BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Semi-final .

Don't really understand the Benni bashing. If he works tirelessly but doesn't score a goal people will have a go at him and if he scores a goal but doesn't chase back to his own penalty area people will have a go at him.

I keep trying to tell myself not to think about the MGP header, telling myself that as much as we were nearly through we were almost dead and buried had Shevchenko not reproduced his early season form. Still doesn't make it better though.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Bad luck to Blackburn, who were simply brilliant in the second half, but they'll live to rue Pedersen's miss on 82 minutes. And as for Shevchenko's comedy clank: a hahaha ha ho ho ho hoh dear."

Bob Fleming "lite" from The Guardian

here

Cheer up everyone, losing 0-1 to Watford will be far worse.

We were brilliant and undoubtedly the better side. 2nd half for a period of 30 minutes I thought we were magnificent and couldve scored at any time. Gamst had two chances to seal the deal! :( Why oh why. I havent come close to crying cause of a football match in a while, but this is as close as it gets...

Just arrived home. Fantastic day. First 35 minutes or so we didn't look too clever but for the last ten minutes of the first half we began to believe. The second half performance and extra time were immense. Rovers more than matched Chelsea and if there was any justice we'd be at Wembley. Wonderful performance, disappointed but delighted with the team, the support, the whole thing.

So what do we think of Cech's antics in the last two minutes? In my book he was cheating. It will be interesting to see what the papers have to say on it.

So Proud To Be A Rover,

Few things id like to say

I thought roberts was @#/?,he turns like a battleship and has an elephant touch

We didnt use our subs well,6 min for derbs <_<

Tugay-All i need to say

John Terry What a

What A Great day out.

How could you say Roberts was @#/?, he was one of many top performers, he was excellent!

So what do we think of Cech's antics in the last two minutes? In my book he was cheating. It will be interesting to see what the papers have to say on it.

I agree and I'm glad we didn't give in to the pressure. Sky defended us so I think the papers generally will. We're getting all the praise, but I would have rather been in the cup final than be the talk of the town.

Back home and in bed now. The enormity of the day is just sinking in now, as the beer is gently digested.

First of all, I would like to thank Mark Hughes and his team, as well as each and every player that contributed to getting us as far as the semi final today.

OK, so the first half was poor, but I like to think we outsung the Southerners at the very least. Especially as our performance picked up. Then we moved up a gear - crowd and players. The Chelsea fans were crap to be honest. Once away from Old Trafford, I didn't see one smiling - you would have thought they bloody lost! They don't deserve it. Anyway, our performance was such we genuinely played the better football in the second half and for an hour or so, we believed. I certainly did anyway.

The goal was such a sweet moment I will remember forever. Never seen my dad go quite so crazy. Well not until Gamst's miss which he thought went in and he fell over and ended up sat on the guys in front (sorry about that if that's you...). Chelsea were stunned into silence and you could really sense the self belief in Rovers growing. An unusual feeling for a traditionally cynical club!

Alas, it wasn't to be but by god, we gave them a game and we gave them a fright. I am proud, proud, proud of the lads and the support. We know we deserved it, Chelsea know we deserved it and the whole damn country do too.

Chant of the day, sung by a group of Rovers fans to some sullen faced Chelsea fans, to the tune of Oh My Darling: "I'm a w*nker, I'm a w*nker, I'm a w*nker, yes I am. But I'd rather be a w*nker than a borig Chelsea fan".

You had to be there...

It's been a long time since I've posted....gutted by the result proud to be a Rover.....

McCarthy has done well for us this season with his goal tally...but I'm afriad he was anonomous this afternoon....let's have Bellamy back after the Scousers let him go.

Finally a great day out....been ages since I've enjoyed a footy occasion as much....even got home to Huddersfield for 7.25pm.

I agree and I'm glad we didn't give in to the pressure. Sky defended us so I think the papers generally will. We're getting all the praise, but I would have rather been in the cup final than be the talk of the town.

When I played if you put the ball out for yourself or another member of your team the opposition didn't have to give it you back. If you put the ball out so one of their players could receive treatment they were obliged to give you the ball- Simple.

The second half performance more than made up for the first half, makes you proud to be a rover when you have one of the world's best teams on the back foot. But at the same time gutted. If only one of those chances had gone in, I'd loved it if the Terry header had gone in - ah well, maybe next season!

Great day in the sunshine, little to add to what has gone before, 2nd half performance was the best I have seen from rovers this season.

I would probably have brought on Derbs / Tugay at the start of ET - thought Chelsea were tired and leggy due to their european game. I was pleased for Roberts - he gave my least favourite player in the league a really torrid physical encounter, oh and Mr Terry even got a hand ball given against him - I nearly feinted!

Are Rovers a bad sport for not giving back the ball after the Cech " injury"? - no chance, shame we did not score, that really would have upset the journo's.

Fans and atmosphere were as brilliant today as Chelsea's were abysmal - a chelski fan on the metrolink tried to claim they were all tired after the champions league game!

Guest shoppybrfc
John Terry What a horrible person.

totally agree, utter chav and total prick alway first to moan to the ref, overrated as a player as well, Woodgate and Carragher are better defenders. Its an embarassement to England that this nobhead is the captain of the national squad :angry:

Just walked in now. Outstanding effort from all concerned today - players, fans, staff etc. Fantastic ! Just hope that the disappointment of losing this game isn't going to have a negative effect on the rest of the season. Hughes is going to have to pick all the players up off the dressing room floor and make sure that they're aren't feeling sorry for themselves because there's still some big games left to play.

Just heard Mourinho's post match comments too. Fair play to him. He's gone up in my estimation. Just a little bit, mind.

Mine too. He said that Rovers played like heroes, and some will say it easy enough to be magnaminous when you have just reached a Wembley Final, but I believe he meant it. And I agree with him; today they were all heroes.

Agreed we had 11 eleven heroes out there today, only bad point was that they didn't turn up until the second half. We gave it a good go and if Ped had buried that header who knows.......

The fans were tremendous today, almost brought a tear at times to be honest, wonderful and made me proud to be a Blackburn Rovers fan.

It's a great time to be a Rover, long live the current regime.

Archived