BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton V Blackburn

ihtd

Good result today, our quality shone though - just.

Nelsen was back to his best, but my MOTM was Stevie Warnock, he played excellent, Dunn was also getting back to his old self making runs from midfield it opens up the play.

Thank god Benni put both pens away!

Their ground/fans were rubbish!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result for us today. I thought we really plugged away and really deserved the win. Nelsen and Samba were great at the back again and really look like a quality centre back pairing.

Great weekend all round with other results apart from Spurs flukely winning at West Ham.

Excellent result,pure magic beating Bolton Wanderers.The David Dunn clearance of the line, you couldn't off wrote the script better.Two penalties missed at Ewood,and then two put away at the Reebok.What goes around , comes around.

Mind you my heart was in my mouth when i thought they had sneaked an equaliser. :rolleyes:

Never miss Bolton away but just the reason why I boycotted today.

Same here CLB. It's going to be 20 quid (I think) for their lot at Ewood next season and unless it's similar for us at the Breezeblock they'll be getting none of my hard earned.

Great result- yet another win in Bolton/Horwich.

Lots of plusses; Benni knows how to take penalties and is looking dangerous again, Roberts' late run, Derbs was a pretty consistent pest and Warnock is already better than Neill IMO.

Dunny gave centre mid an energy, quality and mobility that has been missing. On 84 minutes I had just thought what a good display from the Axe who hasn't put a pass astray all afternoon when he went and had a nightmare last ten minutes.

The super stars were Samba and a back-to-his-best Admiral. What a player Nelsen is- three very difficult goal saving tackles/interventions today; no wonder Rovers are getting difficult to score against again.

Shame MGP's free kicks all missed and Bentley's normally sweet right foot was a bit of a clod hopper today but Bents still had a good game even if his long passes and shots were not what we have come to expect this season.

Mind you every time the cameras showed anything of the pitch close-in, it looked like a cabbage patch. The egg chasers had messed it up terribly and that grass looked far too long for football. No wonder the first half was dire- for all Andy Townsend's witterings, that was not a surface for good slick football.

Talking of Sky, I have had Sky's rolling news on and FIVE times now they have said Bolton were denied an equaliser from an added time JASON ROBERT's header!!! How thick, uninformed and generally stupid are sports journalists these days???

Finally well done Zulu for your comments. Now when is that FA Cup tie against you your Trotter chums first came on here to chat about?

Fantastic win! Nelsen and Sampa was brilliant. Every time it's good win exactly Bolton, i really hate wanky team. But what derby this is....only about 21000 supporters in Reebox stadium??? And atmosthere was poor.

Totally made up with today’s result and performance…until Anelkas goal I really didn’t feel overly anxious…thought the Admiral was absolutely wonderful..bring on Sh**y City :D:brfc:

Afternoon on Guinness and black never felt so good…..Ooooh Wan*ey Wan*ey, Wan*ey Wan*ey Wan*ey Wan*ey Wanderers!

OK cousins,

Right, I would certainly have paid the board a visit had we won, so I've got to be big enough to take the ###### when we lose. Just to put the record straight from a Bolton point of view:

You deserved the victory today. You were the best team for 75 minutes. (I thought we had the first ten and the last five.)

Both penalties were nailed on. No complaints from this Trotter.

Our late "equaliser" was offside. The ref's assistant got it right. (I bet you all shat yourselves though!)

I suppose we'll just have to gub you again at Ewood Park next season!

Oh, and by the way, Warnock was the best player on the pitch.

lPLease go and break the big four monopoly and win the FA Cup now.

There, I can't be fairer than that.

:(

WOW, I'm duly impressed. Thank you and there is nothing more I'd like than win the FA Cup this year. Good on ya mate, perhaps I'll have to have a rethink about the folks from the suburbs of Manchester

OK cousins,

Right, I would certainly have paid the board a visit had we won, so I've got to be big enough to take the ###### when we lose. Just to put the record straight from a Bolton point of view:

You deserved the victory today. You were the best team for 75 minutes. (I thought we had the first ten and the last five.)

Both penalties were nailed on. No complaints from this Trotter.

Our late "equaliser" was offside. The ref's assistant got it right. (I bet you all shat yourselves though!)

I suppose we'll just have to gub you again at Ewood Park next season!

Oh, and by the way, Warnock was the best player on the pitch.

lPLease go and break the big four monopoly and win the FA Cup now.

There, I can't be fairer than that.

:(

Thats big of you Zulu - nice one.

I thought (no bias) that you were very poor today, and Rovers controlled the match until you scored.

Warnock was by far the best player on the pitch, I agree.

Keeping Anelka quiet seemed to pay dividends for us.

Couldnt help but take a sneaky look at some BWFC sites, and there is a grey mood descending.

Lets hope we can stuff your neighbours on Sunday.

Keep the faith <_<

Great result and performance, Warnock was outstanding as was the defence. Roberts did ok,Rovers had a chance when he came on, thats what he's good at but the finish let him down, can't complain about that as he's just coming back fron injury.

1 other thing, how the (Please don't use that word again) did Ivan Campo get 3 bonus points in Fantasy Football?? McCarthy hasn't been getting them all season but he should've atleast got 1 today?

Nelson wasn't injured at the end was he? He looked to have a dodgy hamstring. His performance today was that of a colossus and we really need him to stay fit. Just as it was last year, Nelson and anyone else is our best centre back pairing.

Nelson wasn't injured at the end was he? He looked to have a dodgy hamstring. His performance today was that of a colossus and we really need him to stay fit. Just as it was last year, Nelson and anyone else is our best centre back pairing.

i thought he was holding it when he was walking to rovers fans :o

The bolton player appeared to stand on him as they went down, it looked more like an impact injury more than anything else, a hmstring injury would have seen him unable to run and at the end he still was running and making challenges.

There is no mention of it anywhere else so I have no reason to think it anything else.

Just picked up that Rovers win has left a foul taste in big fat sams mouth, maybe his chairman should try a different soap :rolleyes:

Few points below on todays game...

Thought we commanded the game in which never really got going until the end.

Thought the back 4 were solid - even though I do have concerns on Emerton's heading ability and positional sense at times.

Midfield were ok. The Axe was really good and I have seen a gradual improvement in his game since the turn of the year. He does a useful, necessary job for us at the moment. Dunn was good and will get better. He still looks hesitant in the odd 50/50 challenge but I can only see him getting better and sharper.

Benni looked fresh and Derbs was good.

Excellent win and it is onwards and upwards hopefully.

First let me say thanks to Zulu for being a true sport. Perhaps we should all have a re-think (and maybe a poll) on letting them be our rivals in the continuing abscence of our true rivals the Dingles. ;)

As for the game: I thought that performance by Rovers today was a good way short of many that we have produced this season. But having said that it was enough to get the job done as it turned out. If we had not got the two penalties though, I really can't see where the goals were going to come from on today's show. Both sides looked like they were incapable of scoring. Bolton because of our good defence, and us because of our very poor efforts at scoring. There is no doubt that the two penalties given were correct and that Benni took them superbly, but where else were any goals for us coming from?

Any way I don't want to get too critical; let's just say we had an off-day and be thankful.

And good on you Zulu. Why not come and support a proper team? ;)

Cheers Mike. I'm not just here for the wind-up (although I like a bit of banter!) I'm a Bolton fan and a football fan. I'll always call it as I see it.

gobsmacked you showed up hahaha,credit.

The offside goal the flag was up well early before it went in ,was a sweet moment because the fans near us were going mental and we was laughing becuse we knew it was up.

Great performance today!!!

Strange to see all the Trotters fans having a go at their team for lack of effort. Strangely - I thought they did put in decent amounts of effort - and it was their closing down of our players that helped to stop Rovers additional creativity really take hold of the game.

Though I can't say it was a 5* performance there was some very notable plus points :-

Nelsen - after a run of matches getting back to his very best

Samba - possibly not as good as the Arsenal match, but he and Nelsen look a formidable pair at the back

Warnock - cash wise virtually a straight swap for Neill - another superb piece of business by Hughes

Dunn - starting to show some nice touches - we just have to pray he stays injury free for the rest of the season, if he continues to improve (as he has) he could have a real impact on the end of our season

Roberts - still struggling for full fitness (IMO) - but showed the power and pace that could be a real handful towards the end of the season.

Tugay - rested for a match :tu:

I can't help but worry that we will do our usual trick of doing the hard bit - and then get beat by City. Already getting excited about next Sunday :brfc:

gobsmacked you showed up hahaha,credit.

The offside goal the flag was up well early before it went in ,was a sweet moment because the fans near us were going mental and we was laughing becuse we knew it was up.

Great performance today!!!

The ref's whistle had gone before the ball had even hit the net.

Very efficient and workmanlike performance today - until they scored they never really threatened us.

Thought Brad should have done better with their goal and he was almost also embarrassed by the disallowed effort - thankfully we got the benefit of a marginal offside - we seem to be going through a phase of the season where we're getting a very good rub of the green with referee's decisions.

Thought Nelsen, Warnock and Dunn (what a transformation in him) were excellent.

6th place suddenly looks very attainable.

Mind you, Bolton, Everton, Portsmouth, Reading, Spurs and Newcastle will be thinking exactly the same.

Archived