no comments from Rovers fans, so let's see how I get on.....

I couldnt really be bothered writing anything since Saturday except taht now I feel tht Lucas has played his final act in a blue and white shirt.

the lad saw fit to heighten his everglowing defensive reputation by gifting the arse a free kick from which they closed the game off.

Please go NOW rather than later.

This season you have singlehandedly cost Rovers somewhere in the region of 10 points, however, I will also accept that you got us through to top spot in the eufa cup.

Lucas Rovers have shown you the way forward taking you from the depths to the top. You on the other hand have shown little loyalty and your defensive displays this season are nowhere along the previous 4 years.

So goodbye and for me good riddance. Now Rovers can get on with the job and make their way up the league.

oh, finally and its not sour grapes. Get used to the bench. You think you can go into the Liverpol team and ge the shirt ? Forget it your too dangerous for them to include you every game. You give too much away and on your form this season you will be lucky to wear the shirt 10 times a season.

OH yes weren't Arsenal calss ? Just a real pity Rovers didnt take their chances as we were really made to pay for it.

No regrets, Rovers were given a true footballing lesson

Kapt Kaos-It was I that commented on the away following on Saturday

Nope - sorry OJ but I only had x1 pint of Guinness and it was definitely Fleming... unless of course you are a distant misplaced doppelganger :P

Anyway , I don't know whther it was just me or not but I found the game extremely boring for some reason.

The thing that really annoys me is the fact that we had a back four consisting of 4 players who have all played at centre half plus a midfielder who came to the club as a centre half plus a TWO man advantage in defending the free kick and they score with a header from a player who was an obvious target for the cross ball !!!!!!!!!

Do you have a copy of what you posted? I would be happy to submit a comment using your main points, incorporated into my own writing of course.

EDIT: My train of thought on this is that if enough of us say essentially the same thing over and over again, then they might sit up and take notice.

Don't have a copy. Probably didn't like me pointing out categorically about Arsenal cheating (diving and time wasting etc) and why do they need to with such talented players. Also said I had a good sight of the incident and Rob was definitely kicked by Gilberto and praised Rob for trying to stop the red card. In truth there wasn't anything worse that what has been said since but what's the use? (notice the look on Gilberto's face as he is falling - nice bit of acting, that). Oh well, we'll live to fight another day :tu:

Nope - sorry OJ but I only had x1 pint of Guinness and it was definitely Fleming... unless of course you are a distant misplaced doppelganger :P

Anyway , I don't know whther it was just me or not but I found the game extremely boring for some reason.

No it wasn't just you who found the game boring. I too thought it resembled a game at the reebok or the city of Manchester more than the kind of game we expect at Ewood. I said to my husband that i'd far rather have been beaten by more goals (although I know it's awful for our goal difference) but have seen a committed performance from Rovers than seen the feeble performance we did put in. I keep hearing people say we created enough chances to win but none of them were the kind of clear cut chances we seem to need. I think we need a striker who can really head the ball because too often our chances seem to be headers and we don't seem to really have anyone capable.

Don't have a copy. Probably didn't like me pointing out categorically about Arsenal cheating (diving and time wasting etc) and why do they need to with such talented players. Also said I had a good sight of the incident and Rob was definitely kicked by Gilberto and praised Rob for trying to stop the red card. In truth there wasn't anything worse that what has been said since but what's the use? (notice the look on Gilberto's face as he is falling - nice bit of acting, that). Oh well, we'll live to fight another day :tu:

They don't like to give you enough to work with in terms of length, do they? had to cut out half of what I wanted to say, but I posted something, so there you go.

Nice to see they observe the legal niceties by publishing someone's comment which accuses Savage of "assault". Good one.

It's not spectator friendly but when does an away team ever consider the level of entertainment for the home teams fans?

And we wonder why crowds are falling.

Arsenal have added their name to the growing list of teams to avoid wasting good money on.

Having said that, the Arsenal I saw at the Emirates played exhilarating attacking football.

err..... Doesn't that precisely validate my point aggy? :blink:

The thing that really annoys me is the fact that we had a back four consisting of 4 players who have all played at centre half plus a midfielder who came to the club as a centre half plus a TWO man advantage in defending the free kick and they score with a header from a player who was an obvious target for the cross ball !!!!!!!!!

Good point.

I couldnt really be bothered writing anything since Saturday except taht now I feel tht Lucas has played his final act in a blue and white shirt.

the lad saw fit to heighten his everglowing defensive reputation by gifting the arse a free kick from which they closed the game off.

This season you have singlehandedly cost Rovers somewhere in the region of 10 points, however, I will also accept that you got us through to top spot in the eufa cup.

Lucas Rovers have shown you the way forward taking you from the depths to the top. You on the other hand have shown little loyalty and your defensive displays this season are nowhere along the previous 4 years.

So goodbye and for me good riddance. Now Rovers can get on with the job and make their way up the league.

oh, finally and its not sour grapes. Get used to the bench. You think you can go into the Liverpol team and ge the shirt ? Forget it your too dangerous for them to include you every game. You give too much away and on your form this season you will be lucky to wear the shirt 10 times a season.

OH yes weren't Arsenal calss ? Just a real pity Rovers didnt take their chances as we were really made to pay for it.

:blink: eh? Who are you talking to 1864?

btw mind taking that lemon out of your mouth before you reply? :)

Senseless Tripe.

A better question would be why are we playing a well touted right back out of position at left back when we have two left backs in the squad. This is meaning we are then playing a centre half (and not a very quick one) at right back.

The fact the right back couldnt get forward at all, and the left back cant cross with his left foot seriously limited our attacking play down the flanks.

Say what you like about Neil but going forward and overlapping he can be very effective. Our best chance was created by him charging into the box. However playing him at left back seriously limits him in this capacity.

Just got back home after a weekend back in Blackburn. Bradley really enjoyed his self at the match even though we lost. Still tickles me when at half time he said, Mokoena was rubbish mummy, when's Tugay coming on. Out of the mouths of 8 year olds :rolleyes::rolleyes: Thought we went to pot when Gilberto was sent off. Why is it we can never play against 10 men? Thought Lilly made the most of the challange (yet again) when will he learn? As the saying goes, onwards and upwards. I am sure we will redeem ourselves against City.

Never made it into the Radio Rovers studio as stupid me forgot to put the phone number into my mobile :huh::huh: Ah well maybe next time.

Maybe aggy.

Anyway a final point to the arsenal detracters. Set aside the time wasting by Lehman and Fabregas's histrionics and imo Arsenal worked harder and their players ran into space earlier and better than us and they tracked back and closed our players down better than any other visiting team this year with the notable exception of Man Utd.

How many times is this highlighted on MotD when commentators eulogise gushingly about top teams?

AND before any dismiss this point......how many times did they say the same about us in the early/mid 90's?

Make no mistake there is a strong connection between effort and results!

btw Paul. Did you go to Everton away in the 94-95 season? :rolleyes:

Maybe aggy.

Anyway a final point to the arsenal detracters. Set aside the time wasting by Lehman and Fabregas's histrionics and imo Arsenal worked harder and their players ran into space earlier and better than us and they tracked back and closed our players down better than any other visiting team this year with the notable exception of Man Utd.

How many times is this highlighted on MotD when commentators eulogise gushingly about top teams?

AND before any dismiss this point......how many times did they say the same about us in the early/mid 90's?

Make no mistake there is a strong connection between effort and results!

btw Paul. Did you go to Everton away in the 94-95 season? :rolleyes:

1st time ive turned pc on since sunday...so no idea on transfers or anything..not bought a paper or watched footy....so no idea whats happened since..

couldnt agree mor how the hell the german wasnt booked for time wasting and nearly starting a riot by standing in front of the blackburn end and gesticulating to the rovers fans is beyond me(yes i know everyone was giving him stick but he gets thousands of pounds to ignore this(does sav jump in the crowd and take the pish) and as for that acting little scumbag never seen owt like it ,I thought he'd broke his leg ,what a magig sponge that was.arsehole whinger and henry saying the red was harsh?why? you lash out your off ,well thats the rules us smaller clubs get issued with i know there different for the big 4.

JUST GLAD THEY HAD ONLY HAD 10 MEN ... we were pathetic on saturday and they were awsome...but if the ax is a thing to come if tugs retires then god help us...i know who id prefer in dunny and the ax .

ah w well catch up time

Archived