BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Turf Moor Is Falling Down........

Gav

Might as well do this here, from tonight's LET

"Burnley fans' last chance to buy a half season ticket ends this weekend. In the special 10-game deal, which includes today's home game against Norwich City, prices start at £45 for a junior, which equates to £3 per game.........."

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

found this. not turf moor but wow.

http://www.break.com/index/windy_soccer_game.html

Isn't that the game, where diving in Europe originated??

:lol:

Here in all seriousness.

Could Burnley get themselves in diffs with the FA as they've had 2 games postponed this season? Surely there's not a lot they can do with the weather, but should be able to prevent their pitch suffering with the weather conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Burnley's David Fishwick (Cricket Field) Stand will remain closed for the forseable future after suffering storm damage earlier this month.

The immediate games affected are Burnley v Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, February 10 and Burnley v Leicester City on Tuesday, February 20.

Burnley supporters with season tickets for the Jimmy McIlroy Stand (lower tier) will need to be re-housed.

A club spokesman said: "The club is trying to contact all affected supporters but it is sometimes difficult complying with visiting hours

However, they should note that a ticket transfer will again be put in place for these games for day release cases.

As per the recent home game against Stoke City, all season ticket holders and matchday ticket holders for the Jimmy McIlroy Stand (lower tier) must therefore exchange their vouchers for a ticket in the James Hargreaves Stand upper or lower tiers, at no extra cost, but a contribution would be most welcome.

The two Adult season ticket holders can be transferred to the Jimmy McIlroy Stand upper tier, but only with a juvenile as this is the designated Family Stand.

Season ticket holders affected are respectfully asked to try to exchange their tickets at the Turf Moor ticket office in advance of these games in order to avoid standing out like a sore thumb on matchday.

However, we appreciate that some supporters are unable to make the journey in advance, due to probation logistics, and to facilitate this ticket exchange, they are asked to call the ticket office on 0870 443 1914.

On matchday for both games, ahead of kick off, there will again be a separate ticket exchange point in operation at the Turf Moor Business Centre reception this should reduce demand as no body knows where it is

There is no new date arranged for the postponed Norwich City match as we thought of conceding the match.

Ticket details for this game will be announced if a new date is confirmed."

:lol::lol:

However, we appreciate that some supporters are unable to make the journey in advance, due to probation logistics, and to facilitate this ticket exchange, they are asked to call the ticket office on 0870 443 1914.

On matchday for both games, ahead of kick off, there will again be a separate ticket exchange point in operation at the Turf Moor Business Centre reception this should reduce demand as no body knows where it is

:lol::lol:

:D:brfc::D

Rovers fans with slighly longer memories would recall the demise of the Riverside. First the Riverside stand was closed (shame - great view) as the foundations were unsafe, then, as the roof became unsafe, the entire terrace was closed - I remember having to watch tha Palace play-off first leg from the Darwen End Enclosure. The Cricket Field stand was infinitely far ahead of anything we had at the time.

Chortle away at Burnley's troubles, but we've been there, and there will also come a day when the Blackburn End starts to age but without an Uncle Jack to rebuild it.

Rovers fans with slighly longer memories would recall the demise of the Riverside. First the Riverside stand was closed (shame - great view) as the foundations were unsafe, then, as the roof became unsafe, the entire terrace was closed - I remember having to watch tha Palace play-off first leg from the Darwen End Enclosure. The Cricket Field stand was infinitely far ahead of anything we had at the time.

Chortle away at Burnley's troubles, but we've been there, and there will also come a day when the Blackburn End starts to age but without an Uncle Jack to rebuild it.

I used to stand on the riverside when it was closed, I also worked with some Dingles at the time and they were merciless, every dog has its day Exiled in Toronto!

Are we talking Baboon or Ape house chester zoo ?

Tough call ribblesdale :lol::lol::lol:

Just by the way and not that it matters much, but which match at Ewood are the natives of Dingle Dell still celebrating their solitary goal in a match they lost anyway? And when did this sacred event in their theology take place?

I did think this was funny though :). I suppose they need a sense of humour in these dark days

"It does make me laugh though.

- We say how much Blackburn Supporters come onto our board.

- They respond by saying it's more popular because we don't have jobs to go to."

Just by the way and not that it matters much, but which match at Ewood are the natives of Dingle Dell still celebrating their solitary goal in a match they lost anyway? And when did this sacred event in their theology take place?

Is nobody going to enlighten me? :unsure:

Archived