BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Just hold on a minute. Bellamy is probably the most unpredictable person in modern football so don't be surprised if he turns down Liverpool.

He likes to be a loose canon and rovers give him the opportunity to upset the apple cart on a weekly basis. He knows what it is to play for a big club and may now prefer to be the party spoiler at small town rovers.

Also lets not forget the Mark Hughes factor and that Robbie Savage is one of his best friends, it's must be a pleasure to play with your best mate and the man who's help shape your career from the start and is building a team around him.

This isn't over yet!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right. Its certainly not over in the slighest. Benitez will be asking Bellamy if he'd be prepared to play wide right next season (where Cisse played a lot) and you can be sure Bellamy wont be too happy about that. Benitez comments today pretty much made that theory clear.

I'm in Yawnsie's camp. Its not over until the fat lady signs the contract !

He's probably spoke to MH, who's said I understand your position, go talk to RB.

If its not for you, you know your wanted here.

With MH we have the best chance we'll ever have of keeping Bellers.

I persoally think Rovers did a great bit of buisness getting Bellers to Rovers in the first place, given our rep at the time.

Thats football. But I trust Mark Hughes' footballing judgement whatever the outcome.

Good Luck to you Craig :brfc:

Hints to me that the meeting between Benitez and Bellamy is early tomorrow, I reckon personal terms have already been done by his agent and if it all goes well tomorrow then the agent will say he's joining the Mickeys subject to a medical or something. Just guesswork from me but i've resigned myself to his exit anyway.

I thought he was still on his honeymoon <_< Is Benitez going out there to meet him?

Or has Bellamy made his mind up and decided to stay at Rovers?

Another consideration: Does Benitez actually know and understand what he is taking on with Bellamy?

1) His proneness to injury.

2) His Ego and how difficult he can be to handle, especially if he is not the "main man".

3) His feelings that nobody understands him (except Sparky and Co.)

4) His truthfullness and reliability.

5) His forthcoming court appearence and possible abscence for some time thereafter.

6) His tendency to take issue with his team mates, as at NUFC.

Any others?

Obviously, we (Rovers) were used as a stepping stone for last season to get himself back onto the ladder. But I do not think we should hang around and wait. If Hughesy has any sense he will be on the phone lining up a couple of strikers to take his place.

But I do agree with what everyone else is saying.

Benitez will not be able to handle Bellas and his ego, his injury proneness, and yes I do not think Bellamy will suit Liverpools style of play. Out wide on the right lugging up and down the touch line.

PS... NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN A CLUB. If he goes then so be it, the club has survived without him before and we will survive again. This Football players come and go.

It's over finally.

He's gone.

Let's just enjoy the bashing Sweden will take tonight because tomorrow morning's papers will have a gleeful picture of Rafa Benitez using the rovers crest as his toilet paper with Bellamy crapping nearby on a poor rovers fan.

What a lot of grief stricken baby houses there are on here. Grow up children this is the real world.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin..........

Summer 05....

Hughesy.... So go on Craig will you sign for us for 4m instead of Celtic, Brum and Everton? Blackburns errr a really nice town...... err I'm told.

Bellamy....Well OK Mark I've always respected you and what you have done for Wales and my international career. I've always thought that Blackburn's a nice CLUB too...... BUT my agent says that you have to agree to a release clause of 6m to run for 12 months. So basically I have to follow his advice so its a case of take it or leave it I'm afraid Mark.

Hughesy..... Oh well stuff it then you arrogant little sh1t

OR

Well if thats the bottom line then we will have to agree to that then Craigy boyo. Welcome to Blackburn.

Now which answer do you think it was children?

Anybody ever thought that all this (and the Dunny and Duff saga too) could so easily have been avoided ........... if instead of a small town outfit we were a proper big club ourselves! Powerful, wealthy and regular big hitters on the European scene?

How does everybody feel about Lancashire Utd today? :P:lol:

Anybody ever thought that all this (and the Dunny and Duff saga too) could so easily have been avoided ........... if instead of a small town outfit we were a proper big club ourselves! Powerful, wealthy and regular big hitters on the European scene?

How does everybody feel about Lancashire Utd today? :P:lol:

Dunny? You mean getting 5.5million for a player who's played a handful of games since?

Well bye bye Bellamy, at least we had a year out of you.

I really understand what you feel by this SAD news.

I'm be perfectly deadly by that news.

though, I think It's not good post.

It's your earnest words, I can't blame you.but If It's smell of desperation post, please don't post it.

Players are read this forum we thought.

You think about How are they(him) feel like this post to read it.

What a lot of grief stricken baby houses there are on here. Grow up children this is the real world.

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin..........

Summer 05....

Hughesy.... So go on Craig will you sign for us for 4m instead of Celtic, Brum and Everton? Blackburns errr a really nice town...... err I'm told.

Bellamy....Well OK Mark I've always respected you and what you have done for Wales and my international career. I've always thought that Blackburn's a nice CLUB too...... BUT my agent says that you have to agree to a release clause of 6m to run for 12 months. So basically I have to follow his advice so its a case of take it or leave it I'm afraid Mark.

Hughesy..... Oh well stuff it then you arrogant little sh1t

OR

Well if thats the bottom line then we will have to agree to that then Craigy boyo. Welcome to Blackburn.

Now which answer do you think it was children?

Why turn into a patronising arsehole theno? You don't know that's what happened. Didn't Celtic say they couldn't afford him?

Why turn into a patronising arsehole theno? You don't know that's what happened. Didn't Celtic say they couldn't afford him?

I think what theno is trying to say is that if the clause was given on a take it or leave it basis to Rovers, and they told him to stick it where the sun dont shine, and then he went and signed for Everton or worse still "the big club",then the knives would have been out big style from many Rovers fans who would have taken the view that we should sign him even with a get out clause and we just might reap the benefit of a few goals from Bellamy along the way...................................which is exactly what did happen.

Gutted if he does go. That's life and I will still be a Rovers ticket holder whoever is playing. As I have said on here before you may as well just laugh the next time you see any player kissing the badge. The only thing it shows me is they do it because they cannot kiss the wage packet.

Why is anyone suprised by this latest showing of footballing loyalty ? As soon as he signed the contract, with clause, he was on his way out in the next available transfer window. Bellamy has used Blackburn Rovers simply to get his career back on track after falling out with Souness and finding he had no other offers other than from a team in the Mickey Mouse league north of the Wall. Hughes knew that the only way he would get Bellamy was to insert the clause in his contract - either he was very smart or his agent was. He has repeatedly said he is not moving, so not only has he used the club as a stepping stone to get his career back on track, he also lied in public. To be honest its probably not his fault - he doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed :blink:

If he wants to play for the Spanish Armada then let him sail down the Leeds Liverpool canal on the good ship 'Ego'. He was injured for half of last season and with Liverpools track record of unfit strikers he will fit in very nicely at Anfield.

Annoyed ? Yes I am. Happy to see him go ? Yes, because he blatantly thinks he is too big for this club. I wish him well, thanks for some great goals and as they say in showbiz, break a leg mate !

Heskey and Mido upfront anyone ?

Accyrover :wstu:

PS, Mr Hughes, can I have the £65k a week instead please ?

top post mate the only bit I don't agree with is Heskey

Once the dust settles and this one dies down logic may return. We lost Shearer after pledging he would stay. We lost Colin Hendry after saying he'd sign on for a testimonial. Sutton jumped ship after we were relegated. We lost Duff for a bundle saying he never wanted to leave. We lost Dunn only because he fell out with the manager. Each time the club rebounded. BRFC has been around since the 1800's, one player going to a bigger team won't kill us. Whenever Bellamy leaves (more than likely when he steps onto Manchester airport tarmac this week) Hughes and the board will look for suitable replacements.

Yes, we're all a bit pi$$ed off at his apparent fibs to the local rag regarding the "clause" and we're also pi$$ed off at the thought of losing our best player, but we will bounce back; we have before. Football today is not the days of yore where players could go out on a Friday night before the game, get a convenient month suspension over Christmas, and stay at the same club throughout their careers; it's now a business where the rich are getting richer (clubs and players) by the day due to Champions League gravy trains and Yank influenced profiteering. If we let one player upset the apple cart it will ruin the club. We all know agents need controlling, we all know the FA needs fixing, but the only time we care is when something goes wrong. It will be a case of Craig Who? when our new signing bags a brace against Man U next season.

Relax.

Why is it that when it comes to our best players leaving we always seem to be that puppy dog that just rolls over all to easily to have its belly tickled.

sg 194 I know that you are distraught but you are so frustrating. You must think more clearly.

Facts

1. We ARE a small town club with a small support base.

2. Abolition of the maximum wage in the early 60's started the rot. When that was in it's inception Blackburn, Burnley, Preston, Bolton and Blackpool were ALL in the top division and with their own superstar international players! Pool had Eng capt Jimmy Armfield and wing wizard Sir Stan Matthews, PNE had the best player of all time in Sir Tom Finney, Burnley fans revered the great Jimmy MacIlroy, Bolton had the Lion of Vienna Nat Lofthouse leading their attact and we had Eng Capt Ronnie Clayton and one the incomparable Bryan Douglas who kept both Finney and Matthews out of the England team. Make no mistake EVER that these guys were the Rooney's, Hoddle's, Gazza's and Gerrards of their day. Largely local heroes they were supported by superb squads too and it was a refreshing time when in August any one of at least 6 or 8 clubs had a confidant shout of winning the league.

3. New rules to allow home clubs to keep the gate money rather than sharing with the visiting club. Early 70's.

4. Bosman ruling in the 90's and the ensuing Freedom of contract situation which has just bitten us so painfully on the arse.

To anybody under 50 out there I feel sorry for you. You never knew the good times. We won the world cup with 3 heroes from West Ham, 2 from Man U and 1 each from Leicester, Fulham, Everton, Liverpool, Leeds and Blackpool fps! (Please note NONE from Spurs, Chelsea and the Arse played that day!) The structure of football was good and honest bit it is terrible now. The money men in football and the media are simply taking the p1ss out of the supporters nowadays. Unless we support some mammoth team from our armchairs we will get days like this and worse! How shallow and weak would that be though?

I guess the great sell out in football had to happen as "The only 'constant' in life is change", lets hope that the same concept will somehow see the end of this current crap and herald a return to times when honesty, loyalty and sporting endeavour are the by-words. I just hope that we will all live to see such a time. But I'm not counting on it thats for sure.

Imo Craig Bellamy is a better player than Michael Owen (but more injury prone) which is why I think people are only realistic in being so down.

The gulf between the elite and the rest is growing and making the Premiership duller. Yes Arsenal might be poor one season (but still get in the Champs League) or Everton might over-achieve (but not get into the Champs League gp stages) but teams like Rovers are trying to remain half-decent but to do so they have to run large debts through expenditure on wages.

I think what theno is trying to say is that if the clause was given on a take it or leave it basis to Rovers, and they told him to stick it where the sun dont shine, and then he went and signed for Everton or worse still "the big club",then the knives would have been out big style from many Rovers fans who would have taken the view that we should sign him even with a get out clause and we just might reap the benefit of a few goals from Bellamy along the way...................................which is exactly what did happen.

Thank you Ian. Anybody with half a brain can see that surely (poss even eddie) but then again apparently not. Also people shouldn't grieve and moan. This tactic is our only hope of relative success in todays game. I would like nothing better than for sparky to persuade Defoe's agent that 12 months at Ewood will see him and his player hitting the lottrey jackpot too with a move to some footballing mega club. I'd just have liked us to have doubled our money on Bellamy rather than increased our investment by the not unworthy 50% that we have made but hinsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Good luck to him I say if he gets to sign for Liverpool. We bought him on the cheap, he had a great season and we sell him at a profit. I know a lot of people will be slagging him off but I won't be 1 of them because as far as I am concerned he has given the club all we could have asked for and he has never been into kissing the badge and pledging his undying loyalty to the club. And when we sign someone from another club to replace him then that is fair enough as well, same rules apply.

Archived