BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Wish people would stop lumping Duff and Bellamy together. If half the reports are true Bellamy has engineered this move from start to finish. Duff re-signed for us after a good world cup performance, agreed to a huge buy out clause which realistically at the time no premiership club could or would meet, and was undecided up to the very last minute about going. He just happened to get caught up in Chelsea's spending spree and for a young guy at a smaller club it was probably just too much to resist, although he almost did. Bellamy has used a lot of people here and while I'm glad we had him, I don't have any respect for the way he's conducted himself.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're just in a long line of clubs he's used to get himself to the "top" - Norwich, Coventry, Newcastle, Celtic and now us.

Just need to pick ourselves up and get some good signings in, a good pre-season and have a good league campaign. With Hughes and co at the helm, I'm sure we will. It'll be a case of Craig who? next season ;):rover:

some people need to grow up and remember that its a game and not to take it too seriously. Who here has not changed jobs? or employers?

Craig I wsh you the best, thanks for a great year and I hope you have a stinker for the pool

some people need to grow up and remember that its a game and not to take it too seriously. Who here has not changed jobs? or employers?

Craig I wsh you the best, thanks for a great year and I hope you have a stinker for the pool

I know I certainly have. However, not after publically stating that I would not be leaving after one year and that I did not have a clause in my contract of empoyment that allowed me to leave my job should another company coming looking.

Thats the thing you see, its not the fact that he's gone to Liverpool - its the way in which it has be done and the way he's conducted himself. I'm certainly not one for sour grapes but in this instance I think as I said before he's just proved what everybody has said about him in the past - suppose a leopard never changes its spots - although in Bellers case he certainly seems to like changing his colours :D

We're just in a long line of clubs he's used to get himself to the "top" - Norwich, Coventry, Newcastle, Celtic and now us.

Just need to pick ourselves up and get some good signings in, a good pre-season and have a good league campaign. With Hughes and co at the helm, I'm sure we will. It'll be a case of Craig who? next season ;):rover:

Absolutely agree. Just hope to God that he doesn't come to Ewood and score a hat trick against us; I think that would be the end of me!! :ph34r: :o

It’s a case of when, not if Bellamy goes.

Im now just interested in the interviews he gives and his explanation as to why he lied to us about wanting to make a go off things at Rovers.

Personally I don’t think we will hear much about rovers, it will all be about how Liverpool is a great club (NOT) and that it was his boyhood club etc.

What was it that Bill Shankley once said? :ph34r:

"He would have been great in any team, in any match and in any age - even if he had been wearing an overcoat" Bill Shankly talking about Tom Finney

" If God had been a footballer He wouldn't have been this good" Tommy Docherty talking about Tom Finney.

At least I can die content in the knowledge that I have personally witnessed almost every home game and some internationals played by the greatest player the world has ever seen. And a true, modest gentleman

.....Yes,I feel pathetic and gloom.

How can I say.... I feel betrayed by him......

just now, I hard to say thank you to Bell.... need more time.

and, It's completely different Duff'case!!

Don't lump this case in with Duff's moving. :angry:

I felt worse for longer when Duff left - I really didn't think he ever would leave. Just expressing my feelings that's all, not 'lumping them together". No comparison.

My "Thank you, Craig, hope things turn out as you wish" - perhaps I should have added they probably won't but tough. I don't suppose he'll be bothered to say 'thank you' to Rovers. I think we got carried away with the idea that Craig had changed and he would be loyal and honest with Rovers.

There are eleven men in a team. Bellamy made a difference, yes, but he's gone. Ewood is still there. Mark Hughes and his management team are still there. John Williams is still there. The squad are still there.

The 2006/7 season awaits. Go, Rovers!

Looks like a matter of hours now

In my opinion I am absolutely gutted that bellers is going but I think if I was in his position I would do exactly the same.

Without that man I am sure we would not be in the UEFA cup or finished in the position we are in now, or have a reason to be even talking about some of the players we would like to come to Ewood.

Thanks to Bellers for gracing the Rovers shirt for one season and giving us the most exciting football I have seen us play for a very long time.

For goodness sake, Bellamy was never going to stay long: certainly not playing like he did for us last season. His goals got us into Europe and he moved on. And was I alone in baulking at the thought of him picking up £60k a week? Now I know that they're all on daft wages, but that's jsut too much for a club like us.

yeah we've lost bellers and yeah he was good, but at least we've managed to sign mgp and reido to new deals. if rumours are true then it's £10 mil for at least 2 new strikers. hopefully one proven too.

personally i think craig left when rovers deserved a bity of respect for bringing the best out of him. but hey, if you're that desperate to sign for pool then jog on!

here's to playing pompey on august 19th! :rover:

great loss but i am just gratefull for the season he put in. I don't see it as us being let down by him, both parties did all right by it. This time last season no one would have considered that one of the big four would have entertained him. With his past record happen he should bite pool's hand off because he might not get another chance.

Gutted he has gone, but if we can sign Mido then I will be more than happy.

I read somewhere though that Benitez is only interviewing Bellamy to see if he will be happy playing on the wide right, or as a sub in most games. If this is the case we could be looking at Newcastle all over again.

Once a toe-rag, always a toe-rag.

"I'm not leaving after a year. Who, me? Release clause? No, absolutely not."

I can't wait for him to gob-off big-time in training at Liverpool and bring aggro down on himself. As I'm sure he will.

spot on mate i expect the same.... :rover:

Wonder if MGP or Reid would have had their decision to sign affected if they had known Bellers was off?

I doubt that, MGP never wanted away, and if Reid would be affected, he'd wait until he knew the outcome of the Bellamy rumours, as they've been hot from before he signed

Archived