BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I had a lot of friends at Blackburn - the players, the coaching staff, the chairman are all great people – and I owe them a lot – a hell of a lot to be honest. They helped me improve and they were there at an awkward time for me but I've spoken to a lot of the players and they know the situation."

Then signing for Liverpool is his way to express his gratefulness and thankfulness to Rovers? gutted!! :angry:

Thanks for everything Craig you've been a credit to rovers and I wish you well at Liverpool. Warm applause from me on your return on boxing day. Your performances were worth the admission fee alone.

Nice to see a player following his heart and not moving for money. No hard feelings here. B)

Thanks for everything Craig you've been a credit to rovers and I wish you well at Liverpool. Warm applause from me on your return on boxing day. Your performances were worth the admission fee alone.

Nice to see a player following his heart and not moving for money. No hard feelings here. B)

Hear Hear.

Guest Kamy100

Gutted that he is gone because he was immense last season. Wish him all the best for the future, can't really be angry at him because of his reasons for leaving. Time to move on for the club, players and fans.

I'm not angry with him going to his favorite club, as a few of you have already said its a dream playing for the club you love!

BUT I'm angry with him cos he lied to the fans about the clause and him saying thank you for everything and leave after just one season...he ended of course up doing just this!

Lads,

It's with much regret that I have to sit down to read about this sad news, as he was an inspiration to our beloved football club last season. In lives these things happen, but we'll always have the memories and now it's up to Mark Hughes to get a suitable replacement.

But with the Bellamy interview with LFC, he is delighted with his move but stated that it was the only move he would have never turned down. When speaking to him after the Liverpool game in April, there were several reports that Chelsea were interested in signing him and i quizzed him about it and it took him at the 2nd attempt to answer this with his exact words: -

"Living in the West part of London and winning everything in football, why not".

Then after the Man City game I asked him about staying at Blackburn and said: -

Hopefully i'll be around, but in football you never know

Like i said before he was honest when asked about this and said he would consider any so-called big move which is a credit to him. I know he said in the LET back in Jan/Feb time that he was here for the long haul and tbh I don't think he was expecting this amount of interest in him, so maybe thats why he said being here for the long haul.

However, saying on both occasions that Liverpool was the only offer that he wouldn't have turned down. I think that's the 1st lie that he's told the scousers as he would have accepted a move to Chelsea. Howandever, he's gone and i think it's best to say thanks for you efforts, goals and moments of brilliance. It's been a pleasure to have seen you grace 'Ewood' and all the best in your future.

I just don't believe Bellamy when he says he only left because it was Liverpool who came in. That's just a convenient excuse for him, as I think he would have gone to any bigger club that wanted him.

That said, he was a risky buy due to fitness and personality issues, and that gamble paid off for us. Hopefully he'll be as much of a 'stepping-stone' for us as we were for him.

I'm not angry, just disappointed. After his superb season, and I maintain that he is the fastest footballer ever to play for Rovers that I have seen, and the fact that we finished sixth, and beat the big boys regularly,it made me think that we were back as a top team, and club. Bellamy leaving just reminds me that we are not one of the big boys, and the clause and Liverpool just kicked us the nackers and said-"Oi get back down there Blackburn, your just a crappy little set of Woolies with crappy support."

At least when we had Bellamy, we could say "yes, we only get 18,000 on but we took the ###### out of your lot today."

Ever since the end of the season, we all asked who can we get to partner Bellamy up front, to take us to the next level. Now we have the near impossible task of replacing him, then finding anther striker.

After a season of optimism and progress, this Bellamy business once again reminds us all that we are in a league of 15 maybe 16 teams, cut off from the other four clubs with no hope of ever puncturing their quadoply (made up word) because of the way CL money is doled out.

I honestly thought he would not leave, but we have become a victim of our own success, yet again.

Ok Bellamy has gone! That Means at least two strikers need to be bought. And its Bellamy who has left, we must buy a player with genuine pace! Pongolle may be a cheap option especially as we have just done a deal with liverpool. Pongolle and Mcarthy Upfront wouldnt be too bad would it. Mabye replacing Tugay will have to wait until next summer. We must spend the money wisely.

An excellent all round player though he was, I am starting to think that his influence last season has been over-hyped.

He's an excellent player but we were winning games without him, and will continue to do so next season.

He left with nice words and I have no hard feelings towards him, when do players not leave for bigger clubs? Matt Le Tissier aside.

It's true what people say when they say that there is no such thing as loyalty in football. Bellamy signed for us, saying that it was the will to work with Mark Hughes that made hime sign for Rovers. We waited patiently while he recovered from the many injuries that he had and then saw what he could do in the second half of the season. We then heard how he wasn't going to leave, because he wasn't the type of player to do that sort of thing! We always knew that this guy was a scumbag, but we let that go because of what he was able to do on the pitch. £6 million is a ridiculously low amount of money that we have accepted and you wonder why it was written into the contract? This summer we were looking for a striker to pair with Bellamy, now we'll be looking for two, one to replace Bellamy and another one to play with him.

Archived