BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who don't know what he ays about Blackburn here it is:

Was it a hard decision to leave Blackburn Rovers?

"The fact that it was Liverpool made it impossible for me to turn down the move. As I'm a fan, it doesn't matter what club I was at – I could never turn Liverpool down. You get the chance to play for Liverpool and it's a lifelong dream come true. I had a lot of friends at Blackburn - the players, the coaching staff, the chairman are all great people – and I owe them a lot – a hell of a lot to be honest. They helped me improve and they were there at an awkward time for me but I've spoken to a lot of the players and they know the situation. I've had no problem from any player at Blackburn and I'm sure if any of them got the chance to join the team they love with all their heart, they'd do exactly the same thing. It's sad in a way to leave Blackburn but this is too good a chance to turn down."

February 06 - Craig Bellamy "I'm not just here for a season and then I'm going to say thanks a lot'. I want to try and do as well as I can for Blackburn Rovers."

June 06 - Bellamy signs for Liverpool.

:angry::angry::angry:

I guess, It's too early to angry. It's not the end of his story.

Try to remember! What did he sayafter leaving Coventry, and Newcastle!

As expected, he's gone.. ah well.. thanks for the 2mil profit in return. Lets move on rovers. :rover:

Hope you don't fare well with the spain setup though.

no profits after wages, sigining on fee,s bonuses, agent fees etc

oh come on guys - why the negativity. IF he had stayed - how many games would he actually have remained injury free. He is a great player - but very injury prone with lots of baggage. Also - lets not forget two court cases hanging over his head.

Say (as an example) we signed Pingu and McCarthy with the £6.5m we received for Bellamy - would we not be in a better position than last season ?

He is gone now - I don't really care one way or another (except maybe the size of the transfer fee). I won't boo him when he returns - but I won't cheer him either. He was a good player for about 1/2 a season - he has hardly had the influence on the club of Shearer, Garner, Sutton, Newell. I was also a little concerned towards the end of the season when clubs seemed to be handling him a lot better. Having said that Liverpools counter attacking style of play should suit his game.

More annoying than anything in respect that we aint going to get anybody of the same calibre for the money we have got for him.Liverpool have got the bargain of the Season.

The worrying thing is, as a club are we playing a dangerous game (or will continue to) by allowing 'clauses' of this nature just to attract players of a higher calibre? :huh:

IMO if we are then its a dangerous precedent we are setting and it will only be at the detriment to the club for the future.

Footballers always talk about the clubs they loved growing up, are there any players that grew up as a Rovers fan?

Dickov was going on about how his son supports Rovers when he joined. :unsure:

That wasn't enough to keep him here.

Ainsworth from Qpr, Omorod i think, Beattie defo, Dunn obviously, must be others around.

Thing is though, If we made a bid for Beattie and it was accepted would he leave

Everton to join us - I don't know. (Not saying that I want Beattie or anything, just using it as an example).

I think that had it been anyone other than Liverpool we may have had a much better chance of keeping him.

:(

More annoying than anything in respect that we aint going to get anybody of the same calibre for the money we have got for him.Liverpool have got the bargain of the Season.

The worrying thing is, as a club are we playing a dangerous game (or will continue to) by allowing 'clauses' of this nature just to attract players of a higher calibre? :huh:

IMO if we are then its a dangerous precedent we are setting and it will only be at the detriment to the club for the future.

I don't know about that. We would not have got him without the clause, and got a great season out of him and made a profit. I would have taken that this time last year.

He didn't need to lie though. What an idiot.

no profits after wages, sigining on fee,s bonuses, agent fees etc

NO PROFIT??

We signed him less than £5 million. So we could have bought McCarty instead and we was out for 5-6 months through injury or indeed some other donkey for something like £3million and score 2 goals. Bellamy managed 17 goals and helped us achieve 6th place in the league.

And before we signed Bellamy i don't think we would have finished any higher than 10th-12th and hence with each place in the league worth £500,000 then that would equate to around £2.5 - 3 million. Overall e have made a substantial profit on Craig and why be negative. We just have to get another flying machine with an eye for goal.... heard of some Brazil chap 'Ronaldinho', anyone heard any reports? :unsure::unsure:

Thanks for everything Craig you've been a credit to rovers and I wish you well at Liverpool. Warm applause from me on your return on boxing day. Your performances were worth the admission fee alone.

Nice to see a player following his heart and not moving for money. No hard feelings here. B)

All of what you say I could agree with if he had just been honest with us, the supporters that paid his wages, and presumably still do until July 1st!

I've never been more angry about a transfer. The Duff transfer was always going to happen and we had him for an extra year than maybe we should have. Bellamy's career was on the fast track down the toilet at Newcastle. Hughes and Blackburn revived his career and the club are repaid by Bellamy jumping ship as soon as a "big club" comes in.

Ok, I realise he's a lifelong Liverpool fan (first I'd heard of it too) and it's "too good an opportunity to pass" but I doubt he'll be receiving a polite welcome when he returns to Ewood.

Let's go and find another striker who's career is off down the lav. van Nistlerooy anybody?

Footballers always talk about the clubs they loved growing up, are there any players that grew up as a Rovers fan?

Yes, but most of them are dead now. There are a few still to be seen sitting in the JW stand.

Oh, I nearly forgot there is Beattie at Everton, Ormerod at Preston, and Derbyshire at.....?

Bellamy's career was on the fast track down the toilet at Newcastle. Hughes and Blackburn revived his career and the club are repaid by Bellamy jumping ship as soon as a "big club" comes in.

Makes me SICK! Sod off. Bye bye.

I don't know about that. We would not have got him without the clause, and got a great season out of him and made a profit. I would have taken that this time last year.

It could have been worse . With no clause at all could Liverpool have bid less and still got him ? !

We all know that these days if a player really wants a move then he gets it . Remember Ferguson going for £4m ?

Personally I'm just glad we had a decent season and made any kind of profit . You can be sure that a few "bonuses" are being paid to one or two people to reflect the bargain that Liverpool have got and the millions more they would have had to get a player of similar quality...

What makes it harder to swallow - is the fact that Liverpool weren't much better than Rovers last season and if Bellamy had stayed + we got another quality striker with him we could have gone to the next level cos lets face it we were top 4 contenders towards the end of a great season .

So lets move on :brfc: and get there without him and trust Sparkys judgement to bring in 2 quality strikers Mido , Miccoli - look what he did to Liverpool with the thunderbolt whilst on loan at Benfica to send the scousers out of the champions league in there own drug infested back yard !

All i can say is, bellers 'WHY LIE?'

Hope he never kicks a ball again

There's always the thought that the management and / or board advised him to say what he said for the sake of morale going into the push for Europe. It might be that they took a risk that if no one came in for him before the clause ended, the supporters would have been none the wiser. If so I can see their point in a way. At the time would it have been preferable to have told the truth?

Archived