BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Correct

.....and don't we just get sick of being left with a broken heart.

I'm 52 years old and Blackburn Rovers can still make my stomach turn with emotion, still bring tears to my eyes.............I just wish the bloody footballers did the same.

Bloody?

May I suggest you read http://www.brfcs.biz/mb/index.php?showtopic=14500

Emotional outbursts aren't permitted :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we can play hard ball with the "clause" - as we did with the Duff transfer.

i.e.

£6.5m all paid up front (i.e. no installments package)

£6.5m pure profit - agents cut, any bonuses due to the player to be paid by Liverpool

I think we will probably end up getting paid in installments by Liverpool (as I doubt they have that much cash spare up front) - but wouldn't be surprised to see Pingu coming to us for a cut price deal as a sweetener.

And there's all those other players we keep letting go for free that we should have at least got some kind of minor fee for. Like the youthies (Brett Ormerod, who was a bit after plying his trade in the Prem...Danns who has just signed for 'Big Club' for 850k, and who I always rated, yet we never saw a penny for but simply paid while he was on the books

we have recieved 30% of that fee

I wonder if we can play hard ball with the "clause" - as we did with the Duff transfer.

i.e.

£6.5m all paid up front (i.e. no installments package)

£6.5m pure profit - agents cut, any bonuses due to the player to be paid by Liverpool

I think we will probably end up getting paid in installments by Liverpool (as I doubt they have that much cash spare up front) - but wouldn't be surprised to see Pingu coming to us for a cut price deal as a sweetener.

I expect this works the otherway Pool have bid 6.5M so he's thiers, they will pay a tenner a week over 12500 years and you should be grateful.

I expect this works the otherway Pool have bid 6.5M so he's thiers, they will pay a tenner a week over 12500 years and you should be grateful.

still hope he stays tho - cos I think he'd be played out of position at Liverpool + theres more competition up front

Surely the deal would have to be done on our terms, otherwise clauses would be pointless. What I mean by that is Chelski, for example, could have offered to pay off the £17m over 25 years for Duff and we'd have to accept it as the clause would be triggered by the sum total to be paid. I'd expect that the teams could come to some arrangement if the selling team could do with the cash, but in our case I'd expect all the money up front.

Bellers is off, I just can't see any other outcome of this. (Jinx, jinx, jinx!!)

Give us our money, then Sparky can send him off - see you at Ewood with a silent reception.

I don't hold any grudges, but I hope he fails at Liverpool - just as I hope any player fail in rival clubs. Injuries, wrong tactics, not in first team - doesn't matter which - I just hope he fails.

Then, perhaps we can take him back on the cheap in one year :)

we have recieved 30% of that fee

Aye, saw someone say that a bit after I posted...I remember it coming up before though and people thought we weren't gonna get anything. I stand corrected though, and am glad to be in this case! So that's a bit over 275k then, handy. Still, would've liked to have given him a chance, thought the lad was a good prospect and didn't understand why he wasn't used more- like many of our youth players after they make an impact.

I've just one thing to say to Bellamy.

Can we have our Player of the Season trophy back please before you go. It might get nicked in Liverpool, like Dudek's medals.

:lol::lol::lol:

As much as it's extremely funny I really do feel sorry for Dudek.

He's had a woeful season, then to be dropped from the WC andnow to have his house broken into and lose all that memorbilia. Disgraceful.

As you said some will happen to Craig!!!

:blink:

Lets hope the negotiations are going as well as when Bowyer was getting his 'dream move' to Anfield...

Things have been very quiet in the last 4 hours since he arrived at Liverpool. Perhaps RB has told him he's going to play him on the right wing.

Things have been very quiet in the last 4 hours since he arrived at Liverpool. Perhaps RB has told him he's going to play him on the right wing.

I'd imagine with his history of injuries he'll be having a vigirous medical. At a guess i'll say we'll be put out of our misery with an official announcement tomorrow, or should that be in misery as we're losing our best player? Gutted

Still rather know than not know. Then you can accept it and get on with things. Expect the Rovers staff have already accepted it and moved on. If he changed his mind it would be great but they can't let the grass grow under their feet and need to be planning ahead as it's only a few weeks now to the start of pre season and they did say they wanted to have all their signings in place if possible so they get a full preseason with them.

They are not supporters like us, so how can the feel the same ? To them it is a place of work and they will go wherever they can earn the most money.

Just like anyone else really.

Did those same words not apply also to the players in the pre-1960's Jim? So why didn't they behave in the same way as the present crop of players?

How long is this thing gonna take. I'm getting ticked off by all the 'not knowing' and second guessing.

RB: Craig, do you want to sign for Liverpool?

Option 1:

CB: Yes

Press Release: Bellamy signs for Liverpool

Option 2

CB: No

Press Release: Bellamy stays faithful to Rovers

It doesnt take this long to sort it out. Hurry up and put us out of our misery.

p.s. I'm not that naive to know it does take a while to sort out one's future but does it have to drag out this long. I've not seen any pics of him at Anfield on the news though so has he gone there today or not?

How long is this thing gonna take. I'm getting ticked off by all the 'not knowing' and second guessing.

Option 1:

Option 2

Press Release: Bellamy stays faithful to Rovers

It doesnt take this long to sort it out. Hurry up and put us out of our misery.

p.s. I'm not that naive to know it does take a while to sort out one's future but does it have to drag out this long. I've not seen any pics of him at Anfield on the news though so has he gone there today or not?

It would probably read more like

Option 1:

Option 2

Press Release: Bellamy stays at Blackburn for the big payday.

Nothing positive you understand.

It is a little strange that nothing has been confirmed....

Not really, infact i'd of been gobsmacked if anything was confirmed today. He was supposedly only meeting Benitez today, theres there chat which i'd imagine would take a long while (Surely a manager wants to have a good chat with a probable new player about his plans etc), then theres a medical which takes a good few hours, then theres the results of the medical. Be tomorrow I reckon or maybe Friday.

Archived