BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Imo Craig Bellamy is a better player than Michael Owen (but more injury prone) which is why I think people are only realistic in being so down.

The gulf between the elite and the rest is growing and making the Premiership duller. Yes Arsenal might be poor one season (but still get in the Champs League) or Everton might over-achieve (but not get into the Champs League gp stages) but teams like Rovers are trying to remain half-decent but to do so they have to run large debts through expenditure on wages.

Hence Jims admirable view on the disruptive and evil influence on our game produced from giving 4 clubs access to vast income from the Champions League.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the thing that is upsetting is the image that he gave in the LET that he here for the long haul.

He asked to do the interview due to the fact that questions were being ask and he wanted to put the record stright.

Well he did with a right pack of old lies.

I number of people have said live in the real world, well we do, if fans show the same attidude we do not half get some stick, howver players which give little back are praised to the high heavns.

well fans ( from all clubs) will start to say that there no longer will pay such high costs to watch live games at the ground. It would take me 6 years to earm what CB earn in a week.

well enough is enough I will watch football on sky and in the pub watch rovers because I can just afford that and if I am not being a true fans then that just too bad, enough is enough.

Eeee its all enough to make a saint swear Des!

btw you feel bad? Well so how do you think Sparky and his team feel? Maybe being cruel but we can prob get by without you!

Lighten up! Rem how we absolutely bloody loved it when we were rich! :rover:

Thenodrog

<Unless we support some mammoth team from our armchairs we will get days like this and worse! How shallow and weak would that be though?>

Would that include the likes of your proto-Lancashire United then?!

Nah, let's stop the handwringing and wish the Welsh wizard well wherever he ends up playing next season....BRFC will always prevail.

I seriously reckon the Gally, Kuqi and Matty D combo could be the answer :blink:

I think the dogging of Belllers is well out of order. I don't like the fact that he told porkies but some of the venom spit his way on here is ott.

I enjoyed watching him play for us some of his goals were stunning. He's not gone yet.

He must be going,the scousers are making songs for him.

Prepare to cringe.

Example:

WE once had had a striker called Rush,

Who hit the net the every shot that he took,

and we've now got a striker called Bellamy,

Who's been a red all his life and he hates toffee.

:blink::wstu:

I though this one was pretty good.....

He's Welsh,

He's short,

He's got to go to court,

Bellamy.

You dont have to lecture me on the history of football theno :rolleyes: and certainly not in such a patronising way.The fact is that OUR club has lost out in such a big way with this whole fiasco its ruddy unbelievable and sickening.

Why do I get the feeling you are rather revelling in all this?... even going as far as to use it as some sort of smug justification to your ridiculous 'Lancashire United' stance....GIVE US A BREAK FELLA !!. :lol:

Anybody ever thought that all this (and the Dunny and Duff saga too) could so easily have been avoided ........... if instead of a small town outfit we were a proper big club ourselves! Powerful, wealthy and regular big hitters on the European scene?

How does everybody feel about Lancashire Utd today? :P:lol:

NO WAY!!!!! Especially if we have to amalgamate with Bumley. (Mind you I don't think there would be too many of their players in the line-up) :rolleyes::lol:

Ive always thought that Bellamy enjoyed being the "big fish" in the small pond whilst at Rovers.

If he goes to Liverpool, he'll have to live in Gerrard/Carragher/Luis Garca's shadow, this may not be to his liking.

Whatever happens Bellamy gave us one fantastic season, and I wish him all the best with whatever choice he makes.

I have to say that once again all this Bellamy bum licking makes me sick. If he does leave, which looks pretty likely, it will be a blow, but I am not going to think very highly of him. He gave us half a season of very good play, that doesn't shoot him into the realm of legend in my books. He has then done nothing to help us get his true value and has flat out lied to the fans. Can he replaced, most certainly yes, I am of the belief that a more creative midfielder combined with a good finisher, even one with less talent then Bellamy, would make us a better team.

If he goes, I will wish him well except when LFC play Rovers.

We enjoyed his mercurial talent for 1/2 a season, he scored some memorable goals and we got into Europe.

Howver he has a predisposition to getting booked, has 2 possible court appearances, is injury prone with dodgy hamstrings, loathes playing on the right and will be a medium sized fish in a large lake. LFC may not even make the champions league and have to slum it in the UEFA cup with little old Rovers. I say good luck Rafa - you might need it.

Rovers will move on - this is the way of the premiership.

There may well be some tasty pickings to be had when Serie A implodes.

I've not been bothered to read all of these pages - so apologies if someone else has mentioned this.

There are a few people saying "Bellamy lied about the existence of the clause".

It would bet everything I have that there was a "confidentiality clause" or a "comment clause" in his contract - which prevented Bellars from commenting on "the clause" or set out what he was to say if he was ever asked the question about the existence of "the clause".

I could be wrong, but confidentiality clauses are standard things.

It would bet everything I have that there was a "confidentiality clause" or a "comment clause" in his contract - which prevented Bellars from commenting on "the clause" or set out what he was to say if he was ever asked the question about the existence of "the clause".

I could be wrong, but confidentiality clauses are standard things.

If there were such a thing all he had to do was say that he didn't want to talk about the details of his contract, but that he certainly had no intention of leaving the club. Still sounds great, hasn't given anything a way and it wasn't a flat out lie (though some may dispute whether he has always intended on leaving or not).

Yes, he has decided to take a stinky dump on Rovers fans. That much is clear but that's life for you. Surprises around the corner when you least expect it. Bad ones and good ones.

You know, I've just realised that there is a feasible market for voodoo dolls of Premiership footballers. They would sell like hot cakes. I seriously think the BRFC club shop should talk to local craftsmen and acquire voodoo dolls of Bellamy and Duff (hey Shearer and Souness may even sell as there are some right unforgiving rovers fans out there). I would certainly buy Bellamy's! Time to cash in on these sort of things. :tu:

What has Duff done wrong He was a top player.OK Bellamy has used us as a a stepping stone but thats life .Duff has probably played the best football of his career at ewood and I for would have him back tomorrow so lay off Duffers!!!

Once the dust settles and this one dies down logic may return. We lost Shearer after pledging he would stay. We lost Colin Hendry after saying he'd sign on for a testimonial. Sutton jumped ship after we were relegated. We lost Duff for a bundle saying he never wanted to leave. We lost Dunn only because he fell out with the manager. Each time the club rebounded. BRFC has been around since the 1800's, one player going to a bigger team won't kill us. Whenever Bellamy leaves (more than likely when he steps onto Manchester airport tarmac this week) Hughes and the board will look for suitable replacements.

Yes, we're all a bit pi$$ed off at his apparent fibs to the local rag regarding the "clause" and we're also pi$$ed off at the thought of losing our best player, but we will bounce back; we have before. Football today is not the days of yore where players could go out on a Friday night before the game, get a convenient month suspension over Christmas, and stay at the same club throughout their careers; it's now a business where the rich are getting richer (clubs and players) by the day due to Champions League gravy trains and Yank influenced profiteering. If we let one player upset the apple cart it will ruin the club. We all know agents need controlling, we all know the FA needs fixing, but the only time we care is when something goes wrong. It will be a case of Craig Who? when our new signing bags a brace against Man U next season.

Relax.

Here Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont have to lecture me on the history of football theno :rolleyes: and certainly not in such a patronising way.The fact is that OUR club has lost out in such a big way with this whole fiasco its ruddy unbelievable and sickening.

'Unbelievable'? 'Sickening'?........ Nah..... Totally innacurate adjectives there SG194.

Far more accurate and relevent would be these two 'disappointing' and 'inevitable'. :(

Get over it.... AND THEN..... Get used to it. It's the BRFC fans very own masochistic legacy. :( Dont worry though cos 90 odd other club's fans have to cope with the self same sh1t albeit on a basis of varying regularity.

Prefer a transfer to the Dingles would you?

:rover:

sg 194 I know that you are distraught but you are so frustrating. You must think more clearly.

Facts

1. We ARE a small town club with a small support base.

Oi you!

Before you get the sackcloth and ashes out yet again and pass the collection tin around for Lancashire United please remember Bellamy will reportedly have to take a pay cut to join Liverpool!

God bless Uncle Jack. (and Sky)

Is it possible that Bellamy is paying back his agent (with one last transfer fee) as the move is afoot, apparently, in the Premier League to rid agents of transfer fees?

Or am I on a different planet with this view? :blink:

sg 194 I know that you are distraught but you are so frustrating. You must think more clearly.

Facts

1. We ARE a small town club with a small support base.

2. ----

3. ----

4. ----

It is necessary to add our attitude to the reason.

Before the end of the season

How many people posted, "I am happy in 6th place", ha?

--- I posted If I'm a top player,It will be felt not so happy for "6th place is happy" people.

Of course, I want also to blame release clause and other reasons...

However,

I still regret the we don't finished 4th place.

To anybody under 50 out there I feel sorry for you. You never knew the good times..........

Without going on a rant about Sky/money/loyalty etc I'd agree with thenodrog. I'm disappointed Bellamy is leaving but only because he's a player who brings a spark to our game. That feeling of anticipation when he's on a run or receives the ball, he might make something happen. I wasn't in anyway excited by his arrival, I now know he's a very good footballer and enjoyed watching him. I don't feel any real disappointment in his leaving, I'm certainly not going to call his name - if he can't make up his mind just imagine his agent showing him some of the stuff people are writing about him and he hasn't left yet!!

My major concern is the effect on next season's crowds. Perhaps the majority don't feel like me but I suspect many do. I can't think of a single signing that would excite me, simply because I know the players are here for nothing other than money. We all have to be realistic, none of these players want to play for Blackburn Rovers or Liverpool or Arsenal or Chelsea, they simply want money. If players truely wanted to play football none of this discussion would be taking place, fabulous footballers would not be content to warm the bench at Stamford Bridge. We've seen plenty of this at Ewood in recent years ~ just look at Brett Emerton.

If Bellamy stays he should enjoy real appreciation from us all for being true to his sport and making a decision for footballing reasons. If he simply wants to play every Saturday and excite the crowds, which he won't at Anfield, he should stay at Ewood.

Excitment and belief in the modern footballer died for me shortly after Shearer left. Most of them aren't worth tuppence. Theno is right it used to be much, much better when you could believe, or at least trick yourself into believing, these players wanted to play for your club. Today you can't believe a word they say. What Bellamy said or did not say in the LET is irrelevant, anyone who thought he meant it has no one to blame other than themselves for their disappointment. Just suppose we sign RVN:

"I've always had a lot of respect for Mark Hughes and his methods. Whenever I've played at Ewood for Man Utd I've been impressed by the set up, the friendly atmoshere, the staff and the great support. It was an easy decision for me to come here"

Translated " I've had a row with RFW, nobody else has come in for me, and this lot are willing to pay £80k/week and I don't even have to move house. If I want to leave in six months how can they stop me?"

Cynical? Yes. Realistic? Yes

Archived