BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Blackburn

ihtd

If we had not got the two penalties though, I really can't see where the goals were going to come from on today's show.

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this. Apart from Bentley and MGP we didn't create many opportiunities, and I've heard a few comments that both were needless penalties. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Benni was lucky with the second, he put it in the exact same spot as the first when a good blast straight down the middle might have been a better option. I watched in the pub, :huh: and thought it was a reasonably open game, better than I'd been expecting - those who went to the Reebok seem to have seen a less entertaining game. Once Bolton scored I thought the equaliser was coming, the offside decision was correct but very tight. An excellent piece of work from the linesman but how often do we see those given the other way?

Overall an excellent result, marred only by Tottenham's late winner, but I can't help but feel we will have to create and take more chances on Saturday if we are to finish off City at the first time of asking.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand what you are saying but Bolton closed us down very well and are very good defensively, especially at home. Aren't we the third or fourth team to get all three points there? Bentley and Roberts should both have scored as well as the penalties.

Bentley wasn't his usual best and maybe the players had (wrongly) one eye on Sunday. Hopefully all the players will be on form and up for it on Sunday.

Very efficient and workmanlike performance today - until they scored they never really threatened us.

Thought Brad should have done better with their goal and he was almost also embarrassed by the disallowed effort - thankfully we got the benefit of a marginal offside - we seem to be going through a phase of the season where we're getting a very good rub of the green with referee's decisions.

Thought Nelsen, Warnock and Dunn (what a transformation in him) were excellent.

6th place suddenly looks very attainable.

Mind you, Bolton, Everton, Portsmouth, Reading, Spurs and Newcastle will be thinking exactly the same.

Don't forget that somebody out of there has to get 5th also :rolleyes:

This is a big result. Our record against Bolton has not been great.

Funny you should say that, we must have one of the best records at the Breezeblock.

We lost our first game there in Feb 2000 and have played 8 times there without losing!

Record - P8 W3 D5 L0 F12 A7

It's at home we're crap against them! In the same period we've only beaten them once at home!

Record - P8 W1 D4 L3 F8 A8

Weird. :blink:

6th place suddenly looks very attainable.

Mind you, Bolton, Everton, Portsmouth, Reading, Spurs and Newcastle will be thinking exactly the same.

Absolutely. As I was thinking the other week, we needed about 7 wins, but could see us getting 18 points at most (win all the home games plus at Fulham, but lose the other away games). Yesterday's win was the "other" win.

So what about the opposition?

Bolton have found some terrible form at the pointy end of the season, but probably have enough of a lead to scrape through for 5th/6th.

Everton have a good chance, despite losing Cahill

Portsmouth have suffered a dip in form to rival Bolton - I think they'll finish below us

Reading I've been waiting for their bottle to go all season and think it's too late now - they could make it

Spurs my favourites for 5th (esp as they've got "Can't win in London Rovers" to come)

Newcastle too far behind but getting some of their first team back - stuff logic though, just a big naah! :)

I haven't looked at the others' run-ins but can't imagine anyone's got an easier one than us. The last two 6th place finishes have been terrific acheivements and if we do again it this season it'll be another huge accoplishment for the boys!

Simon :brfc:

Great performance, made sweeter by them not spotting the offside flag, I thought they were a poor team and we played well at the back, our set pieces (As long as pens aren't classed as such) were shocking, I thought MGP had it in for someone in the crowd.

I think the piggies have been found out, their midfield has been at the oggy wagon far too much and they are getting on, their defence is dodgy and the front 2 can't do it all themselves, esp. when on the end of 60-70 yard punts.

I thought the atmosphere (Apart from our end) was shocking, the most appropriate chant was "It's like being in Church" which went down well.

Great to see them leaving early having a moan, look on Fat Sam's face after he saw the flag.......................... PRICELESS!

Well played Rovers, deserved victory.

Oh, well done Zulu, although hope your team continue to bomb below us.

p.s. No to the rivals poll, only rivals we can have are in Lancashire (la la la...)

:lol::rover:

Evening cousins.

Just thought I'd pay a flyer just to sort of put things straight.

Yes, Tis the Tangodancer. I'm the one who did the Dingles preview, just banter without malice. You won't find any insulting "inbred" or family references in there, not even any foul language (not my style at all). Just enjoy a dig at the opposition (except if its Man U, West Ham or the Scousers), then it might be a bit tastier.

Can't be quite as kind as friend Zulu about the game. Went pretty much as I predicted; two similar sides killing each other off in the main. We gave the penalties, you said thank you kindly and took them. That apart I can only remember a couple of wild shots and a couple of equally wild free kicks from you. End of day we got what our carelessness deserved, so no hard feelings. As for rivalry, we don't have rivals, we're a team alone. Also, we are red-rose (Lancs) boys till we die, despite what some petty council officials from Mingchester together with the Royal Mail might think.

Don't think you'll catch us this time, but who knows. Put a dent or two in the southern softies along the way and good luck in there.

Be seeing you next time around so you all take care now.

We gave the penalties, you said thank you kindly and took them. That apart I can only remember a couple of wild shots and a couple of equally wild free kicks from you.

Obviously blanked out the 1 on 1's that Bentley and Roberts had then.

tango,what about your fans passionlessness..i thought we could be quiet but it was like a frigging morgue ,good job the blues sang all day ,the music before the game oh my god (it was music the indian call centres put you on hold too,then a slow freddy number and then slade) all this to 12 year old cheerleaders (a bit disturbing methinks) and as for the folk group that bonged bongos and banged a drum ,well alls i can say is i thoght our drumming was embarassing...

aswazza says we WILL catch you easy....i think next season the piggies are in for a relegation scrap.

As for myopia, any supporter who wasn't dead in line who saw the disallowed goal in real time, without the benefit of a replay would not have seen the offside. Good work by the assistant.

That's a response to me, folks, so I will go against the trend of congratulations and respond with this:

Rubbish. You do not have to be in line to see that someone in front of someone else. Like I said, it's myopia.

Also, I picked it up before the replay, and your lot had the benefit of seeing the assistant referee putting his flag up, yet still celebrated for seconds thereafter.

I think referees have a tough time of it with the replays being shown on television and so when looking at the play will try to come to a decision on something before I see it on a replay. It's fairer to them. I still don't blame the referee for the Australia versus Italy penalty. It looked like a penalty to me in real-time from the television angle. Obviously it wasn't after replays.

That's a response to me, folks, so I will go against the trend of congratulations and respond with this:

Rubbish. You do not have to be in line to see that someone in front of someone else. Like I said, it's myopia.

Also, I picked it up before the replay, and your lot had the benefit of seeing the assistant referee putting his flag up, yet still celebrated for seconds thereafter.

I think referees have a tough time of it with the replays being shown on television and so when looking at the play will try to come to a decision on something before I see it on a replay. It's fairer to them. I still don't blame the referee for the Australia versus Italy penalty. It looked like a penalty to me in real-time from the television angle. Obviously it wasn't after replays.

Fair enough James - but how many of the Rovers fans (or Bolton fans) who were at the game spotted the offside in real-time? Honestly.

I wasn't at the game, and I didn't see it, until the replay. I heard the whistle - which is more than Brad Friedel and the rest of the defence can say, judging by the looks on their faces initially. It was offside, no doubt. I just thought "myopia" was just a bit too gung-ho on your part. That's all.

Fair enough James - but how many of the Rovers fans (or Bolton fans) who were at the game spotted the offside in real-time? Honestly.

To be fair I watched it on the TV and it could have just been me getting a bit to het up but when that went in I was going mental but not because for 1 minute that I thought it was offside but because of our sitting back and letting that happen.

Hey ho, I dont care about that now anyway :lol:

Hi Tangodancer. Come over to our board to see a bit of class have you?

Seriously, I think it's great to have a bit of banter! After all we are all fans.

No sure about dingles label though. However, if you want to liken us to Hillbillies then I'm Granny. Quite a few years to go to get to her age mind, but I can cause a bit of trouble :ph34r: so better look out :D .

Best of luck for the run in as long as we finish higher than you of course!

Good result on Sunday I thought. By the way, what was that flock of crows doing circling your training ground yesterday afternoon? Must be an awful lot of sh*t around there.......

Zulu:

I wasn't at the game, and I didn't see it, until the replay.

Like most of your flakey fans, you really are die hard aren't you?!!!?

Mind you, I wouldn't go week in week out to watch that boring load of long ball rubbish, the other things that tickled me:

All your fans that went as empty seats allegedly to a "Local derby" (We think not), the one's that did go, couldn't sing, came late, had a long interval at 1/2 time and went early!! Atmosphere = negligible.

Your facilities are rubbish, your £2 an hour stewards and GREATER MANCHESTER POLICE are incompentent and way over the top, obviously celebrating is just banned (At any time)

Your 12 year old cheerleaders doing the business in front over your empty seats

Your chav fireworks

WTF were those numpties running with flags all about? That was very funny, though, sorry, did that goal win the premiership or something??

The music before hand is a joke

"You feel good" about what exactly?

Refreshments? None before, some late for 1/2 time and none after 2 mins of half time, they did say that Nolan, Campo & Davies had 1st shout though?!

Nolan & Hunt for England (Brilliant!)

If we'd had Sav, Reidy & Tugay playing we'd have mullered you.

Thanks to the most inbred of guy's in his very tight fitting white Reebok top who told me to "Go and get some culture" after the match, very funny that, he looked bemused (In his 1 eye) when my mates & I pi**ed ourselves laughing and I replied, "We will mate, we are just off for a few beers in Manchester, which is where we all work

... I live in Bolton and have done for years, the culture is where exactly? Either end of the 61, but don't stop on the way!

Lastly, you'll need to cut your ST's by more than 10% if you're going to get people to watch that dog dirt week in week out!

To save a bit of time and not clutter up your board, one reply to all:

No real complaints about the game. We lost, end of. Your defence did an excellent job. The team? Davies is a handful and we miss him. Gardner is a bit off form and we all mumble oaths when Pedersen's (Henrik that is) name appears, although he did quite well as he's a striker playing left back. Meite was missed in defence too. Not sure why we didn't throw Andranik and Vaz Te at you sooner. Stelios is fast becoming the next Greek waiter in our local restaurant. Why Sam persists, who knows? The again, he's Sam and in him we trust. We don't like Mark Hughes simply because we don't like anything Manc. Don't even like old "Sicknote" Fortune because he's just a wage drain. We do however have a wild dislike of Lily Savage.

Our "junior school" dancers, fat men with flags and choice of music: Something we all moan about regularly. Club's idea.

Passionless? No. Think most are more fed up at prices, bad service and lack of value for money. We're going through a spell, we'll be out of it soon, we always are. One decent performance and we'll be back. I still fancy us for that fifth spot, although sixth will do. No bad record in the Prem over four seasons, 8th,6th,8th and ??.

Dingles? Just a bit of wind-up. That's me and I won't change, no malice though, just a bit of fun. Much sooner see Blackburn up there than any of the rest so get stuck in.

Adieu for now cousins. Have to think up some suitable insults for Manc U away next match. Y'all take care now.

Adieu for now cousins. Have to think up some suitable insults for Manc U away next match. Y'all take care now.

Least you wont have as far to travel as them.

btw all this offside or not malarky. It was and thats that . The linesman was spot on and I hope he gets recognition for it, it wasn't an easy spot so credit where its due. Just a pity he wasn't at Ewood when Spit the Dog so obviously dived and cheated a penalty out of the proper incompetant officials.

Archived