BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Rovers 3

colin

Is Nelsen gonna be back for this game?

If not, anyone know when he'll be back?

Rovers have line up a few behind-close-doors games over the next couple of weeks which will be used to get Jason Roberts and Ryan Nelsen back to first team action. Nelsen have been training with the first team for a couple of weeks now, but haven't been allowed to sprint flat out untill this week (or quite recently). Reid said in an interview with Rovers World that there is a friendly set up against Rangers tomorrow, so I guess Nelsen might get some action then. Don't know anything about Roberts recovery, but he is probably around the same stage as Nelsen is and Reidy was..I reckon we'll have both Nelsen and Roberts back the before end of the month

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Bentley back in the team I would think Rovers can win this one.

it will be a long drawn out 90 minutes but see a Rovers win 1-0 :brfc:

Its funny how this time last season it would have been, 'with Bentley in the team I think we will lose this one'.

Looking forward to this one. It should be a good game and hopefully Benni Mac will get back to scoring ways. Seem to expect him to score in every game now.

Rovers to Win 2-0

Rovers have line up a few behind-close-doors games over the next couple of weeks which will be used to get Jason Roberts and Ryan Nelsen back to first team action. Nelsen have been training with the first team for a couple of weeks now, but haven't been allowed to sprint flat out untill this week (or quite recently). Reid said in an interview with Rovers World that there is a friendly set up against Rangers tomorrow, so I guess Nelsen might get some action then. Don't know anything about Roberts recovery, but he is probably around the same stage as Nelsen is and Reidy was..I reckon we'll have both Nelsen and Roberts back the before end of the month

Cheers pks

Nobody need panic if they aint got a ticket yet... I have just been down to the TO and bought 4. To quote the guy at the counter "Even though we only had 1680 tickets, we have hardly sold any"

Is that embarrassing or what?

Where is everyone?

Does everyone buy their tickets at the last minute?

Weird?

:huh:

Nobody need panic if they aint got a ticket yet... I have just been down to the TO and bought 4. To quote the guy at the counter "Even though we only had 1680 tickets, we have hardly sold any"

Where is everyone?

Weird?

Nope

Just not going to this one. No enthusiasm for it. Going to Watford and Chelsea, but just can't muster up the zing for this one. Haven't been since Maine Road which was a scary place full of crowds of nasties hanging arond outside the away end. Which didn't help.

The new stadium is a cold, soul-less concrete place. Stewards forcing our lot to sit when in the next block City fans were standing blocking our view (didn't want to stand anyway but object to there being one rule for us and one for them). One visit was sufficient, ta very much.

Haven't been since Maine Road which was a scary place full of crowds of nasties hanging arond outside the away end. Which didn't help.

and that was just Abbey :P (sorry Abs couldn't resist!!)

Was still much better then Jan

An impressive stadium (but even the Citeh fans are not taken with with it) , yet is as Roversmum posts.

The K/O time doesn't help either

Where is everyone?

Weird?

Not quite - Rovers fans are boycotting in sympathy to Notlob and the decreased Citeh turnout at their place, in the hope that they will reduce prices at the Freezeblock when we visit (or not as the case may be) :D

and that was just Abbey :P (sorry Abs couldn't resist!!)

Was still much better then Jan

An impressive stadium (but even the Citeh fans are not taken with with it) , yet is as Roversmum posts.

The K/O time doesn't help either

Not quite - Rovers fans are boycotting in sympathy to Notlob and the decreased Citeh turnout at their place, in the hope that they will reduce prices at the Freezeblock when we visit (or not as the case may be) :D

I dont get this - why would we boycott the City game because they did not turn up at Boltoff? Surely us not turning up at Boltoff as well would be a stronger statement...........? <_<

Tele or not, its down the road, a good chance for 3 points and a shindig in Manchester afterwards!!

I dont get this - why would we boycott the City game because they did not turn up at Boltoff? Surely us not turning up at Boltoff as well would be a stronger statement...........? <_<

Tele or not, its down the road, a good chance for 3 points and a shindig in Manchester afterwards!!

Come on PP get upto speed ... there's a smiley at the end (See Boycott Notlob thread) - its a jest

Sorry Capt - Missed that!

Must learn to read the posts PROPERLY!!

PP

No worries

but just to add ... I am not going either

1. my stand on price of tickets added to the fact I am skint

2. Hate these k/o times even at home games.

And no I won't be watching it on TV either.

No worries

but just to add ... I am not going either

1. my stand on price of tickets added to the fact I am skint

2. Hate these k/o times even at home games.

And no I won't be watching it on TV either.

It is the sh*ttest time to have a kick off - I agree.

Lookin forward to a few beers round the Kingdom of Manchester though...

I usually prefer these kick off times to the 12.45 ones, obviously 3 being the best. It means I can have a lie-in and get into town for midday to watch the Liverpool Chelsea and have a few beers in town. As for price I cannot see anything wrong with £27 in fact it's a bargain compared to a lot of grounds these days.

I usually prefer these kick off times to the 12.45 ones, obviously 3 being the best. It means I can have a lie-in and get into town for midday to watch the Liverpool Chelsea and have a few beers in town. As for price I cannot see anything wrong with £27 in fact it's a bargain compared to a lot of grounds these days.

Good idea! I forgot the pool v chelsk game was on. A few beers in Manc town & then onward for 3 points!!

Going to be tricky, plumping for a 2-0 defeat. Just get the defeat vibe with this one!

Will be in the lakes at the weekend, anybody know of a pub or hotel that has the power of sky sports footage in the Penrith area? Missing it would be a disaster :o

It is the sh*ttest time to have a kick off - I agree.

I actually like the 5.15 kick off times on a Saturday.

Gives you the whole day to get stuff done then 7.15 is a very civilised time to enter the Pub to commence the evening's entertainment! :P

As for the game, 1-2.

I actually like the 5.15 kick off times on a Saturday.

Gives you the whole day to get stuff done then 7.15 is a very civilised time to enter the Pub to commence the evening's entertainment! :P

As for the game, 1-2.

That sounds great. Problem for us is that we are getting to Manc around 12! A simple equation would be:

Manc at 12 = 4.5 hours of beer = 8 pints>+ no food=get to ground but forget to watch the game=back into Manc + 4 more hours beer time = last train home +/- Barzooka +/- jazzy kex +/- sleep = wake up sunday and read the paper to check the score!!

;)

Not sure if the same applies this weekend, but went to Manchester last weekend and there were no trains direct from Manchester to Blackburn due to railworks.

Anyway, I see another thrilling 0-0, same score at half time.

Archived