BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Blackburn

ihtd

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great result, and a good performance. to be honest, i dont think we went into top gear today; but that wasnt needed anyway. delighted with the win, can't wait for next sunday now!

forgot to add: is it just me or does the admiral look even better now than before his injury?

Very important win, now we are only 7 points behind Bolton in the league and with our run in, we could catch them up and go for Europe. Glad to see us finally score a penalty or two :)

Well that ended up a bit more exciting than it needed to be really. Not the best game of football I've ever seen but on the whole we looked sharper than them and deserved the win. Can't argue with the penalties although I thought it was weird how Speed gave away the first one with his experience. Bentley was going nowhere and Speed decided to go for the tackle...weird. Great run by Roberts but he should have put the game beyond any doubt, poor finish. Thought we looked very good as a defensive unit, their goal came from a rare mistake by Samba. Shaky last few minutes but a brilliant result.

This 'winning' lark is a right laff :)

Who woulda thunk it? Congratulations on 2000 posts, by the way.

It was a scrappy game and not much to be said. Both penalties were deserved and we deserved to win. Jason Roberts missed a one-on-one with the goalkeeper (saved). Anelka, quality player I think, got them back and they sniffed a draw. We held them off well enough. The second disallowed goal was offside and the whole stadium (excepting Rovers fans) showed their myopia by celebrating as if it were an actual goal. Can't wait for the Bolton reaction. Hahahahaha.

OK cousins,

Right, I would certainly have paid the board a visit had we won, so I've got to be big enough to take the ###### when we lose. Just to put the record straight from a Bolton point of view:

You deserved the victory today. You were the best team for 75 minutes. (I thought we had the first ten and the last five.)

Both penalties were nailed on. No complaints from this Trotter.

Our late "equaliser" was offside. The ref's assistant got it right. (I bet you all shat yourselves though!)

I suppose we'll just have to gub you again at Ewood Park next season!

Oh, and by the way, Warnock was the best player on the pitch.

lPLease go and break the big four monopoly and win the FA Cup now.

There, I can't be fairer than that.

:(

OK cousins,

Right, I would certainly have paid the board a visit had we won, so I've got to be big enough to take the ###### when we lose. Just to put the record straight from a Bolton point of view:

You deserved the victory today. You were the best team for 75 minutes. (I thought we had the first ten and the last five.)

Our late "equaliser" was offside. The ref's assistant got it right. (I bet you all shat yourselves though!)

Fair play, big of you.

As for myopia, any supporter who wasn't dead in line who saw the disallowed goal in real time, without the benefit of a replay would not have seen the offside. Good work by the assistant.

OK cousins,

Delighted to see civility in banter between opposing fan; that's the spirit of sport isnt it? =)

Fair play, big of you.

Cheers Mike. I'm not just here for the wind-up (although I like a bit of banter!) I'm a Bolton fan and a football fan. I'll always call it as I see it.

Archived