BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Blackburn

ihtd

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done,Zulu,for having the good grace to come on here. Top bloke! As for the game we were the better team and well deserved the 3 points. Warnock did play well but Nelsen was by far the best player on the pitch. I cannot understand why Liverpool let Warnock go. Hughesy has done a great job and we now have a quality side with a good depth of squad. Brilliant closing to the season.

Who woulda thunk it? Congratulations on 2000 posts, by the way.

Why thankyou :)

Have just seen the table and after writing off a European position as being a bridge too far, we are just 3 points away!

Now there are 3 teams between us and 6th place so closing the gap is more difficult because all 3 teams have to slip up whilst we have to do well, but it is only 3 points and that has to be a good thing

:tu:

Good performance from the team and I can't be critical of anyone. We played well, deserved the victory and it was just a shame that Roberts didn't get his goal (great run) and that we let in a goal (Friedel might feel he should have done better). I have to say I am leaning further towards playing Roberts and Benni from the start now, I think Roberts could be very good if he is given a run and it is an opportunity that has been given to everyone else and Derbyshire has yet to convince me.

Cheers Mike. I'm not just here for the wind-up (although I like a bit of banter!) I'm a Bolton fan and a football fan. I'll always call it as I see it.

Yeah fair play for comments mostly I agree with you. I actually was a bit disappointed with us at times althought delighted with the win. I thought we were very solid for 70 mins and then just seemed to ease up. Constantly gave the ball away for the last 20 mins when we'd retained posession really well up to then. Really could have been punished at the end and a few were sloppy. Thought Dunny looked good again thought Nelsen and Warnock were excellent in defence and I thought Bentley was his usual self but not great final ball. 3 points off 6th now. Keep it up Rovers.

OK cousins,

Right, I would certainly have paid the board a visit had we won, so I've got to be big enough to take the ###### when we lose. Just to put the record straight from a Bolton point of view:

You deserved the victory today. You were the best team for 75 minutes. (I thought we had the first ten and the last five.)

Both penalties were nailed on. No complaints from this Trotter.

Our late "equaliser" was offside. The ref's assistant got it right. (I bet you all shat yourselves though!)

I suppose we'll just have to gub you again at Ewood Park next season!

Oh, and by the way, Warnock was the best player on the pitch.

lPLease go and break the big four monopoly and win the FA Cup now.

There, I can't be fairer than that.

:(

Youre a top trotter Zulu. Very gracious of you. (and yes, this Rover did 'shat' herself at that offside goal).

Personally i have quite enjoyed the banter you have brought to the board. Far better than the mindless insults we get sometimes.

Most of it has been said but I would like to say that in my view Dunny is beginning to look a bit like his old self again. I thought he had a good game. No doubt about my MOM though. Nelsen by a mile.

Zulu gratious in defeat Big fat Sam ignorant in defeat, what a fat tosser he is.

The winkers got tubbed on their own turf by Rovers who dominated from the off to the end.

Own goal by gartside me thinks, 21000 supporters in the breezeblock for a local derby !! Your anoher idiot who cant see common sense for the love of money.

Imagine you clown if you had reciprocated the 15 quid a ticket offer you would have had 28000 plus, instead all we saw were half empty stands again.

Got to be chuffed with Dunny, The Axe and Benni for the way he exorcised the penatly syndrome.

Admiral and Samba were awesome, Bert and Bents on fire, Warnock is a steal whilst MGP had a slightly off day with the free kicks.

3 points in the bag and lift off primed for a top 6 finish and a cup final appearance.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a midfield of Dunn and the Axe, with Tugay on the bench to start. I'd be VERY surprised if Benni doesn't start, but I think it'll be Derbs up there with him, with Nonda and Roberts on the bench. Roberts will get a run, and he really looks like he wants to play football again. Samba at the back should disrupt their hoofing game a bit too, something we needed at games like Watford.

I reckon it'll be 1-3 to the Rovers, with Benni, Roberts and Pedersen scoring for us.

Apart from the score, this was spot on!

Own goal by gartside me thinks, 21000 supporters in the breezeblock for a local derby !! Your anoher idiot who cant see common sense for the love of money.

Imagine you clown if you had reciprocated the 15 quid a ticket offer you would have had 28000 plus, instead all we saw were half empty stands again.

Never miss Bolton away but just the reason why I boycotted today. Anyway I've two free breakfasts at work tomorrow due to two bets with lads with Bolton at heart (but never attend any games). Hmmm, lets see, bacon & mushroom barm cake for one and on Tuesday, sausage & egg on toast is looking good. Thanks lads! :brfc:

A few nervy moments at the end but a good result and some very good performances - i hold my hand up that i wasn't sure about warnock, but the guy has convinced me already - a cracking player. Nelsen was immense, i actually thought benni's work-rate was much better than we have seen and Dunny looks better with every game. :tu:

Great result and just as I predicted. Shame Roberts wasn' able to convert his chance, but nearly done so mind you. Fantastic run from the big man and battled well when he came on.

Fair play as well Zulu. Appreciate the comments.

I suppose we'll just have to gub you again at Ewood Park next season!

I thought you left that to Diouf.

Sorry man..... I thought you said gob!!

:rover::brfc::rover:

Great result - a draw would have been acceptable. I thought the back four were very good today, especially Nelsen and Warnock. The team looked sharp without really providing any end product. I doubt we'd have scored without the penalty decision - that said, they weren't looking too threatening either.

Watched the game today, just a few thoughts:

Freidel was secure for ,ost of the game, perhaps could have done better for their goal.

Samba and Nelsen are an absolutely outstanding pairing. We look extremely secure with them at the back despite Bolton's aereal barrage. If both of them stay fit we are well set up for the final phase of the season.

Warnock and Emerton are actually quite similar players. Both great going forward, a bit dodgy in the air and nervous when a winger runs at them. Warnock is probably a little more defensively secure but is also prone to making suicidal choices in our third of the pitch! If we can get the opposition on the back foot these two will be absolutely devastating whipping crosses in, but we have to make sure we don't let them be pressurised too much as we will concede.

Bentley was good apart from his final ball. Mokoena was decent apart from a few poor passes. Dunn started poorly but got better as the game went on. Absolutely sublime pass to Benni before he was chopped down for the second Pen. Gamst was extremely quiet- did what he had to do but not much more. I hope he isn't going to go missing again over the next few matches.

Benni remains frustrating. Scored two penaltys today and did some world class link up play but he continually gets caught off side and is close to useless when he picks up the ball around the halfway line as he has little pace and is not a great passer of the ball. He needs to be as close to the oppostion box as possible. Alonside a top forward with pace he would be murderous but Derbyshire didn't do that today- easily shrugged off the ball. Roberts looked more likely when he came on, if he can find his touch he will be he natural partner for Benni.

Amazing result away from home against the current 'best of the rest' in the Premiership. Suddenly 8th upwards looks possible.

Nelsen man of the match.

This was very much a case of 'job done', another scrappy affair with yoo many passes going astray but the most commitment to win the game was from the Rovers. Very surprised at Boltons lacklustre display and I never thought I would say this but without Kevin Davies they looked blunt up front.

Superb defensive display only marred by the Anelka goal, he did nothing but that but that is what a striker is paid for. Really pleased with Stephen Warnock and MGP should be applauded for his defensive, always running, display, let's forget his deadballs for this game.

Now we can look to claw the next few teams in and put our sights on a UEFA place. It would be nice to have the option of a league placing and an FA Cup win :)

Not quite sure how Sky managed to give MOM to Benni.

I thought Nelsen walked it to be fair, also would have given it o Warnock ahead of Benni.

Warnock's tackle on Anelks was top drawer.

Bolton have to go away to Chelsea, arsenal and man United in the run in.

Archived