SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford 2-1 Rovers

Ozz

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a reaction on Saturday badly.

Right now I wouldnt mind getting knocked out on Saturday. We need to concentrate on the Prem and getting those points and not forgetting europe. Obviously, I am not going to be chearing for Luton but I really dont think we can last in all competitions :(

I think people are overdoing the doom and gloom. Our team isnt just Sav, there are 10 other players who if they perform to their abilities, can make us win games.

But, and heres the big condition, Savage needs to be replaced, and it has to be somebody, not coming on a trial.

Smertins going for 1 million, Diop for 5. Sidwell might be available too. Take your pick. The board better back Sparky.

I think people are overdoing the doom and gloom. Our team isnt just Sav, there are 10 other players who if they perform to their abilities, can make us win games.

But, and heres the big condition, Savage needs to be replaced, and it has to be somebody, not coming on a trial.

Smertins going for 1 million, Diop for 5. Sidwell might be available too. Take your pick. The board better back Sparky.

Do you not think we have already spent up with Dunn and Warnock - I know Neil went the out but not for much.

I think irrespective of whether we have spent our budget or not, which if we have is VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING that we had close to nothing to begin with, the board MUST bring out some money from under their pillows to buy a replacement.

Its a MUST. We cant go through the season with Dunn, Tugay and Mokoena fighting for two places, especially with Tugays age, Dunns possible slight knocks and the fact that Mokoena doesnt know how to play football.

I think irrespective of whether we have spent our budget or not, which if we have is VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING that we had close to nothing to begin with, the board MUST bring out some money from under their pillows to buy a replacement.

Its a MUST. We cant go through the season with Dunn, Tugay and Mokoena fighting for two places, especially with Tugays age, Dunns possible slight knocks and the fact that Mokoena doesnt know how to play football.

maybe the tooth fairy has been ;)

i agree with your post though, we are desperate now.

i think if the money is not available, surely a loan signing would be a good idea.

The game was complete rubbish - how can we play like we did at City and Everton (with a weaker team) and then put a shocking performance like that in?!! It was absolutely unreal. Watford could have been out of sight by half time, then we managed to pull one back. I then thought Hughes will rollock them at half time and we'll come out actually playing football, using the wings and passing to feet. How wrong I was.... we had no cohesion at all, anywhere on the pitch. Mokoena was absolute utter GARBAGE. What has he dont to justify a 3 and a half year deal? I thought maybe I could have been too harsh on him so last night I watched him solely for 5 minutes. Dear me - he didnt mark a player, kept drifting into centre defence, leaving a massive gaping hole in midfield and couldnt pass one single ball straight.

Abysmal. Just to add to our fantastic night at Vicarage Road, Savage suffers a horror tackle and breaks his leg - who on earth have we got to replace him in the centre? Nobody. We need to buy someone asap to replace him because after last night I never ever want to see Mokoena in a Rovers shirt again. It was embarrassing how bad he was. Jay McEveley showed just why Hughes has persisted with playing Michael Gray last night - he got murdered down that wing. How long can a player live / get picked on one game (against United about 4 years ago).

Angry (and tired)

:rover: tomorrow is the bannana skin,we slip on it usually :blink::brfc:

:rover: i hate being right,but backed watford at 2/1,we were never at the races,the game was 25 minutes old before i knew savage was playing,and nonda is the black ASHLEY WARD :brfc:

Jeez louise, Sounds like a few people on here have decided there is no reason to live any more! It's one game, we always lose to crud teams. Especially the ones that cant get a win for love nor money! We'll give Luton a kicking, lose against Chelsea, Beat Sheffield, lose to Everton, Beat Leverkusen at home and go through. Then we'll beat Pompey, West Ham and Notlob. Thats my prediction. Smile :)

Do you not think we have already spent up with Dunn and Warnock - I know Neil went the out but not for much.

We are probably about 500k to £1m down...

OUT

£1m up front for Dunn

£1.5m for Warnock

IN

£1.8m for Neill

based on "best guesses" though of course.

:rover: i hate being right,but backed watford at 2/1,we were never at the races,the game was 25 minutes old before i knew savage was playing,and nonda is the black ASHLEY WARD :brfc:

already named him the black grabbi....he is awful.

the team was awful...oh well blip gone .

next

Well after a 400 mile round trip I can honestly say that has got to be one of the worst performances I've seen in recent times.

Watford were nothing more than your average pub team and we just couldn't cope with the long ball over the top, school boy stuff.

Henchoz was murdered time after time and Emerton was just plain awful. The Axe can't pass or head a ball and Nonda may as well have been a cardboard cutout for all he contributed. Morton and Bentley did ok and Benni just oozes class at time but far too many players didn't turn up and that's just not good enough.

As for Savage, well that's just a massive blow; the ref was telling him to get up!

Let’s hope Hughes can get someone in on loan to sure up the midfield because it’s going to be a long hard season if not. I doubt we have the money to buy a replacement and Dunny isn't the answer.

All credit to the 700 or so Rovers fans that made the trip, pity the other 11 in Blue and white didn't bother turning up........

Neill and Warnock most likely went and came cancelling each other out and Dunn we should have paid about 750k up front as Bolton were quoted to have agreed with Brum.

Also, Matteo left the club, but Gally and Derbs signed improved contracts. Take all that in, and I dont think we have lost more than about 1 million pounds. Consider that in the summer we had a net negative spending of a couple million then it becomes clear that we are really being cautious with spending and I doubt we have money "stashed" away somewhere. :(

We need investment in the side obviously. However I'll believe it when I see it. The judgement of the powers that be has to be questioned when a carthorse like Mokoena is given a contract extension. Clearly he is considered good enough and the chances are he will retain his place.

The lack of backing Hughes has received has been hugely disappointing. Yes two players have arrived but frankly they lack either the pedigree or the fitness to make a meaningful impression on the team.

Should have known better myself waggy - as I posted earlier in th thread I probably put the Kibosh on it by putting us to win in a double with Luton.

Looks like again you have to look at Sparky for the mess and playing Mokoena , and yet again conceding headed goals (even from our own players) .

I am not into this bollux of Tugay can't play two games in a week - we need him and that's good enough for me - if he tires in the game then take him off, but he must start unless injured.

As I said in the Arsenal game - we appear to have got Bert MK1 back and what was he doing anyway finding the net with his head - any headers he gets near the opponents net and they end up in the North Sea , one near our own nets and its in the back of net.

Savage may not be my favourite player but his loss is a major blow, but as many have said a forage into the transfer market is needed for at least one central midfielder.

Welcome back ROVERS

As I said in the Arsenal game - we appear to have got Bert MK1 back and what was he doing anyway finding the net with his head - any headers he gets near the opponents net and they end up in the North Sea , one near our own nets and its in the back of net.

I thought this too. That was probably the first header that he's got to in our box this season (the rest he's just lost his marker) and he nuts it into his own net.

I'm obviously not just blaming him though-just a possible thought that his defensive qualities are perhaps not good enough at times, which might explain why Ooijer looked like being our right back until...

Fair play to the fans that went, I was cringing just watching the hour highlights from my bedroom.

We need to replace Sav in order to rescue the season. Go all out for Sidwell, he's out of contract in the summer so shouldn't go for big money.

That's a very good shout.

This result should just have been a blip. With the loss of yet another key player it could be the start of a very tough period for Rovers.

Don't despair people, we have been down in the dumps before and Hughesy has turned it round! The Bolton defeat was absolutely gutting but we went on our little run. If we lose every couple of months to a poor team and then go on a four game winning run then that will do for me!

However, if Savage is definitely out for the season then Hughes needs to act in the transfer market while he still can.

Bentley

Tugay

Mokoena - please god no

Dunn

Reid

These are really our only options in central midfield without Savage, and Dunn and Reid aren't even fit. We have a lot of games still to go, and I'm sure everyone connected with the club yearns for that elusive UEFA/FA Cup run aswell. I'd bring in this Samba guy as back-up, but also bring in another all-round midfielder to plug the gap.

I'm thinking Alan Smith on loan till the end of the season? We need someone with proven quality and Savage's enthusiasm (I miss him already) but someone who obviously isn't going to break the bank. I'm thinking a loan deal may be the only answer.

Disgusting 'challenge' from Bangura on Sav, went right over the top of the ball for the second time in quick succession. I know he shouldn't expect much sympathy from oppo fans but for the Watford fans to mock him with 'Cheerio, Cheerio' when being stretchered off was pathetic.

Archived