BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Fantasy mode on*

Let's hope Bellamy hasn't yet signed on the dotted line and is becoming embroiled in an international incident at a Liverpool nightclub even as I type this!

*Fantasy mode off *

Which two strikers are we signing then?

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere...but has anyone considered the very real possibility that he could fail his medical? He's hardly been injury-free since he joined us.

He somehow passed ours and then missed an entire pre-season!.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere...but has anyone considered the very real possibility that he could fail his medical? He's hardly been injury-free since he joined us.

you're surely not being serious le chuck?

guys - its time to move on. he's got a gret payrise(dont believe the pr rubbish about a cut) , far better job propects and is looking out for number one.

he will be there number one striker. any of you kidding yourselves saying otherwise obviously didnt see him play last season. the guy is world class.

vast majority of you on this board would do exactly the same.

all the people getting caught up in the 'but he said in the let the clause didnt exist'.....

...do you also believe in father christmas?

do you honestly believe footballers these days?

take it all with a pinch of salt and carry on supporting t'rovers.

its all part of being a rovers fan!

Probably true too.. disappointing news never the less, but we still have a solid foundation to build upon. We will need two new strikers, and preferably a creative midfielder aswell - plus the central defender Sparky's been trying to sign on loan. Mido + a defender on loan (with option to buy), and a big money move for a small, quick striker and a £3m move for Petrov.

Happy days. <_<

I know how you feel, Dillo, I remember those feelings when Duff left. It was worse in a way, I had been so convinced he would stay whatever the lure.

I'm sorry that Bellamy has left, but there are apparently factors affecting his decision that wouldn't apply to any other club, i.e. allegedly supporter from boyhood and much as it pains me to say it (especially if we had points they cheated us out of we might have been there too) Champions League. I don't suppose many of us will be wanting them to do well next season. It's a case of 'if only' again, but perhaps he would have gone there whatever the circumstances.

Thank you for the memories, Craig. I hope things turn out as you wish.

We have to move on. We have an excellent squad of players who worked extremely hard last season and will do the same next season. We have possibly the best management team in the business and this episode will test their mettle. Let's get behind them.

Now then, what time is it the fixtures are due to be announced? :brfc:

I know how you feel, Dillo, I remember those feelings when Duff left. It was worse in a way, I had been so convinced he would stay whatever the lure.

I'm sorry that Bellamy has left, but there are apparently factors affecting his decision that wouldn't apply to any other club, i.e. allegedly supporter from boyhood and much as it pains me to say it (especially if we had points they cheated us out of we might have been there too) Champions League. I don't suppose many of us will be wanting them to do well next season. It's a case of 'if only' again, but perhaps he would have gone there whatever the circumstances.

Thank you for the memories, Craig. I hope things turn out as you wish.

We have to move on. We have an excellent squad of players who worked extremely hard last season and will do the same next season. We have possibly the best management team in the business and this episode will test their mettle. Let's get behind them.

Now then, what time is it the fixtures are due to be announced? :brfc:

:brfc:

Probably won't turn out as Bellamy wants he may end up playing out of position due to Liverpools numerous striking options A la Newcastle then his dummy will come out again- but I bet he got a nice back hander !

Liverpool at Ewood 1st home game of the season anyone I bet I know what kind of reaction the Ewood faithfull will give the little judas ! :angry:

why not, Bellamy has no ties to this club other than a productive year for both. Duff was brought up and trained by the club and turned to the player he was, and he turned his back on us. Thats more upsetting than Bellamy leaving

One was completely voluntary (Bellers) one wasn't. That's the difference. Also I think we did well to get one year of Bellamy. He's one of the best strikers around so I'm not altogether surprised we couldn't keep him. However I trust Mark Hughes not to buy rubbish with the transfer money.

What I find even more dissappointing strangeley is the ease and speed at which he seems to have cast us aside. Not a second thought in his mind about leaving by the sounds of it.

At least when Shearer left us he said it was the hardest decision of this life.

Whilst Bellamy did a great job for us last year and I thank him for that, It has just proved to me that my feelings on him before he joined Rovers were correct. I'll say no more than that. :angry:

I for one hope he crashes and burns. I don't think he did so much for our club that he we should wish him well at one of our rivals. Thanks for half a season bellamy, now go off and pull your hamstring.

I find it frustrating when I see in some articles that the release clause in the contract was confidential. I am sure that it wasn't Rovers that told the press ... so lets have a guess at who (especially when Bellamy is reported to be texting everyone about its existance a few weeks ago) :angry:

It is so annoying that Rovers won't have any recourse for breach of contract etc etc.

The contractual power is still far too much with the players (and especially) agents.

We were merely a stepping stone for players like Bellamy and Duff. That's the way it will always be, sadly.

The best the club can do is get top players on long contracts which will mean that if they ever scale the heights to attract the attentions of the big guns we'll get a good price.

The flip side is, these supposed 'top players' or promising may get their lucrative and lengthy contracts but then fail to perform and the club are stuck with them until they can shift them out.

If he's gone, then onwards and upwards. We need a couple of decent signings and quickly - so come on Mr Hughes and Mr Williams show us your true ambition.

Personally, I think Bellamy has made an error. Whilst I accept he is a Liverpool fan and the desire to play for the club you support must be immense, I think that he will end up in the same situation as at Newcastle.

Benitez will not treat him with the respect and caution that Hughes did, give him six months of playing right side and sitting on the bench and we'll probably see his dummy flying over Ewood like harrier. Coupled with that his continuous niggling injury problems I think this will be a rocky relationship for both player and club.

Also, his little incidents in night clubs and court appearences will not be brushed under the carpet like at Rovers - and they'll be on the front page of every newspaper.

Thursday June 22nd 2006:

Rovers 1 - 0 Liverpool

Bellamy OG :lol:

Archived