BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford 2-1 Rovers

Ozz

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds a very poor effort by everyone in a Rovers shirt and we deserve our defeat.

I genuinely feel sorry for the supporters who have travelled to Watofrd and face a harsh journey home after watching the tripe served up tonight.

We have missed chances and given two daft goals away. It sounds like a serious lack of creativity and picking up of two more injuries with Savage and McCarthy.

Note that Rovers play Bolton at LFA HQ Leyland, nelsen, Roberts and Jeffers all down to play.

ko 7pm

Big blow and as usual we are the team to break peoples ducks. Watfords second win of the season and obviously we were on the receiving end.

We were poor from start to finish except for the first 15 or so minutes of the second half until Benni went off.

Everyone was poor other than Zurab and Bentley. Below par and we undid the hard work at the City game.

We have now lost to each of the bottom three away from home and drawn at Sheff Utd, so thats an awful record without which we could have easily been about 6-7 points better off.

Injury to Savage looked bad and I fear the worst and we would need a good defensive midfielder and Im sure Hendrie isnt the answer.

I must mention that Bert had a stinker and so did Mokoena and Nonda was back to his worst.

I'm not even faintly surprised by the result, I'd been discounting the game in hand as an advantage to us from the minute it got postponed.

Aye, some people were already counting it as three points, or if not were basically counting on it. Hell no.

Bentley has been by far our best player. We have been let down by not passing the ball around. Watford have done their homework by exposing us at set pieces and via the long ball. It's a deserved victory for them.

Archived